Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Timecode users......... [SOLVED] - Page: 16

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

If your soundcard has an extra input run a cable from your record out on your mixer into that input.

Now hit "timecode bypass" and you should hear the tone.

Now setup your record loop back to pick up that extra input and start the turntable and hit record within VDJ. Record in a lossless format.

Posted Tue 01 Jul 14 @ 8:37 pm
xgl_djPRO InfinityMember since 2004
SBDJ wrote :
I agree that YouTube videos are useful - but the information I requested is also extremely useful to the developers. Like I say a recording of the timecode signal will enable the development team to replay exactly what you did. Couple that with the other debug information such as the videos it should greatly increase their ability to resolve any issues.

Please also bear in mind that 2 months is not a very long time and that there are lots of fixes being worked on for lots of things!

I mean couldn't someone internally see these issues before - it seems like this aspect of the software wasn't tested internally before it was released.

They really don't even need any further videos from us to reproduce the timecode issues - these issues are easily reproduced - we are not talking about some phantom bug here.

The company has money - if no one on the staff can get funky on the turntables - they could have hired someone to come in a test and give there honest opinion..
Or even get a serato sound card + vinyl, a tracktor sound card + vinyl and test the performance of these softwares against that of virtual dj.

Perfect Vinyl Emulation + Stability (no crashing) - would make for a sweet program.

Posted Tue 01 Jul 14 @ 11:37 pm
We should all make a video to show them the problem even even though I made 5 video all ready I going to make another 1 this week .can so body come up with something to grab there attention we should all get together and do something. What I do not know because the forum speaks for its self.but they are not getting are attention yet or they just don't care about time code .and if that the case take it out the software. And put control only software and we timecode user know not to mess with virtual Dj 8 and we will go to a software that masters in timecode like serato and tracktor .somehow they got the idea timecode is not a big deal when they don't realize there are a lot of time code users.it might not show in the forumbecause people are not signed up for the website but I know a lot of time code users that use virtual Dj.and if the development team let's dis go they are going to lose business everybody's going to switch not with just timecode with the whole software .but let take a stand and if somebody can come up with something to grab there attention I am in or if I think of something I will post it.

Posted Wed 02 Jul 14 @ 12:33 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
beatbreaker1 wrote :
If your soundcard has an extra input run a cable from your record out on your mixer into that input.

Now hit "timecode bypass" and you should hear the tone.

Now setup your record loop back to pick up that extra input and start the turntable and hit record within VDJ. Record in a lossless format.

You don't need to have an additional cable or input.
I've recorded the tc signal before, but can't get the config right out of memory.

Was something like, set up an additional LineIn in Config with your built in soundcards input chanel, record as .FLAC and press the now visible AUX button on the skin.

Posted Wed 02 Jul 14 @ 3:40 am
The problem is, V7 had a lot of options to troubleshoot the timecodes, with version 8 it's a case of take what you get... In Traktor and Serato it allows you to calibrate the signal, is VDJ8 even doing this behind the scenes?

Main problems:
Sticker Drift
Track skips and jumps from beginning of song to end of song without touching anything
Some users have reported crashing while using time codes but luckily I haven't

If anyone has any more problems please list them. Also how does the lead time work? does a higher number mean more lead time?

Posted Wed 02 Jul 14 @ 4:09 am
Dj Sky-Trendsetters wrote :
The problem is, V7 had a lot of options to troubleshoot the timecodes, with version 8 it's a case of take what you get... In Traktor and Serato it allows you to calibrate the signal, is VDJ8 even doing this behind the scenes?

Main problems:
Sticker Drift
Track skips and jumps from beginning of song to end of song without touching anything

If anyone has any more problems please list them. Also how does the lead time work? does a higher number mean more lead time?

Its crazy everything u mention for timecode mixvibes has all that i was just looking in to it. if vdj can not get it right i am going to try mixvibes . until i get my money right to get serato rane mixer.But look at the video.Sticker Drift is good Track skips and jumps is good.the only thing i do not like is the skin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OK4_Q4myB_M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzXq9T1vSrE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBxzBKqOGdY

and now it supports all controller and soundcard and mixer with build in soundcard to for dvs and u can import your music file from virtual dj to so u wont loss them

Posted Wed 02 Jul 14 @ 5:12 am
angelt99 wrote :

Main problems:
Sticker Drift

Its crazy everything u mention for timecode mixvibes has all that i was just looking in to it. if vdj can not get it right i am going to try mixvibes . until i get my money right to get serato rane mixer.But look at the video.Sticker Drift is good Track skips and jumps is good.the only thing i do not like is the skin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OK4_Q4myB_M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzXq9T1vSrE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBxzBKqOGdY

and now it supports all controller and soundcard and mixer with build in soundcard to for dvs and u can import your music file from virtual dj to so u wont loss them

Just checking out that mixvibes now and wow it's responsive... I really don't like the skin though but i'm keeping an eye on the next 2 updates of VDJ before I make a switch... if I can get all my playlist from VDJ into mixvibes that would be awesome, extra awesome if I don't have to re analyze the library but I doubt it

Posted Wed 02 Jul 14 @ 5:33 am
Im Using mixvibes myself, need more timecodes they warped on me, i left them in car. But for timecode Mixvibes is ultra tight. But not as good with effects, the waveform scroll is kinda jittery. The library takes a little getting used to, The waveform and Beatgrid are standard. ( well except VDJ) Thats what i always wondered why VDJ made editing the beatgrid so hard. One thing about the effects are they are post fader. How Atomix could have changed the game was have certain native effects post fader and things like flipping doubles pre fader. Video is also free. Dont know about the updates or cost but that might not matter because its stable and basic. Mapping can be a major pain, especially remapping L.E.D.s. But as i compare timecodes serato beening the bar, Mixvibes stands right next to it.

