Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Timecode users......... [SOLVED] - Page: 12

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Dj Chachi wrote :
My Time Code Vinyl First impression:

Time Code Vinyl still a little buggy and delicate to use for certain applications (turntablism) but hey.. this is a Pre Release and it's looking good. I think VDJ Team is going in the right direction.

Great job.

Link: http://youtu.be/uVcWmumAP3Q

i look at your video good job look at page 9 i posted some video and u see the problem i am having i also going back and forward but in the beginning of the tracks its skips on me does that happen to u 2. my sound card is the hercules rmx 2 i see u are using the serato sound card .i am also using serato vinyl . if u don't mind can u post a pic of the setting u are using so i can see here is mind.

Posted Mon 09 Jun 14 @ 6:44 pm
This is for Dj Sky-Trendsetters How can I join the beta team?[/quote]

go into your account

Posted Mon 09 Jun 14 @ 7:06 pm
Angel99, this next weekend when I get to my little studio I'll post my setting and PC specs. I live far from my dj studio. But I'll tell you this: I didnt do much tweaking except for the pitch settings I read somewhere on the forum.

No I dont have the problem that you mention earlier, but it does skips when scratching even in relative mode. For plain old mixing, blending and some scratching if you are light handed, it works pretty nice. I feel the Team is working hard one this one and I have faith they are going to fix the time code issues once and for all.

Added: I just saw your video, yes I get that little skip at the beginning of the song from time to time. Also scratching has a weird pitch sound, reaction also is a little slow thats why I was doing my best to be very delicate on the chasing pattern for it to sound decent enough, is just a small lag I dont get on the other digital system I use.

It all get fix in time, you'll see

Posted Mon 09 Jun 14 @ 7:46 pm
Dj Chachi wrote :
Angel99, this next weekend when I get to my little studio I'll post my setting and PC specs. I live far from my dj studio. But I'll tell you this: I didnt do much tweaking except for the pitch settings I read somewhere on the forum.

No I dont have the problem that you mention earlier, but it does skips when scratching even in relative mode. For plain old mixing, blending and some scratching if you are light handed, it works pretty nice. I feel the Team is working hard one this one and I have faith they are going to fix the time code issues once and for all.

Added: I just saw your video, yes I get that little skip at the beginning of the song from time to time. Also scratching has a weird pitch sound, reaction also is a little slow thats why I was doing my best to be very delicate on the chasing pattern for it to sound decent enough, is just a small lag I dont get on the other digital system I use.

ok kool so i am not the only 1 thanks

Posted Mon 09 Jun 14 @ 8:43 pm
In relative mode using both virtual vinyl and serato control cd/vinyl the track repeats when it reaches the end. Bug report??

Posted Tue 10 Jun 14 @ 3:29 am
angelt99 wrote :
Dj Chachi wrote :

ok kool so i am not the only 1 thanks

I'm getting the strange pitch noises and response delay but also the track will jump to a random spot at random times. it seems to happen more during scratching or looping but those actions aren't required to see the bug. It almost behaves like its switching between relative and absolute but its set to "smart" mode. when im beatmatching and i try to speed up or slow down the platter either manually or with the pitch slider, the wave forms show the track jumping around. it may be from having smartscratch or beat lock on but vdj7 never did that with those on.

Posted Tue 10 Jun 14 @ 3:53 pm
AdvokutPRO InfinityMember since 2010
TBH, timecode Vinyl with serato´s is a total FAIL!

Is there even ANYONE who can get it to work like it should?

Everyone seems to suffer that the song skips and jumps around, the first few seconds of a song are unscratchable due to excessive stuttering and jumping around.

I´ve tried every combination possible, tried every pitchquality and also went from 1 up to 20 in the Settings. tried with and without overclocking and ultralatency, really, believe me, e-v-e-r-y combination.

One time a deck is faster than the other, other times Scratching sounds artificial, than it starts skipping randomly, one time it sounds okay for a while, than starts acting unexpectedly weird, in General it behaves totally unusefull and unreliable to be brutally honest.

And i DO love everything else, still so much new to wrap my head around.

But i am quite sure we can all agree that simply playing a song AS IF it would be controlled by the DVS,just like the real deal, is a Basic Feature and selling Point!

Please Atomix. Get someone from development here to get this HUGE Problem finally solved! Timecode Vinyl surely is important for you dev´s too. Atleast VDJ`s Reputation is important for y´all. So get your troublesolving hat on, and start pleasing ze scratch devil inside us all...

PLEAAAAAASE *prettyeyes :D

there Needs to be done some HUGE work on the timecode Vinyl department! This is not quite acceptable to be either overseen as a dramatically important issue, neither should we be waiting SEVERAL WEEKS/UPDATES to finally get this damn DVS functions working as supposed!

Posted Tue 10 Jun 14 @ 7:40 pm
Advokut wrote :
TBH, timecode Vinyl with serato´s is a total FAIL!

Is there even ANYONE who can get it to work like it should?

Everyone seems to suffer that the song skips and jumps around, the first few seconds of a song are unscratchable due to excessive stuttering and jumping around.

