Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Denon 3700s/x1600 issues - Page: 9

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

I have been using the sc3900s with a ddm4000 mixer for about 2 months (in house) with no real issues. I actually recorded for about 3 hours straight last week and had no issues at all. Almost ready to take these live!

I would suggest using a program called drivermax to extract the drivers for the denon's then remove the Denon Asio software and install the drivers manually. I also use a numark djio as my sound card.

Posted Wed 25 Feb 15 @ 9:16 am
3900s are not 3700s. I am fair game to send in recordings or videos of my problems if it could assist Virtual Dj reps in any way. These problems have persisted since the launch last year, so I can thoroughly provide proof upon request.

Posted Wed 25 Feb 15 @ 2:20 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
DJ Bertie wrote :
When I hit play there is also delay when instantly grabbing the platter

This delay should be controlled by the setting motorWheelLockTime.

Posted Wed 25 Feb 15 @ 8:08 pm
Maybe I'm not looking hard enough, but I don't see that setting. I also have a question - how come I have auto beat match and master tempo off, but each song I load still automatically matches the bpm of the other song? This is on vdj 8.

Posted Thu 26 Feb 15 @ 1:47 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
You probably have to check the "show advanced settings" checkbox to see all settings.

And by auto beat match, you mean the setting "autoBPMMatch" right?

Posted Fri 27 Feb 15 @ 3:58 am
Yeah I have all of those checked off. I'm not seeing a setting that I may have missed. But more importantly, can anyone explain why there is a delay when using the flip and a/b trim functions? It's a significant 4-5 second delay after initiating the function.

Posted Sun 01 Mar 15 @ 5:46 pm
Bump

Posted Sat 07 Mar 15 @ 9:07 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Both of those mappings are for wheel_mode; perhaps there is an issue there. I figured maybe it was because the other modes would stop the wheel and there would be a wait time for that to occur, but 4-5 seconds seems excessive. I no longer have any Denon 3700/3900 hardware to test with, but I have a few other motorwheels so will test with them.

Posted Sun 08 Mar 15 @ 10:13 am
4-5 secs is way too long.
What's your motorwheel time settings ?
For these functions to work, the platter must stop rotating before you can use them, so a small delay (less than 1 sec) is normal.
Can you also try to use them with "vinyl" mode deactivated to see if they act on time ? (When vinyl mode is off, the platters won't spin, that's normal)

Posted Mon 09 Mar 15 @ 8:57 am
PhantomDeejay wrote :
4-5 secs is way too long.
What's your motorwheel time settings ?
For these functions to work, the platter must stop rotating before you can use them, so a small delay (less than 1 sec) is normal.
Can you also try to use them with "vinyl" mode deactivated to see if they act on time ? (When vinyl mode is off, the platters won't spin, that's normal)

Deactivating vinyl mode indeed allowed flip and a/b trim to function on time. When vinyl mode was off those functions instantly activated, whereas the functions have a 4 second delay when vinyl mode is on. What does this mean and how do I fix it?

While we're on the topic of bend mode, how do I increase or decrease the speed of bend mode? I don't see the function for bend speed like there is in Vdj 7.

Thanks

Posted Sun 05 Apr 15 @ 1:50 pm
bump.

also pressing a cue point still does not always activate said cue.

Posted Tue 07 Apr 15 @ 8:14 pm
bump

Posted Wed 15 Apr 15 @ 9:16 am
bump please

Posted Mon 20 Apr 15 @ 11:55 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
If motors are on and you press the FLIP button, how much time does it take for the platters to completely stop ?
You understand of course, that if the loop_move mode was engaging instantly (prior) the platters to completely stop, it would move your loop to a much larger size very easily ;)

Posted Tue 21 Apr 15 @ 2:19 pm
djdad wrote :
If motors are on and you press the FLIP button, how much time does it take for the platters to completely stop ?
You understand of course, that if the loop_move mode was engaging instantly (prior) the platters to completely stop, it would move your loop to a much larger size very easily ;)

Thanks for the reply.

When motors are on and the song is in a loop, pressing 'A/B trim' and 'flip' both take about 4 seconds to activate (this was not the case in 7.4). Like phantom said, if the motors are in bend mode, 'A/B trim' and 'flip' instantly activate.
And when I press my cues, sometimes they don't register.

Posted Tue 21 Apr 15 @ 8:02 pm
I have tested my S3700 again yesterday (I'm on Windows 8.1)
Platter takes less than a second in order to stop here and after that all functions are active.

Please open VirtualDj configuaration and click on OPTIONS icon on the left.
Make sure that "Show Advanaced Options" is checked and type "motor" on the searchbox
Post a screenshot here of the config page...

Posted Wed 22 Apr 15 @ 5:23 am
recent VDJ8 update killed my option to be able to swap deck numbers back and forth on the s3700s using the Midi button (not eject as per vdj7.x). Everything is setup correctly in 8 but still no joy on that item. works fine for me other than that.

Posted Thu 23 Apr 15 @ 2:54 pm
PhantomDeejay wrote :
I have tested my S3700 again yesterday (I'm on Windows 8.1)
Platter takes less than a second in order to stop here and after that all functions are active.

Please open VirtualDj configuaration and click on OPTIONS icon on the left.
Make sure that "Show Advanaced Options" is checked and type "motor" on the searchbox
Post a screenshot here of the config page...

Posted Thu 23 Apr 15 @ 10:00 pm
Did this provide you with any more helpful information?

Posted Mon 27 Apr 15 @ 5:31 pm
Yes, no ?

Posted Fri 01 May 15 @ 10:33 am
73%