Posted Wed 02 Jul 14 @ 3:16 pm
angelt99 wrote :
f vdj can not get it right i am going to try mixvibes . until i get my money right to get serato rane mixer.

It is easier\cheaper to get the sl2 or sl3 - I was trying to cop one on ebay tonight but was outbided.

To me mixvibes is a downgrade from virtual dj. I say go big or go home :) Serato or Traktor scratch is the way to go if you want step it up.

But I just downloaded the Cross demo to see how the timecode fairs against vdj - but I won't purchase it.

Posted Wed 02 Jul 14 @ 11:42 pm
xgl_dj wrote :
[quote=angelt99]f vdj can not get it right i am going to try mixvibes . until i get my money right to get serato rane mixer.

It is easier\cheaper to get the sl2 or sl3 - I was trying to cop one on ebay tonight but was outbided.

To me mixvibes is a downgrade from virtual dj. I say go big or go home :) Serato or Traktor scratch is the way to go if you want step it up.

But I just downloaded the Cross demo to see how the timecode fairs against vdj - but I won't purchase it.

yeah u are right i downloaded the mixvibes demo today to i do not real like it i was looking at the youtube video and it look promising till i downloaded and started to play with it. So i am going to get ether serato or traktor soundcard.

And it crazy that we have to right about talk about getting another software when we have 1 right here .But ATOMIX pro /vdj do not want to get it right with timecode so what can
we do other then to switch but me to i am going to give it 2 more updates 2 to see .Finger are cross

Posted Thu 03 Jul 14 @ 1:46 am
You might as well stick around because you put the most effort into the thread - making videos and stuff - it would be nice to see your efforts pay off..right?

I am starting to think the timecodes may not be an easy fix because they know these issues exist - the thread is in their face every week.

Posted Thu 03 Jul 14 @ 3:09 am
Yesterday while using timecodes again, the track I was playing jumped from 45 seconds in to 3:30... completely messed up my mix and made me look like an amateur

Posted Thu 03 Jul 14 @ 5:11 am
angelt99 wrote :
xgl_dj wrote :
[quote=angelt99]f vdj can not get it right i am going to try mixvibes . until i get my money right to get serato rane mixer.

yeah u are right i downloaded the mixvibes demo today to i do not real like it i was looking at the youtube video and it look promising till i downloaded and started to play with it. So i am going to get ether serato or traktor soundcard.

And it crazy that we have to right about talk about getting another software when we have 1 right here .But ATOMIX pro /vdj do not want to get it right with timecode so what can
we do other then to switch but me to i am going to give it 2 more updates 2 to see .Finger are cross

Thats the same reason i Bought mixvibes, and was so disappointed, but after frustration with VDj i dived into Mixvibes took the long process of setting it up properly and my outlook changed. What I noticed is everything i wish VDJ got right was perfect in Mixvibes, but i did miss the effects and customization of VDJ. I missed my transition effects. I missed the easy mapping. I was ok with the skin because the beatgrid editing was embedded. But for that precise timecode Ill do my transitions the old way. If i come up on a crazy deal on a sl2 but i wont do traktor because mixvibes is actually the same both with a 2Khz timecode. Which has proved to have a better response than serato(theres video to prove it). And i do agree why are talking other software after this big update, that seems to be a draw back. I dont take my 1200s out anymore so practicing with mixvibes at home is okay, I take my vci400 to gigs so VDJ will still be used for that, but battles and show off moments will be Mixvibes, I can flip my own doubles, the post fader delay and echo in Mixvibes gives me my loopout transition. So until i can get thru a set with out the track jumping time, Tap beat registering when i tap it, Ill be doing mixvibes at home.

Posted Thu 03 Jul 14 @ 6:49 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
XXX rated you didn't reply if my beat tap script worked or failed, did you even try it?

Posted Thu 03 Jul 14 @ 7:20 am
PAUSE!!!

locodog that is mad corny.. did you really just stalk homeboy across threads - just so you can pat yourself on the back if a script works..

this a timecode thread partner..

Posted Thu 03 Jul 14 @ 12:04 pm
Yesterday while using timecodes again, the track I was playing jumped from 45 seconds in to 3:30... completely messed up my mix and made me look like an amateur

I think the track jumping may have something dirty needles or dirty on the vinyl - just a theory.

In this video the track is reversing on its own without me touching the platter - you can't really see properly because its dark - I will redo it in the daytime when I get a chance.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/d37ipznl3y8nwaa/actingup1.mp4

And since there is no setting to tweaks sometime the track reverses by itself:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8heis40poi7w9ue/reversebySelf.mp4

I will make better vids in the daytime when I get a chance.

Posted Thu 03 Jul 14 @ 12:21 pm
Hey I said I wasn't sure if it would work, and you haven't said it doesn't, if it doesn't you could go a step further, turn time code off beat tap turn time code on

Posted Thu 03 Jul 14 @ 12:24 pm

Posted Thu 03 Jul 14 @ 12:35 pm
I think I've figured it out but if he won't be good enough to reply I'll leave him bleating

Posted Thu 03 Jul 14 @ 1:02 pm
I have a job homie....and what is bleating? But if the track is playing and i have something with pause in it wont that throw the mix off. Why cant it just work like every other beat tap function in everyother software. i get threw it cause its only for my loopout transition and the echo out effect...And i want everything in Phase..if i glance at the screen i want it to reflect what i hear in phase.

Posted Thu 03 Jul 14 @ 4:31 pm
33%