Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Timecode users......... [SOLVED] - Page: 14

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

On vinyl and CDs the same algorithm is used the only difference is how it detects a needle drop. In theory if it works on CD players it should work on turntables. I face the same issues turntable users face whenever I switch the pioneers to vinyl mode. It still suffers from sticker drift, wave form changing and ultimately causing the track to jump and skip. I believe the software will get there eventually, I know it's been a month but in the development world a month isn't really that long to rectify problems in a basically new software. To give you an idea, last night VDJ 8 impressed the other DJs who were using Traktor and Serato and they had problems of their own, they were blown away by the crisp sounding audio and the skin I was using.

Posted Sat 21 Jun 14 @ 6:19 am
bump

Posted Mon 23 Jun 14 @ 8:35 am
Dj Sky-Trendsetters wrote :
Bump.... this should remain on first page even made a sticky as more time code users are finding these problems daily

I agree... I believe they will work it out for us now. I feel good knowing that I have not been the only one experiencing this. I've been a pro user since version 4.3 and have always dealt with this issue.

-- DJ Creativity

Posted Tue 24 Jun 14 @ 11:22 am
AdvokutPRO InfinityMember since 2010
I believe the software will get there eventually, I know it's been a month but in the development world a month isn't really that long to rectify problems in a basically new software.

Excuse me, but i have been lead to believe that V8 was developed from the ground up with Turntable Users in mind?

From the get go its been said that timecode in v8 would be so much better, and thats clearly not the case. Its been in developement for such a long time even before hitting the public beta phase. Clearly either there went something terribly wrong at some point while bug fixing, or the CORE FUNCTIONALITY of turntable DVS has been broken eversince and should have never been released AS IS.

I understand that the userbase uses quite some diverse setups, but i have the impression that it doesnt matter which soundcard or vinyl, it just doesnt work as supposed.

Still hoping they´ll figure out whats wrong soon, in the meantime i´ll for one gonna try to get my midi controllers working at least. I really hope that this wont be as disappointing as trying to set up timecode vinyl

for how long is the timecode engine in developement again? 3 years? more? just askin`

peace, A.

Posted Tue 24 Jun 14 @ 9:24 pm
Advokut wrote :
I believe the software will get there eventually, I know it's been a month but in the development world a month isn't really that long to rectify problems in a basically new software.

Excuse me, but i have been lead to believe that V8 was developed from the ground up with Turntable Users in mind?

From the get go its been said that timecode in v8 would be so much better, and thats clearly not the case. Its been in developement for such a long time even before hitting the public beta phase. Clearly either there went something terribly wrong at some point while bug fixing, or the CORE FUNCTIONALITY of turntable DVS has been broken eversince and should have never been released AS IS.

I understand that the userbase uses quite some diverse setups, but i have the impression that it doesnt matter which soundcard or vinyl, it just doesnt work as supposed.

Still hoping they´ll figure out whats wrong soon, in the meantime i´ll for one gonna try to get my midi controllers working at least. I really hope that this wont be as disappointing as trying to set up timecode vinyl

for how long is the timecode engine in developement again? 3 years? more? just askin`

peace, A.

all i have to say that i agree with u 100% i hope they fix timecode soon. They must feel it not a problem i guest because there are no fixes yet they must not be reading the timecode forum .Sorry let me correct that they put 1 fix in this 1855 beta build Fix timecode not stopping playback when moving needle past end of song and i try it it works.And if the team think that's the only problem we are screwed .all they have to do is adjust it so timecode works better or if they don't wont to do that just somebody make tool and upload it for timecode and that it works good .i wish i new how to mess with that i would of made a tool for timecode. But hope they get it right in the next update finger are cross.

Posted Wed 25 Jun 14 @ 1:25 am
THIS is a team getting software ready for timecode i do not see virtual dj team making a video like this on how they develop virtual dj 8 .so i just wounder ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pm8OwXefnNw

This what we need for timecode maintain stability for it and the whole software to.

Posted Wed 25 Jun 14 @ 1:53 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
I counted at least 6 different people developing at serato.
Now guess how many there are at Atomix...

