Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Denon 3700s/x1600 issues - Page: 8

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

I haven't noticed any problems with the key/pitch lock not working when changing playback speed. I've used VDJ8 at four events, and I haven't had any reliability problems. The only annoyance has been that tracks fast forwarding for a second when hitting play, and along with that there is an initial lag in turntable response. When I'm mixing the music, I never hit play to start a song...so the fast forward bit isn't an issue. The only time I need to just hit play is if it's following my talking on the mic, and I only have one free hand. I just disable vinyl mode in such instances, as the fast forwarding issue only happens when in vinyl mode.

So....seems to work reliably on my end. Just have to deal with a few little annoyances until the kinks are all worked out.

Posted Wed 12 Nov 14 @ 7:02 am
That the same issue I had Brian, The 'fast forward' thing. Latest issue I have is now I can't even start VDJ8 when the 3900s are powered on!! Just locks up the computer and requires a restart. Turn them off and VDJ8 opens fine. Still work fine with 7. Anyone at Atomic still looking at the issues with the 3900s?

Posted Wed 17 Dec 14 @ 12:50 am
yeah i also DJ with 3900's and im still having to also use VDJ 7 as 8 has all these problems with anything that has spinning platters :-( its like i see all these updates in the current builds but never addressing the 3900 problems. very frustrated

Posted Wed 17 Dec 14 @ 2:02 am
NextGPRO InfinityMember since 2010
@djtyme: I can calm you down. My 3700s have a real weired behavior thats makes it hard for me to describe these issues.

Today, I turned my 3700s and x1600 on, after notebook was on with vdj. I had this strange forward speed in vinyl mode (platter on). Then I thought that I may can solve the problem by reducing the rpm from 45 to 33. After switching into CD-Mode, changed the rpm and turned the USB-Mode on, my platter was still moving although I paused the track. It sounded as the track were playing with a tenth of its regular speed.

After all this, I decided to shut VDJ down, set my rpm back to 45, shut my hardware down and turn it on again. Suprise suprise, everything worked fine. I just don't understand it because I actually didnt do nothing!

I would highly prefer if I even could get the error source and could understand this weired behavior. Can anyone help me??

Greetings from Germany

Posted Tue 23 Dec 14 @ 7:25 am
Are you changing the platter RPM in VDJ or on the 3700s? Or both?

Maybe there's an issue with the hardware speed being different to the software speed.

Posted Tue 23 Dec 14 @ 11:14 am
groovindj wrote :
Are you changing the platter RPM in VDJ or on the 3700s? Or both?

Maybe there's an issue with the hardware speed being different to the software speed.

It was the first time that i tried to change the RPM on the 3700s. Otherwise I never changed the speed.

Posted Tue 23 Dec 14 @ 11:37 am
Here's a tip:

When I am setting my 3700 to 45rpm (on the hardware site, not in VDJ), then I have the fastforwardproblem. Do I set it to 33, I dont have it anymore. By the way, I just figuered out that you can edit the presets in UBS-mode, too. Same way just press Memo for a longer time.

I didn't test it for a longer time, but I tried it for 3 times (using 45rpm and back to 33rpm) and I always hadn't the speedbug.

//MORE EDIT:
I tried to set rpm to 45 (from 33) in VDJ, but it actually doesn't save the value. When I close the setting window and open it again, its always back to 33rpm.

Maybe thats causes the problem: If you have different settings for rpm in VDJ and in the 3700 itsself.

Could anyone report me whether it works?

Greetings

Posted Tue 23 Dec 14 @ 11:56 am
Key change makes no difference when it's activated on the 3700s.

Only 10-15% of my songs are analyzed on vdj 8, when they have already been analyzed on vdj 7.4. How can I fix this????!!!!! It's driving my nuts.

Posted Sun 28 Dec 14 @ 5:14 pm
bump..........

I'm just not understanding how to clean up my files on vdj 8. There's up to 10 differnt files of the same song when there shouldn't be. A ton of my cue points are also still not showing up.