I´ve tried every combination possible, tried every pitchquality and also went from 1 up to 20 in the Settings. tried with and without overclocking and ultralatency, really, believe me, e-v-e-r-y combination.

One time a deck is faster than the other, other times Scratching sounds artificial, than it starts skipping randomly, one time it sounds okay for a while, than starts acting unexpectedly weird, in General it behaves totally unusefull and unreliable to be brutally honest.

And i DO love everything else, still so much new to wrap my head around.

But i am quite sure we can all agree that simply playing a song AS IF it would be controlled by the DVS,just like the real deal, is a Basic Feature and selling Point!

Please Atomix. Get someone from development here to get this HUGE Problem finally solved! Timecode Vinyl surely is important for you dev´s too. Atleast VDJ`s Reputation is important for y´all. So get your troublesolving hat on, and start pleasing ze scratch devil inside us all...

PLEAAAAAASE *prettyeyes :D

there Needs to be done some HUGE work on the timecode Vinyl department! This is not quite acceptable to be either overseen as a dramatically important issue, neither should we be waiting SEVERAL WEEKS/UPDATES to finally get this damn DVS functions working as supposed!

I agreed most definitely TIMECODE is a big topic you look at the forum its the biggest topic on here and still no fixes for timecode yet. it part of the software so i do not no why they are looking pass it and if they are not give us some answer Please let us know what going on with the timecode issue.beside saying they are working hard on other issue and timecode will be look at .but tell us when all us dj have a lot of gigs todo and we want to represent it with vdj 8 .

Posted Tue 10 Jun 14 @ 9:15 pm
BUMP this untill we´ll get atleast someone in the know in here, at least let us know whats up after all please

Posted Wed 11 Jun 14 @ 2:59 am
I am ready to start a movement up in here for all fellow time code users... let's take a stand lol... no for real though we need some reassuring update from someone in the know. We should be up there in the list of priorities

Posted Wed 11 Jun 14 @ 5:44 am
Nobody is overlooking the issue. As soon as there is a fix it will be released.

In the mean time you always have version 7 to fall back onto.

Posted Wed 11 Jun 14 @ 7:35 am
so... now we got support staff up in here... is there something you can let us know? Maybe whats the issue, if our problems are beeing worked on heavily like deserved?

See, whoever programmed the new engine did a outstanding job, let me try to use a analogy please: If the engine would be a schoolwork, it would be a B Grade as of now. Surely the dev´s are eager enough to get the few little kinks ironed out, to turn the B into a solid and dominant A+! You got the chance to not only make a great engine, but to finally get it just absolutely right... i hope i got your heat in heart flaming brighter, please, dont take any of our bitterness and sadness get your motivation.. we´re just the poor kids that have to wait alittle bit longer than xmas-eve to get our perfect present !

I think i can state for everyone in here, please let us get involved into the dvs development a bit more than before, please try to consider changes to fullfill our needs... and you can be sure, we´ll proudly rock out DVS, turntablism, scratching and all those bells and whistles, loving to use what y´all love to create. So why not get alittle little bit towards us with open arms, and most importantly open ears. Thanks for taking your time to reply and keeping us in the loop. All the best, A.

Posted Wed 11 Jun 14 @ 9:26 am

SBDJMember since 2006
Unfortunately we are unable to divulge what the development team is working on and when fixes will be available. I appreciate this is not what you want to hear and for that I apologise.

Rest assured they are aware of the timecode issues however!

Posted Wed 11 Jun 14 @ 10:32 am
Sorry for being inpatient.but it is all most a week already.no update on any fixes this is what you guys (VIRTUAL DJ TEAM) put up so i expecting more update daily?

QUOTE: THIS WHAT THE FORUM SAYS IN THE BEGINNING OF THE FORUM PAGE

we fix and update VirtualDJ 8 daily, so most of the bugs in this forum are probably already obsolete and fixed by the time you read this)

Posted Fri 13 Jun 14 @ 10:47 am
better a good fix then a quick one ;)

Posted Fri 13 Jun 14 @ 11:09 am
dasouth2004 wrote :
better a good fix then a quick one ;)

YEAH WE WILL SEE

Posted Fri 13 Jun 14 @ 11:19 am
nop, we will hear :P

Posted Fri 13 Jun 14 @ 11:26 am
dasouth2004 wrote :
nop, we will hear :P

lol yes u are right

Posted Fri 13 Jun 14 @ 11:27 am
I've given up, I mean dam how can a FREE program like MIXXX have a better timecode engine after all this time!?!?

More then frustrated right now.........

Posted Fri 13 Jun 14 @ 11:28 am
beatbreaker1 wrote :
I've given up, I mean dam how can a FREE program like MIXXX have a better timecode engine after all this time!?!?

More then frustrated right now.........

i AGREED i try mixx and it has better timecode then VDJ 8 i'm about to give up and go to serato or traktor.i saw this nice mixer for tracktor .
KONTROL Z2.

Posted Fri 13 Jun 14 @ 11:35 am
25%