Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Timecode users......... [SOLVED] - Page: 19

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

SBDJ wrote :
Djratedxxx919 wrote :
they got the money only thing that concerning them is the bandwidth we are using complaining, surprised the thread hasnt been locked yet

Why would we lock it - there's no issues with users complaining and making their feelings known.

Djratedxxx919 wrote :
Do any of you users use mixvibes, i had a copy but sold it cause i thought this would be the version,,but huh. My question is How did it handle on a gig basis, Im asking because when i do a function i use my controller and just recently bought a hybrid dj mixer and serviced my 12s so i have never gig with mixvibes because with controllers V7 was great. Did you haves success in the club environment with mixvibes.

Whilst we also have no issue with the discussion of other software, turning this thread in the bug report forum into a discussion about another software is not the place to do it. We have a general discussion forum for that kind of stuff.

Mate I know you kept in the loop on development, what's the latest for us time code users? or do we have to wait until every language and spelling errors are corrected before they do some serious coding... I have friends that's good at programming if the devs are having difficulties fixing these bugs... sometimes I wished this was open source..... I also noticed that updates have moved to weekly why are TC users being kept out of the beta testing stage?

Posted Mon 14 Jul 14 @ 12:24 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Dj Sky-Trendsetters wrote :
Mate I know you kept in the loop on development, what's the latest for us time code users?

I've no more information for you than I've already made available, sorry.

do we have to wait until every language and spelling errors are corrected before they do some serious coding...

In the case of language, spelling and the like these are actually handled by the native language speakers for those languages wherever possible, so generally speaking it doesn't tie up the time of the development team for fixes like that.

why are TC users being kept out of the beta testing stage?

TC users have access to beta builds the same as all other users.

Posted Mon 14 Jul 14 @ 2:49 pm
SBDJ wrote :
Mate I know you kept in the loop on development, what's the latest for us time code users?

I've no more information for you than I've already made available, sorry.

do we have to wait until every language and spelling errors are corrected before they do some serious coding...

In the case of language, spelling and the like these are actually handled by the native language speakers for those languages wherever possible, so generally speaking it doesn't tie up the time of the development team for fixes like that.

why are TC users being kept out of the beta testing stage?

TC users have access to beta builds the same as all other users.

Im getting dizzy with all that spin....

we dont wanna jump ship you making us walk the plank...

My question is why isnt timecode the main development issue...

Posted Mon 14 Jul 14 @ 3:17 pm
Djratedxxx919 wrote :

What spin?! I answered the questions honestly.

Djratedxxx919 wrote :

It sounds flippant but all users see 'their' issues as being the 'main' issue. Unfortunately though I can't answer your question.

Posted Mon 14 Jul 14 @ 3:24 pm
AdvokutPRO InfinityMember since 2010
thanks for your honest answers SBDJ, i feel everyone are getting slightly annoyed not to get feedback on these issues untill now

i would like to ask everyone to stay polite and nice to eachother as before. Respect and thanks to STAFF MEMBERS and moderators for sticking around and putting up with us, hopefully it won't be long till we can use v8 like v7, meaning with timecode.

peace and one love

Posted Mon 14 Jul 14 @ 3:51 pm
SBDJ wrote :
Djratedxxx919 wrote :

Djratedxxx919 wrote :

It sounds flippant but all users see 'their' issues as being the 'main' issue. Unfortunately though I can't answer your question.

Well timecode should be the most look at because it needs to be precise, period. Theres softwares out there that dont have half the function of VDJ but they are respected more for the dj because of the precise timecode. I dont think any of us wanna switch we wanna convert trktor and serato users and shame they face for talking junk. Then you gotta realize that the complainers are from DJs the wanna show off and call out djs and blaze they a** with VDJ..with us having that personality you gotta understand why we want ths software to be a better choice on all aspects. Thats why we are passionate and upset at same time.

Posted Mon 14 Jul 14 @ 3:55 pm
Like I said before I fully understand your position :)

Posted Mon 14 Jul 14 @ 4:17 pm
Djratedxxx919 wrote :
SBDJ wrote :
Djratedxxx919 wrote :

Djratedxxx919 wrote :

Well timecode should be the most look at because it needs to be precise, period. Theres softwares out there that dont have half the function of VDJ but they are respected more for the dj because of the precise timecode. I dont think any of us wanna switch we wanna convert trktor and serato users and shame they face for talking junk. Then you gotta realize that the complainers are from DJs the wanna show off and call out djs and blaze they a** with VDJ..with us having that personality you gotta understand why we want ths software to be a better choice on all aspects. Thats why we are passionate and upset at same time.

Exactly a precise time code engine is what separates VDJ from the big league and the big boys... no bragging rights until then, with all due respect to the guys that use controllers

Posted Mon 14 Jul 14 @ 4:18 pm
SBDJ wrote :
Like I said before I fully understand your position :)

SB i gotta ask are they seeing us?

