Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Timecode users......... [SOLVED] - Page: 18

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

SBDJ wrote :
xgl_dj wrote :
I think the point, he was trying to emphasize is - timecode bugs have been reported before some of this issues and they and are getting attention/have gotten fixed.. but no fixes for timecodes.

Fixes aren't made in the order they are reported though, development doesn't always work that way. The lead developer himself has said that timecode is on the list to get some TLC.

I understand your frustration more than you realise.

Ok that sounds promising, once time code is fixed VDJ 8 will definitely be a force to reckon with and sure to see an increase in downloads. I been hesitant in promoting the software because all the dj's I know use time codes but please tell the devs to show us some TLC as I really don't fancy switching full time to another DVS

Posted Tue 08 Jul 14 @ 10:59 am
Time code drifting off Cue point. Listen carefully for the sharp percussion sound, each time I press Cue button on the CDJ the percussion sound gets quieter as it drifts away from the Cue point set via CDJs. I set this Cue point to start on that percussion sound. I am using Serato time code CD in smart mode with perfect signal and no scratches on CD

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v1fwnwhwy5g0ye6/Cue%20drift.mp4

Posted Wed 09 Jul 14 @ 7:45 pm
I have a question has anyone tried VDJ with a 2khz timecode like traktor or mixvibes timecode?

Posted Wed 09 Jul 14 @ 10:20 pm
xgl_djPRO InfinityMember since 2004
If the code is not tracking regular vinyl properly - I doubt they made any provisions for the 2khz signal..

Posted Wed 09 Jul 14 @ 10:50 pm
Djratedxxx919 wrote :
I have a question has anyone tried VDJ with a 2khz timecode like traktor or mixvibes timecode?

Yes, Traktor vinyl and it doesn't matter.

Posted Wed 09 Jul 14 @ 10:56 pm
beatbreaker

Hey bro does your timecode bypass work. does not work for me with the default skin nor any other skin that. I tried. not sure what's going on here but this is getting real bad.

Posted Wed 09 Jul 14 @ 11:52 pm
it seems timecode is VDJ worst problem.

Posted Thu 10 Jul 14 @ 2:37 pm
New beta update and still nothing for us guys, seems like the devs are not ready to get their hands dirty. Us time code users need to use the software too you know.

Posted Sun 13 Jul 14 @ 6:15 pm
Im starting to really stand by my statement that if your on turntables we are not their target user base. Trying to save money at the time is biting in the long run, cant sell it, no refunds so we are here, multiples updates no improvement. This should have been the first problem solved, Languages get updates before timecode. Heres a business motto from dominoes pizza, We learn from our mistakes. You want an idea from a research stand point, Dismiss the idea of being able to use any timecode, perfect your own timecode . If you you look aroundd even the softwares that accepts any asio soundcard only use its native timecode and every single one is perfect. Serato, Mixvibes, Traktor and even the now defunct Torq had extremely precise timecode. Timecode is so important to some of us im sure coping some VDJ vinyl wouldnt be a problem for problem free timecode.

Posted Sun 13 Jul 14 @ 7:55 pm
All I can say this is very crazy .even reading the CD is fix . And we post time code problem way before that. Then we got the staff saying that the big dog for vdj saying that time code need TLC.where that's a lot of bull crap.

Posted Sun 13 Jul 14 @ 9:12 pm
It is kinda like a parallel universe - In mainstream dj culture and other Dj forums, timecode users/traditional dj are more respected. Over here timecode users are like beggars and are definitely not priority..

Posted Sun 13 Jul 14 @ 9:42 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Just out of curiosity since all the time code users are here, a few questions on time code, the perfect signal is just a 1KHz sine wave @ 1 Volt peak isn't it?
I know it is analogue so this question may seem weird but what kind of bit rate would you need for a decent timecode signal?
And can VDJ perform auto pitch functions with timecode i.e when you load a track does it convert whatever the time code pitch is to what the software wants to be bpm matched or is it absolute and entirely dependant on the TT pitch,

Like I said just curious

Posted Mon 14 Jul 14 @ 1:52 am
Hey guys,
I'm sure, they do what they can to solve this problem. I'm using timecodes, too, but I have a stable Version for that: VDJ 7.4.1.
As long as this problem is still in the V8, I'm using 7.4.1.
Better to wait some days more and get an stable version, than solving only the half problem. V8 has a lot of problems more, than only TC.
BTW there are a lot of different TC-Vinyls to test with.

In my opinion it is more important to solve the CD-problem, what they did with the last update.
No need to be mad. Everyone thinks, that his problem is more important, than other's problems.
Everywhere here in the forum.

Be cool. I think, they will do it !!!

