Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Timecode users......... [SOLVED] - Page: 17

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Scripts operate in the region of mili seconds so no you don't really hear it.

Posted Thu 03 Jul 14 @ 5:09 pm

Posted Thu 03 Jul 14 @ 6:41 pm
angelt99 wrote :
I made a 2 video so they can see what the problem.

YOU CAN SEE it skips on me 2 time the sticker drift on me to while i scratch and bring it back to if people see this and they did not know it was a timecode issue with virtual dj 8 they will say look at that amateur.please can we fix this issue .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvQc9ogpfN4&feature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkdCZ1FmfYQ

If these videos don't help the team I don't know what will, I guess they also want to see the time code signal graph... I tried making a video but the problems didn't occur while I was doing it... The most annoying of all the problems is the jumping/skipping. This happens so randomly and as you said sometimes you get lucky others you don't

Posted Fri 04 Jul 14 @ 7:26 am
And I think you need to bare that in mind whilst waiting for a fix. Totally understand everyone's frustration.

No one is saying that the issues aren't important or won't be fixed but because some can't be reproduced 100% of the time it's hard to know if it's fixed or the bug isn't occuring.

As soon as an adequate solution is found I am certain it will be released for testing.

Posted Fri 04 Jul 14 @ 7:33 am
Well i'm using VDJ 8 tonight with time codes as version 7 now seems like an 8 bit video game to me... wish me luck!

Posted Fri 04 Jul 14 @ 9:18 am
Im packing up too got a block party today so lets see whats up, but im using my controller not taking any chances with timecodes...Peace #RockOut

Posted Fri 04 Jul 14 @ 9:38 am
OK guys don't know if you all can confirm this but the skipping seems to only happen on left deck?

Posted Fri 04 Jul 14 @ 6:21 pm
Dj Sky-Trendsetters wrote :
OK guys don't know if you all can confirm this but the skipping seems to only happen on left deck?

I take that back it happens on both decks like once every 5 to 10 tracks

Posted Fri 04 Jul 14 @ 8:36 pm
xgl_djPRO InfinityMember since 2004
The list of fixed bugs in the builds are getting shorter - so maybe they fix timecodes soon..

Posted Fri 04 Jul 14 @ 8:58 pm
hi, upgraded to version 8 when it was pre released and i still cant use timecoded vinyl. would really would like to use this latest software. the problem is the pitch fluctuating up and down. i am using serato cv02 timecoded vinyl. i have pefect detection and signal, the speed is up and down. i am using windows 8.1 64 bit operating system and 8gb ram. i am using hercules dj trim as my interface box, have no problems with timecodes when using version 7.4.1. could you please help with this problem. look forward to hearing from yourselves. kevindiskin2

Posted Mon 07 Jul 14 @ 1:32 pm
kevindiskin2 wrote :
hi, upgraded to version 8 when it was pre released and i still cant use timecoded vinyl. would really would like to use this latest software. the problem is the pitch fluctuating up and down. i am using serato cv02 timecoded vinyl. i have pefect detection and signal, the speed is up and down. i am using windows 8.1 64 bit operating system and 8gb ram. i am using hercules dj trim as my interface box, have no problems with timecodes when using version 7.4.1. could you please help with this problem. look forward to hearing from yourselves. kevindiskin2

Welcome to the club, you're not the only one facing problems, read through the entire thread, there are multiple problems with version 8 and time codes

Posted Mon 07 Jul 14 @ 2:36 pm
I posted a comment on the beta build forum for bugs about the timecode vinyl issues and bugs and it's like day do not want to hear it . They tell me it is being look at and there are more other issues they are trying to solve and when the testing start they will ask question.its crazy but I see someone post a bug 1 bug they fix it in this build-Fixed motorized platters behaving strange when platter was held still.but we post the bugs we are having and they just look pass it.can not make it out.

Posted Mon 07 Jul 14 @ 6:01 pm
visionz5 wrote :
Set up my TCV rig last night with it.

- Tech 1200's
- Serato CV2
- American Audio MXR-14

Everything is great. I was able to pull off a couple of juggle routines with zero sticker drift. Much much more tighter control and better sound all together. As someone who has used Serato for a lot of TCV usage, I can honestly say that V8 has surpassed the almighty SSL.

I read this post again cracked up..

Posted Tue 08 Jul 14 @ 2:39 am
Advokut wrote :
TBH, timecode Vinyl with serato´s is a total FAIL!

Is there even ANYONE who can get it to work like it should?

Everyone seems to suffer that the song skips and jumps around, the first few seconds of a song are unscratchable due to excessive stuttering and jumping around.

I´ve tried every combination possible, tried every pitchquality and also went from 1 up to 20 in the Settings. tried with and without overclocking and ultralatency, really, believe me, e-v-e-r-y combination.

One time a deck is faster than the other, other times Scratching sounds artificial, than it starts skipping randomly, one time it sounds okay for a while, than starts acting unexpectedly weird, in General it behaves totally unusefull and unreliable to be brutally honest.

