Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Timecode users......... [SOLVED] - Page: 13

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

SBDJMember since 2006
angelt99 wrote :
Sorry for being inpatient.but it is all most a week already.no update on any fixes this is what you guys (VIRTUAL DJ TEAM) put up so i expecting more update daily?

As I said previously, the development team are aware of the issues and will be working on them. Please be patient.

Posted Fri 13 Jun 14 @ 11:44 am
I'll be patient, I waited 3 years so i'll wait another month... i'll use Traktor till a fix is announced...

Posted Fri 13 Jun 14 @ 12:13 pm
Got another response from support team through ticket system and this was their response, might useful to you guys but it was useless to me....

Hi,

Sorry about this delayed answer. Try to use the RMX2 as your sound card in 48 KHz and 24 bits test it, and then in 96KHz and 24 bits and tell me if is exactly the same or it works better or worst. I think is only visual the problem with this issue, the problems were on version 8 build 1814, does it work better in 1828 or 1834?

I am waiting the Dev Team to give me more feedback about this issues you show. TY for your cooperation.

Kind Regards,

Acw
VirtualDJ Support Team

Posted Sat 14 Jun 14 @ 2:17 pm
xgl_djPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Posted Sat 14 Jun 14 @ 9:51 pm
xgl_dj wrote :
Dj Sky-Trendsetters wrote :
I'll be patient, I waited 3 years so i'll wait another month... i'll use Traktor till a fix is announced...

A month may be a bit ambitious.. I say December for a fully stable version..

Sticker drift is terrible in vdj 8 :
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/35463930/vdj%208%20stickerdrift.mp4

Damn that's bad, really bad... hope the devs see this

Posted Sat 14 Jun 14 @ 10:20 pm
I am wondering what sound card and what Mac/PC configuration the team used to test timecodes before they released this.

Posted Sat 14 Jun 14 @ 11:52 pm

Sticker drift is terrible in vdj 8 :
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/35463930/vdj%208%20stickerdrift.mp4[/quote]

i have the same problem.it did this to in VDJ 7 so u figure they will fix this problem in vdj 8 i am starting to think the dev team do not know what they are doing with the software it like a few guys are just experimenting .it not professional. 3 year in the making what have they been doing .every software has there bugs but not this much bugs come on.3 years and they already have virtual dj 7 so u figure they will learn from that 1 and get most of vdj 8 right.nothing personal but i spend money on this software and a lot of people on the forum did to.it like when u buy a car take it home and something go wrong and u go get it fix and take it home again and the same problem is with the car.like the mechanic does not know what he is doing.
if they are developing a dj software and there are competition like serato and traktor out there wouldn't you like to meet up with their expectation of the dj software .it like APPLE AND MICROSOFT in competition for years .but they have there bugs to but its a working software both of them.just very disappointed and the team has a post up this

WHY SHOULD I USE VIRTUALDJ
INSTEAD OF SERATO OR TRAKTOR?
Each software has a different history and philosophy:
VirtualDJ started as a software for mobile DJs and beginner DJs. Our philosophy has always been to use cutting-edge technology to build tools that make DJing more accessible and help existing DJs mix better.

Traktor started in a company that specializes in making software for musicians, and their philosophy is to try to merge the world of DJs and the world of musicians and producers. Serato started as a timecode-only software used by turntablists who wanted to do the same tricks they were doing on vinyl, and their main philosophy is to make a tool where one will use and need all the skills one learnt on traditional turntables or CDs.

At VirtualDJ, we believe that nobody cares if you know how to beatmatch tracks in 1 second or 1 minute, that is not what makes you a better DJ. Your audience will never notice anyway. But what you play and how you play it, is what is important. Based on that, we don't mind relegating the technical side of the mix to the machine, and help you focus on the creative and artistic side of your skills.
Our goal is to help you mix better, not to preserve the legacy of the DJing culture at all costs, so we are not afraid to break the rules and do things differently, if we feel it would improve your performance in the long run.
And history have shown again and again that every change we implemented, no matter how frowned upon by the DJ establishment at the beginning, always ended up becoming the norm a few years later.