Best regards,
Michael

Posted Mon 14 Jul 14 @ 2:16 am
TO MICHAEL

VDJ 7 is better stable then vdj 8 but in vdj 7 they are problem to with timecode vinyl like Sticker Drift that was all off in vdj 7 the scratching was not sharp if u are a real scratch dj u will know.but if u are just mixing u will not know of theses problem because u don't scratch.And how could u say cd is more important then timecode now that just crazy when we can not DJ properly on vdj 8 i made a video on what happening check them out before judging.Just don't look at page 18 go thur the whole timecode forum and u will see the (timecode vinyl & timecode CDJ) DJ'S the problem's we are all having because u wright like this the vdj team thinks everythings is all right.there are to many of having the same problem .WE DO NOT want to go back to VDJ 7.it was not good for scratching & Sticker Drift beat juggling and if u think vdj 7 was good for that u are not a real turntableist.have u try other software serato traktor mixvibes .They are on point with timecode.Saw u are probably going to say go to those other software right i do use them to .But before vdj 8 came out vdj team was saying that vdj 8 for timecode was going to be rock solid so me believing it in the video the vdj team posted on youtube i bought it so that why i am upset i spend money on something that not what u expect .

Posted Mon 14 Jul 14 @ 2:51 am
We are upset and rightfully so, spent money on a software that we had faith in only to be deceived... version 7 was pretty poor at time codes also but you could get by without hiccups if you tried. Version 8 was meant to be the one that competed with the other DVS systems which are pretty on point in terms of time code, how can the team release a software that only functions using controllers. Foundation DJs like ourselves feel left out in the cold, fixing simple things such as translations when using TC results in the track you are playing skipping and jumping all over the place, or loading a deck while another track is playing results in on half the song being loaded. I regard these as HUGE bugs that should have been priority since day one. I am angry to the point of starting a campaign against Atomix, for Christ's sake give us something to beta test, it doesn't have to work right away but at least let us see that you are trying. I anxiously wait each week for an update and each week i'm disappointed. I won't hold my breath till next Sunday so it seems i'm going to be using Traktor for my next gig till they actually start caring about this issue. Rant over!

Posted Mon 14 Jul 14 @ 3:45 am
Dj Sky-Trendsetters wrote :
We are upset and rightfully so, spent money on a software that we had faith in only to be deceived... version 7 was pretty poor at time codes also but you could get by without hiccups if you tried. Version 8 was meant to be the one that competed with the other DVS systems which are pretty on point in terms of time code, how can the team release a software that only functions using controllers. Foundation DJs like ourselves feel left out in the cold, fixing simple things such as translations when using TC results in the track you are playing skipping and jumping all over the place, or loading a deck while another track is playing results in on half the song being loaded. I regard these as HUGE bugs that should have been priority since day one. I am angry to the point of starting a campaign against Atomix, for Christ's sake give us something to beta test, it doesn't have to work right away but at least let us see that you are trying. I anxiously wait each week for an update and each week i'm disappointed. I won't hold my breath till next Sunday so it seems i'm going to be using Traktor for my next gig till they actually start caring about this issue. Rant over!

AMEN.I'M WITH U ON THIS 1 TO.

Posted Mon 14 Jul 14 @ 4:03 am
they got the money only thing that concerning them is the bandwidth we are using complaining, surprised the thread hasnt been locked yet. Do any of you users use mixvibes, i had a copy but sold it cause i thought this would be the version,,but huh. My question is How did it handle on a gig basis, Im asking because when i do a function i use my controller and just recently bought a hybrid dj mixer and serviced my 12s so i have never gig with mixvibes because with controllers V7 was great. Did you haves success in the club environment with mixvibes.

Posted Mon 14 Jul 14 @ 9:20 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Djratedxxx919 wrote :
they got the money only thing that concerning them is the bandwidth we are using complaining, surprised the thread hasnt been locked yet

Why would we lock it - there's no issues with users complaining and making their feelings known.

Djratedxxx919 wrote :
Do any of you users use mixvibes, i had a copy but sold it cause i thought this would be the version,,but huh. My question is How did it handle on a gig basis, Im asking because when i do a function i use my controller and just recently bought a hybrid dj mixer and serviced my 12s so i have never gig with mixvibes because with controllers V7 was great. Did you haves success in the club environment with mixvibes.

Whilst we also have no issue with the discussion of other software, turning this thread in the bug report forum into a discussion about another software is not the place to do it. We have a general discussion forum for that kind of stuff.

Posted Mon 14 Jul 14 @ 9:54 am
okay...just seems the timecode users are all in here as few as we are, so i was just directing to them. Sorry if i was in the wrong place.

Posted Mon 14 Jul 14 @ 10:04 am
SBDJ wrote :

Why would we lock it - there's no issues with users complaining and making their feelings known.

Must be a new internal mandate... Because other staff is always on the defensive if there are posts about the buggy-ness of the software.

Posted Mon 14 Jul 14 @ 11:10 am
37%