And i DO love everything else, still so much new to wrap my head around.

But i am quite sure we can all agree that simply playing a song AS IF it would be controlled by the DVS,just like the real deal, is a Basic Feature and selling Point!

Please Atomix. Get someone from development here to get this HUGE Problem finally solved! Timecode Vinyl surely is important for you dev´s too. Atleast VDJ`s Reputation is important for y´all. So get your troublesolving hat on, and start pleasing ze scratch devil inside us all...

PLEAAAAAASE *prettyeyes :D

there Needs to be done some HUGE work on the timecode Vinyl department! This is not quite acceptable to be either overseen as a dramatically important issue, neither should we be waiting SEVERAL WEEKS/UPDATES to finally get this damn DVS functions working as supposed!

Re-posting - great commentary..

Posted Tue 08 Jul 14 @ 2:41 am
inDOKnito wrote :
OK... I am really sorry for nagging, but seeing that v.8 is released to public, i must say that VDJ 8 timecode is everything but release ready!

In principle VDJ 8 timecode works really tightly, yes - I love how responsive the new GUI is and I love the sound.
Also thank you for already fixing the auto-select, that's how I like it. But:
Am I alone in wanting the new tc to behave as I am used to from the former versions?

Since most of my input remains ignor... - unnoticed:
Dear Atomix employees, this is a list of remaining bugs/differences from former tc I noticed and I very, very kindly ask you to check thoroughly and answer to in detail:
1) The bug I posted in this thread Tue 20 May 14 @ 7:03 pm (track loaded weirdly)
2) When loading the first file, it mostly (not always!) starts somewhere in the track (probaply depending on the needle's position)
3) When loading the first track, it always has a wrong pitch
4) When turning tc off and on again, the track always skips
5) When turning tc off, then changing the needle position and turning tc on again, the track skips and/or the speed changes
6) When scratching, the track sometimes skips back and forth between 2-3 seemingly fixed positions
7) When the VDJ vinyl tc runs out, the track stops (according to dj-in-norway this should be fixed in the latest update - I have 8.0.1785 (judging from changelog.txt) which is currently the downloadable version, but maybe he was talking about the next one to come)

I'd love to be proven an idiot and learn that all my problems come from faulty settings, so - here is my tc window ;)

Also, please see my settings.xml at http://indoknito.de/settings.zip

Reminder part 2...

Posted Tue 08 Jul 14 @ 2:43 am
TC awareness ^^
Thank you xgl_dj for pushing this.

Posted Tue 08 Jul 14 @ 3:06 am
xgl_dj wrote :

I read this post again cracked up..

And you'll see that I made another post stating that things have gotten worst and I'm now having the same problems that others have posted. So I have to say now that V8 is horrible for TCV users compared to Serato and Traktor Scratch.

Posted Tue 08 Jul 14 @ 9:00 am

SBDJMember since 2006
angelt99 wrote :
I posted a comment on the beta build forum for bugs about the timecode vinyl issues and bugs and it's like day do not want to hear it

Actually you posted in the regression thread for regression bugs. Since you claim timecode has never been working in 8 that would not make it a regression bug - ie a bug that was only introduced in the latest build. The purpose of those threads is to highlight to the development team anything that has been broken by the new build before they are released as public builds.

It's not like there isn't a decent size thread in the bug report forum after all ;)

angelt99 wrote :
They tell me it is being look at and there are more other issues they are trying to solve and when the testing start they will ask question.its crazy but I see someone post a bug 1 bug they fix it in this build-Fixed motorized platters behaving strange when platter was held still.but we post the bugs we are having and they just look pass it.can not make it out.

Since you got a reply in that thread from the lead developer it should make you realise that they are aware of the issues, and that they will be addressing them. I know this isn't what you want to hear but the development team are working through bugs and issues and you'll just have to be patient.

Posted Tue 08 Jul 14 @ 9:02 am
SBDJ wrote :
angelt99 wrote :
I
[quote=angelt99]They tell me it is being look at and there are more other issues they are trying to solve and when the testing start they will ask question.its crazy but I see someone post a bug 1 bug they fix it in this build-Fixed motorized platters behaving strange when platter was held still.but we post the bugs we are having and they just look pass it.can not make it out.

Since you got a reply in that thread from the lead developer it should make you realise that they are aware of the issues, and that they will be addressing them. I know this isn't what you want to hear but the development team are working through bugs and issues and you'll just have to be patient.

I think the point, he was trying to emphasize is - timecode bugs have been reported before some of this issues and they and are getting attention/have gotten fixed.. but no fixes for timecodes.

Posted Tue 08 Jul 14 @ 9:45 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
xgl_dj wrote :
I think the point, he was trying to emphasize is - timecode bugs have been reported before some of this issues and they and are getting attention/have gotten fixed.. but no fixes for timecodes.

Fixes aren't made in the order they are reported though, development doesn't always work that way. The lead developer himself has said that timecode is on the list to get some TLC.

I understand your frustration more than you realise.

Posted Tue 08 Jul 14 @ 10:29 am
35%