Posted Wed 25 Jun 14 @ 2:18 am
PachN wrote :

how many and where and are they professional DJ ? can u name them and it seem to me know body for timecode vinyl just controller

Posted Wed 25 Jun 14 @ 2:21 am

Posted Wed 25 Jun 14 @ 2:29 am
PachN wrote :

And if there are a lot so why so many problem with the software the forum speaks for it self specifically with timecode.

Posted Wed 25 Jun 14 @ 2:45 am
Never said that there are more devs...

I don't know the priority list of the dev team, and yes you may shout "what, timecode has no priority?", but I'm sure they will fix the problems.
But as long as there are other bugs that cause VDJ to crash, these will get fixed prior to a timecode engine not that smooth but not causing any crash.

Maybe they will redo a new timecode engine. But that will take time and I think everybody will agree to better take your time and do it right, than just fix it around every know and than.

Sure, 3 years in development and still no perfect timecode. Yes, that is possible. It's absolutely possible, especially if its a whole new code basis.
Some thinks just have to evolve. Maybe this first try doesn't work perfect, give them a second.

Posted Wed 25 Jun 14 @ 3:04 am
AdvokutPRO InfinityMember since 2010
well, there have been more than enough crashes reported due to the DVS part of vdj ;) you may want to fly over the whole thread to get a good view of the different problems, Pachn ;)

Posted Wed 25 Jun 14 @ 4:26 am
This is the largest user thread in the forums section of VDJ8 clearly not just minor problems... I see them releasing one timecode fix at a time so I believe they are working on it but not fast enough for our liking. Much patience is needed with this software.

Posted Wed 25 Jun 14 @ 5:12 am
Just has a very quick overview, but could not find a post that definitely reports a crash caused by the timecode engine.

Posted Wed 25 Jun 14 @ 5:14 am
Guys as much as I hate to admit it I think this is a lost cause.

Everybody knows how bad the timecode is the fact that most djs here are controller djs doesn't help.

I say just use what you know works be it SSL, SDJ or Traktor. Yeah I know it sucks cause I to love the things VDJ can do but if things don't work I'll move on and check back to see if it's up to par yet which IT IS STILL NOT!!

We have done everything there is to do, from uploading videos, to sending in timecode signals, to laptop specs, soundcard specs, etc, etc and still no one has said anything. Meanwhile crap 100 dollar controllers are working perfectly!?!

Sometimes you just gotta count your loses and move on, this might be the case.

I'm just as upset as the rest of you.

Posted Wed 25 Jun 14 @ 10:28 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
This is the largest user thread in the forums section of VDJ8 clearly not just minor problems...

With respect the size of a thread does not correlate to the urgency or priority of an issue. There are actually surprisingly few users contributing to this thread. I'm not saying your issues are not important - they obviously are - I'm just saying that the size of the thread isn't any kind of a measure.

beatbreaker1 wrote :
Everybody knows how bad the timecode is the fact that most djs here are controller djs doesn't help.

With respect Huey, you started this thread and your attitude was very different at that time - in fact you were complimentary about the timecode engine saying it was very good?

Anyway the development team is aware of the issues and I can tell you that the timecode problems get highlighted on a regular basis. You are not forgotten.

Posted Wed 25 Jun 14 @ 10:48 am
Scott your right, I did say it was very good but that's only when using cdj's. Vinyl is a whole nother story........

Posted Wed 25 Jun 14 @ 11:06 am
xgl_djPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Yeah - it is only a handful of us Dj who use timecodes.. Rough estimate 12-15 people - the rest of the forum does not care about timecodes - so I am not surprised it is being ignored..

Posted Wed 25 Jun 14 @ 11:35 am
It is not being ignored....

SBDJ wrote :
Anyway the development team is aware of the issues and I can tell you that the timecode problems get highlighted on a regular basis. You are not forgotten.

Posted Wed 25 Jun 14 @ 12:25 pm
xgl_djPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Being aware of issues and fixing issues are two different things..

No fixes - therefore being ignored..

Posted Wed 25 Jun 14 @ 12:47 pm
29%