Posted Fri 09 Jan 15 @ 4:03 pm
NextG wrote :
Here's a tip:

When I am setting my 3700 to 45rpm (on the hardware site, not in VDJ), then I have the fastforwardproblem. Do I set it to 33, I dont have it anymore. By the way, I just figuered out that you can edit the presets in UBS-mode, too. Same way just press Memo for a longer time.

I didn't test it for a longer time, but I tried it for 3 times (using 45rpm and back to 33rpm) and I always hadn't the speedbug.

//MORE EDIT:
I tried to set rpm to 45 (from 33) in VDJ, but it actually doesn't save the value. When I close the setting window and open it again, its always back to 33rpm.

Maybe thats causes the problem: If you have different settings for rpm in VDJ and in the 3700 itsself.

Could anyone report me whether it works?

Greetings

It was probably just a randomly success. There is obviously no connection between the intern Denon settings and the VDJ settings... :(

Posted Sat 10 Jan 15 @ 3:27 am
DJ Bertie wrote :
Key change makes no difference when it's activated on the 3700s.

Only 10-15% of my songs are analyzed on vdj 8, when they have already been analyzed on vdj 7.4. How can I fix this????!!!!! It's driving my nuts.

Hey Bertie,

I can't confirm that there is no key change. At the moment I cant test whether it works or not.

After changing from 7.4 to 8 I had to reanalyze my whole database. It took me 3 days I think, but at the end I had a fully analyzed database. There is a new key analyzer, so you will have new key values.

I hope you know what i mean. It's early in the morning and my englisch is a bit broken :D

Posted Sat 10 Jan 15 @ 3:31 am
My tracks sometimes still skip when I hit play. Also cue points sometimes do not register when pressing them.

Posted Sun 25 Jan 15 @ 8:34 pm
Tracks still skip when hitting play

Key change does not work like it used to

Not all cue points are being transferred from 7.4 to 8

Posted Sat 07 Feb 15 @ 2:09 pm
OH and when I press a CUE BUTTON it does not always bring me to that cue point. Sometimes I have to press it 2 or 3 times for it to recognize.

Posted Mon 09 Feb 15 @ 11:43 am
When "Flip" is mapped to -
holding ? wheel_mode "jog" : loop ? wheel_mode "loop_move,jog" : wheel_mode "jog"

and

"A/B trim" is mapped to -
loop ? wheel_mode "loop_out,loop_in,jog" : wheel_mode "jog"

There is close to a 4-5 second delay before you can engage these commands on the decks.

P.S. I think the cue point engage is fixed.

Am I the only one continuing to have problems with this setup?
Thanks.

Posted Mon 09 Feb 15 @ 7:27 pm
bump

Posted Wed 18 Feb 15 @ 7:30 pm
DJ Bertie wrote :
bump

I dont think that we will get any solution so far. Perhaps the priority is set very low to this problem. 3700s just "too old" and the developer will take care of later products.

Posted Thu 19 Feb 15 @ 11:29 am
DJJAMMPRO InfinityMember since 2005
its a shame because theses controllers are great , just not great using vdj 8

sorry cmon vdj step it up and fix the 3900s and 3700s

Posted Sat 21 Feb 15 @ 2:32 am
What causes a delay between pressing these actions and having them function?? No other functions on the decks have a delay so why would these?

"Flip" is mapped to -
holding ? wheel_mode "jog" : loop ? wheel_mode "loop_move,jog" : wheel_mode "jog"

"A/B trim" is mapped to -
loop ? wheel_mode "loop_out,loop_in,jog" : wheel_mode "jog"

These are the standard factory mappers too.

Posted Sat 21 Feb 15 @ 7:10 pm
Hot cues are still delaying for me. As well as the flip and a/b trim. When I hit play there is also delay when instantly grabbing the platter. I have motorwheel_instant_play set but that only helps with the lag from hitting play/pause.

Maybe the denon 3700 scripts need to be re-written? I only know so much to keep band-aiding my setup to make it work.

Posted Wed 25 Feb 15 @ 12:39 am
65%