Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Timecode users......... [SOLVED] - Page: 11

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

When the public beta appeared it was stated by staff that timecode was working perfectly, so what has gone wrong?

Posted Fri 06 Jun 14 @ 3:57 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
I also have the same issues mentiuoned in this thread, with the phantom speeding up of tracks as well as some odd auto position jumping . With the exact same setup this does not occur in V.7.
Also i'm not fully understanding the TC config settings or lack of manual controls. The gain setting under TC says "perfect" but i feel its running a little higher than it should, perhaps the overloading could be related to my position jumping??

Posted Fri 06 Jun 14 @ 4:14 pm
kradcliffe wrote :
When the public beta appeared it was stated by staff that timecode was working perfectly, so what has gone wrong?

Can't be perfect when there are a number of use case scenarios with various hardware to consider. The time code works just not 100% reliable

Posted Fri 06 Jun 14 @ 4:51 pm
kradcliffe wrote :

LOOK at the youtube video i posted on page 9 and u will see what is wrong the problem i am having is in the beginning of the track (song) that is not calibrated right and there is noway to fix that yet u will see in the video's and a lot of crashes like yesterday i just did a back spin on the timecode vinyl and it crashes and if i press on the sync button it crashes u will see in part 4 how the left side just stop working during the video.so it is not perfect at all a lot of problem.

Posted Fri 06 Jun 14 @ 6:49 pm
inDOKnito wrote :
OK... I am really sorry for nagging, but seeing that v.8 is released to public, i must say that VDJ 8 timecode is everything but release ready!

In principle VDJ 8 timecode works really tightly, yes - I love how responsive the new GUI is and I love the sound.
Also thank you for already fixing the auto-select, that's how I like it. But:
Am I alone in wanting the new tc to behave as I am used to from the former versions?

Since most of my input remains ignor... - unnoticed:
Dear Atomix employees, this is a list of remaining bugs/differences from former tc I noticed and I very, very kindly ask you to check thoroughly and answer to in detail:
1) The bug I posted in this thread Tue 20 May 14 @ 7:03 pm (track loaded weirdly)
2) When loading the first file, it mostly (not always!) starts somewhere in the track (probaply depending on the needle's position)
3) When loading the first track, it always has a wrong pitch
4) When turning tc off and on again, the track always skips
5) When turning tc off, then changing the needle position and turning tc on again, the track skips and/or the speed changes
6) When scratching, the track sometimes skips back and forth between 2-3 seemingly fixed positions
7) When the VDJ vinyl tc runs out, the track stops (according to dj-in-norway this should be fixed in the latest update - I have 8.0.1785 (judging from changelog.txt) which is currently the downloadable version, but maybe he was talking about the next one to come)

I'd love to be proven an idiot and learn that all my problems come from faulty settings, so - here is my tc window ;)

Also, please see my settings.xml at http://indoknito.de/settings.zip

What type of vinyl are you using

Posted Sat 07 Jun 14 @ 6:37 pm
Djratedxxx919 wrote :

Virtual DJ/Numark Virtual Vinyl (see picture)

Posted Sun 08 Jun 14 @ 3:51 am
Yeah they are up to ( vdj team ) 1834 beta and still no fixes for timecode.i ask about it and nobody answer me at all so i do not know what going on i even join the beta to see if anything will be fix in timecode vinyl nothing yet .so i tried virtual dj 8 1834.680 and timecode vinyl worst now remember the problem i am having the the beginning of the track that its not calibrated right and the wave form drifts now its skips in the middle of the track (SONG) when i scratch and all the other problems are still there. can not call it guys

Posted Sun 08 Jun 14 @ 5:24 pm
I wonder if the devs know that this is a problem that will haunt VDJ if not sorted soon.... The mods need to give us an update on the progress of this issue real soon, I have been using VDJ 7 for all my time code needs and none of the change logs seem to suggest that they even attempting to help us time code users out. Getting frustrated only because we aren't being kept in the loop

Posted Sun 08 Jun 14 @ 5:53 pm
angelt99 wrote :
Yeah they are up to ( vdj team ) 1834 beta and still no fixes for timecode.i ask about it and nobody answer me at all so i do not know what going on i even join the beta to see if anything will be fix in timecode vinyl nothing yet .so i tried virtual dj 8 1834.680 and timecode vinyl worst now remember the problem i am having the the beginning of the track that its not calibrated right and the wave form drifts now its skips in the middle of the track (SONG) when i scratch and all the other problems are still there. can not call it guys

I am having the same problem... and i have also joined the beta team? It looks like they are trying to get to all the problems... just not timecodes as yet?