* image credit: DJ Ravi using VirtualDJ in Britney Spears' music video "till the world ends"
Of course, you will always find some DJs who spent years of hard work to learn how to do all this without a computer, and who will tell you that you should use the same software they do, because they want you to go through all the pain and suffering they went through. They are afraid of how fast you would start mixing better than them if you use VirtualDJ.
This is why millions of regular every-day DJs are using VirtualDJ, while some high-profile DJs are still using Serato: the more rich and famous you became by mastering DJing "the old way", the harder it is to take the risk to try new tools and see if you can still improve your act.

But the numbers speak for themselves:
VirtualDJ has been downloaded more than 150,000,000 times*, making it by far the most used DJ software on the planet (for comparison, Serato recently announced they reached 7 million downloads).
It has been nominated best DJ software numerous times, in many prestigious competitions like the Miami Winter Music Conference Awards.
It has been endorsed by many famous DJs, from Carl Cox to Tiesto.
And more than half a million* new DJs convert to VirtualDJ every single month.
Surely there must be a reason...
*source: download.com and softonic.com

to me if i was making the software and it was not right yet i would of waited till i got it right to post that on the site.

u look at serato dj almost every professional dj is using it what professional dj u know is using vdj and if u see on the post VIP DJ and u look them up on youtube they are using serato now so you figure if u are the 1 making the software i will say to my self i am going to get this one right.like traktor trying to get ahead of serato and they are doing pretty good so far.but like i said not personal just disappointed because i spend money on this software .it like a business right you guys will not give us the professional version of vdj for free unless u get your $300 dollar .so we buy it and it not what we expect .

Posted Mon 16 Jun 14 @ 1:22 am
The frustration level is getting high in here and I too feel as if I have wasted my money. My patience is running thin!.... this is the largest thread in the VDJ8 forums yet this issue is moving at snails pace in terms of resolution

Posted Mon 16 Jun 14 @ 8:31 am
ok got the new beta build 1845 and still no fixes for timecode now everytime when i scratch in the beginning of the song it skips every track this is getting very upsetting for me now.

the dev team put 1 fix for timecode is this

Fix pitch problem with timecode during lead-in Time

still doing the same thing.can some 1 try it to see if this fix works with serato vinyl because for me it not working it might work with virtual dj vinyl i guess because its not working for me with serato vinyl.and i even reset vdj 8 to if it will work nothing.

Posted Tue 17 Jun 14 @ 10:33 am
Bump.... this should remain on first page even made a sticky as more time code users are finding these problems daily

Posted Wed 18 Jun 14 @ 8:24 am
OK FOUND ANOTHER ISSUE HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM LIKE XGI DJ i made a video to explain

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bScxe8E1slU

hope some day i can make a video 1 day on just having fun with virtual dj 8 .but if these issues have not been sorted out i will have to change my dj software soon.

Posted Wed 18 Jun 14 @ 3:28 pm
Ok great - so its not just me the sticker drift is happening with...

BTW - I see no need for apologizing - this portion of the software is not working as it should - plain and simple..

The sticker drift is does not only apply when doing tricks though- it applies is basic mixing too..

Most Djs who use TT for a while have a mental cue or muscle memory - that they can cue up a record on the headphone - and let in play let it play for a for 1, 2, 3 or more revolutions then rewind/back spin the same amount of revolutions and drop the track right on beat - without having to re-cue that track in the headphones or looking at the screen.

With the sticker drift trying to rewind and dropping on beat(without headphones) will just cause a train wreck..

Posted Thu 19 Jun 14 @ 12:43 am
Yo Angeltt99 & XGL, I always (even in 7.4) had a problem with sticker drifting at the top of a song. I realized that if I didn't stop my back cue before the start of the file the sticker would move. Is that what is happening to you guys? Does it do it in the middle of the song too? I hate saying this, but the other DVS software which shall not be named allows you to go back past the actual start of the file (into negative time), so your points don't move. If this problem is due to something like that, maybe they can add the ability to spin back into negative territory. I haven't had a chance to test v8 at all, as most of "non gig" gear is packed away, but I have been keeping close watch to the forum. I will try to plug up this weekend and give it a go.