Posted Mon 14 Jul 14 @ 4:21 pm
Djratedxxx919 wrote :
SBDJ wrote :
Djratedxxx919 wrote :

Djratedxxx919 wrote :

Exactly a precise time code engine is what separates VDJ from the big league and the big boys... no bragging rights until then, with all due respect to the guys that use controllers

Dj Sky-Trendsetters
I really think the precise timecode is because they focus on one version of timecode, their own. I really truly believe thats the answer. Make VDJ timecode perfect and perfectly working together with it. Does anybody understand or agree with me.

Posted Mon 14 Jul 14 @ 4:28 pm
Djratedxxx919 wrote :

The development team are aware of the plight of the timecode user :)

Posted Mon 14 Jul 14 @ 4:37 pm
SBDJ wrote :
Djratedxxx919 wrote :

The development team are aware of the plight of the timecode user :)

YOU are the 1 that said that

The lead developer himself has said that timecode is on the list to get some TLC.

so what happen to those word now u have no answer for us.

Posted Mon 14 Jul 14 @ 4:49 pm
I don't understand your question. I am confirming that timecode is on the list for some attention - but I have no more information I can provide you at this time than that.

Perhaps it's for the best if I just stay out of this thread; it's clear you'll not be happy with anything I say.

Posted Mon 14 Jul 14 @ 5:17 pm
all we wanna hear is fixed!!

Posted Mon 14 Jul 14 @ 5:19 pm
AdvokutPRO InfinityMember since 2010
SBDJ please stay. we're all proffesionell adults in her, just passionate.

and any news are better than no use. as they say, dont shoot the messanger. after all you are our communicator with the devs and you are here with a understanding of our problem which the next guy may not have

Posted Mon 14 Jul 14 @ 7:02 pm

Dj Sky-Trendsetters
I really think the precise timecode is because they focus on one version of timecode, their own. I really truly believe thats the answer. Make VDJ timecode perfect and perfectly working together with it. Does anybody understand or agree with me.
[/quote]

I most definitely agree forcus on 1 timecode and it should be just virtual Dj time code .

Posted Mon 14 Jul 14 @ 8:54 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
The latest beta did get an option to make it easier to record the timecode signal directly, which will make it easier for us to investigate specific issues.
Specifically, as soon as you put the 'midiLogLevel' option to 'Timecode' and start using timecode, it will record the signal in your Documents\VirtualDJ folder.
To help in finding the issues, what would be helpful is if you could turn on this option, and then replicate the issue in a short sample (best to use only one deck).
Make a detailed description of the issue, and share the recording found in Documents\VirtualDJ.

I also would like to let you know that just posting a lot in this topic is *not* helping the development at all. Reading through all bumps and reposts to find the detailed descriptions of the actual problems just makes it more difficult for us.

Posted Tue 15 Jul 14 @ 1:11 am
Adion wrote :
The latest beta did get an option to make it easier to record the timecode signal directly, which will make it easier for us to investigate specific issues.
Specifically, as soon as you put the 'midiLogLevel' option to 'Timecode' and start using timecode, it will record the signal in your Documents\VirtualDJ folder.
To help in finding the issues, what would be helpful is if you could turn on this option, and then replicate the issue in a short sample (best to use only one deck).
Make a detailed description of the issue, and share the recording found in Documents\VirtualDJ.

I also would like to let you know that just posting a lot in this topic is *not* helping the development at all. Reading through all bumps and reposts to find the detailed descriptions of the actual problems just makes it more difficult for us.

OK i under stand what u are saying but i made 7 video on the problem that most of us are having.

1-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeUj5iBHLMA

2-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5b_DlGBucs

3-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWJrnBqF2Dw

4-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z62ym0qZpYc

5-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bScxe8E1slU

6-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkdCZ1FmfYQ

7-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvQc9ogpfN4

And now i'm going to do what u said with the timecode signal so u will see.

Posted Tue 15 Jul 14 @ 1:28 am
Djratedxxx919 wrote :
Djratedxxx919 wrote :
SBDJ wrote :
Djratedxxx919 wrote :

Djratedxxx919 wrote :

Dj Sky-Trendsetters
I really think the precise timecode is because they focus on one version of time code, their own. I really truly believe thats the answer. Make VDJ timecode perfect and perfectly working together with it. Does anybody understand or agree with me.

100% agree with this and I am going to try Adion's method recording the timecode signal.... Random blips in the signal could be causing these skips and jumps

Posted Tue 15 Jul 14 @ 7:05 am
Dj Sky-Trendsetters
How o we do that
i have it on timecode does it record it self.

Posted Tue 15 Jul 14 @ 8:10 am
40%