Posted Mon 09 Jun 14 @ 12:49 am
Dj Sky-Trendsetters wrote :
I wonder if the devs know that this is a problem that will haunt VDJ if not sorted soon.... The mods need to give us an update on the progress of this issue real soon, I have been using VDJ 7 for all my time code needs and none of the change logs seem to suggest that they even attempting to help us time code users out. Getting frustrated only because we aren't being kept in the loop

Feels like im spending more time in settings and configs then actually playing??? very frustrating

Posted Mon 09 Jun 14 @ 12:50 am

This is also happening when using Serato cvo2 vinyl?

Posted Mon 09 Jun 14 @ 12:53 am
Djfingas wrote :

This is also happening when using Serato cvo2 vinyl?

I am using the same Timecode as u Serato cvo2 vinyl posted some video on page 9 .u can see my set up.

Posted Mon 09 Jun 14 @ 5:26 am
Djfingas wrote :
Dj Sky-Trendsetters wrote :

Feels like im spending more time in settings and configs then actually playing??? very frustrating

YES i am going thru the same thing very very Frustrating i just want to play all ready not always in the setting .

Posted Mon 09 Jun 14 @ 5:30 am
Hello everybody,

i also tried new V8 with Timecode Vinyl.
Same issue with the pitch going up (+10 or something like) if you scratch forward very slowly.

But I donĀ“t have the issue with the jumping waveform at the beginning of the track. I do not have this issue if I select "Relative" as Timecode Mode. In "absolute" and "smart" Mode I also have the issue with the jumping waveform mentioned in the video "virtual dj 8 timecode issue part 1 "

Can somebody confirm?

Posted Mon 09 Jun 14 @ 6:05 am
Djfingas wrote :
angelt99 wrote :

I am having the same problem... and i have also joined the beta team? It looks like they are trying to get to all the problems... just not timecodes as yet?

How can I join the beta team?

Posted Mon 09 Jun 14 @ 8:21 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
The development team are working very hard on issues, I'm sure they will get to have a further look at timecode - you guys are not forgotten!

Posted Mon 09 Jun 14 @ 9:00 am
Relative mode timecode keeps repeating the track. Is there a way to set it to normal operation?

Posted Mon 09 Jun 14 @ 10:22 am
So i got a question for those using turntables. with VDJ8.I tried setting it up it worked but the pitch kept going backwards on its own while song was playing.slowing down the song. How are you setting it up n what type of laptop are you using and what type of soundcard. I read the manual n followed instructions.I tried with SL1 box no luck then with my VMS4.1 worked but with issues.Help

Posted Mon 09 Jun 14 @ 1:04 pm
My Time Code Vinyl First impression:

Time Code Vinyl still a little buggy and delicate to use for certain applications (turntablism) but hey.. this is a Pre Release and it's looking good. I think VDJ Team is going in the right direction.

Great job.

Link: http://youtu.be/uVcWmumAP3Q

Posted Mon 09 Jun 14 @ 1:31 pm
Twisted Nytmare72 wrote :
So i got a question for those using turntables. with VDJ8.I tried setting it up it worked but the pitch kept going backwards on its own while song was playing.slowing down the song. How are you setting it up n what type of laptop are you using and what type of soundcard. I read the manual n followed instructions.I tried with SL1 box no luck then with my VMS4.1 worked but with issues.Help

Judging from this thread, there is nothing you can do about it by now. Just stay on 7.4 and wait for the developers to get rid of the bugs.
If you insist it's a problem with your settings or setup, please post a pic of your timecode window.

Posted Mon 09 Jun 14 @ 3:36 pm
23%