Posted Thu 19 Jun 14 @ 8:51 am
godj30349 wrote :
Yo Angeltt99 & XGL, I always (even in 7.4) had a problem with sticker drifting at the top of a song. I realized that if I didn't stop my back cue before the start of the file the sticker would move. Is that what is happening to you guys? Does it do it in the middle of the song too? I hate saying this, but the other DVS software which shall not be named allows you to go back past the actual start of the file (into negative time), so your points don't move. If this problem is due to something like that, maybe they can add the ability to spin back into negative territory. I haven't had a chance to test v8 at all, as most of "non gig" gear is packed away, but I have been keeping close watch to the forum. I will try to plug up this weekend and give it a go.

YES in the middle to timecode is not good for virtual dj 8 its very upsetting u can not scratch with out it skipping on u and when u scratch in a track it skips and u go off beat very embarrassing i dj on vdj radio today and it make me sound like and amateur and i been dj'ing since 1988 very upset right now with virtual dj 8 for timecode it sucks .i made up my mine going to switch to traktor kontrol z2 .and u ask for help and nobody help u at all they tell u is they are working on other problem and time code is being look at and they been updating virtual dj 8 and nothing for timecode .very very upset right now don't waste your time because it get very frustrating with timecode.

Posted Thu 19 Jun 14 @ 6:02 pm
AdvokutPRO InfinityMember since 2010
I had to give up on testdriving VDJ8 for now, because of the unstable dvs, untill it can be trusted to be a reliable engine

Feels heartbreaking to admit, but i too feel the general vibe that for one, there dont seem to be more than a handfull of scratch dj's in development ( i dont mean simple babyscratches, i'm talking about OUR passion.) On the same hand, timecode dvs is too far down on the priority list, so it seems to me.

Guess we'll see plenty of other also highly important bugfixes, that cover a wider area of users, before it gets to the juicy part here.

Hope i am wrong in fearing this, but i am trusting that, giving plenty of more time to get a representable release version, this core feature will be tight and on point reliably..

(or is v8 allready fully public with these major faults for dvs users?... i shudder imaging someone with skills on the decks trying the dvs capability with the same result that all of us in this thread suffer under)

i'm sure v8 will get where it should be, but cmon, to be honest...trying to use VDJ8 for something it should clearly be made in mind of, is totally no fun. You know?

I'll gladly return to v8 once theres undeniable proof that all those massive bugs have been solved.

i still can not wrap my head around just what setups been used to provide the feedback that got the dev's to basically bail on a very primary level as a DJ-software solution thats supposed and advertised to outshine the competition just like v7, v6 and so on did. Sorry for that, i still love VDJ, just not v8 so much for now :(

I'll still keep running v7 which works 110% stable with dvs without random skips, misbehavior, sticker drift, drastic pitch changes, filter folder errors, broken native midi controller definitions, skinFPS eating up cpu and so much else that v8 introduced me too. This is just no fun, and it used to be the best part of my day to spin away on VDJ.. luckily v7 is my fix for my scratch. But i'm sure y'all get where i'm coming from

ps, totally huge thx and respect for everyone from atomix, be it staff or mods, for sticking here with us and letting us know how things are going. please never stop helping and informing us.

peace and one love,

A.

Posted Thu 19 Jun 14 @ 7:40 pm
this is all too discouraging.that why I havent even bothered....until it is working...Amen

Posted Thu 19 Jun 14 @ 8:35 pm
Surely they must realize that this is not a good look for the software, if I could get a refund I would... never thought I would say that about VDJ, I understand it's a new software wit new code but the gap between development and user is too wide, no transparency!

Posted Fri 20 Jun 14 @ 5:47 am
Ran VDJ8 using serato time codes on CDJ 2000 for a 5 hour set and I must say it's not that bad. Using it without scratching and just cues yields some good results and rock solid but the moment you start doing tricks and so forth some tracks starts to jump. I notice the pitch change problem has been solved so it just needs a bit more calibration for turntable users. CPU usage remained very low on PC so that's good news also.

Posted Fri 20 Jun 14 @ 10:54 pm
I think someone mentioned it works good on cd players before in the thread. I don't think anything was fixed per say - it just works better on cd players than TT's. I gave away my cd players so I can't test on that platform..

Posted Fri 20 Jun 14 @ 11:19 pm
Yup it's night n day with timecodes and cdj's. I'd much rather use 1200's but I'll use either my Quad or Denon 5500's with timecodes.

They are so close yet still so far away!! I'll keep the faith but I agree we need more calibration options on the vinyl side.

Posted Fri 20 Jun 14 @ 11:40 pm
27%