Topic: Denon 3700s/x1600 issues - Page: 10

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Here goes to a 1 year bump lol. 1 year and still problems

Posted Sat 09 May 15 @ 2:11 pm
spaciumPRO InfinityMember since 2007
There is a delay when play music in vd8
sorry for the English

Posted Sun 24 May 15 @ 7:53 am
DEV Team.. I still work with 2 3700's. Still having the running issues. Any updates on them? If you'd like, we can set up a time so you all can join me as i can replicate the issues LIVE. that way you can scan reports and help us get these bad boys at 100% working

Posted Sun 31 May 15 @ 9:17 pm
I'm still having play/pause skipping and glitching. Sometimes cues don't register as well

Posted Sat 06 Jun 15 @ 11:31 am
I can't find ANY reason why you have such issues.
I have 2 DN-S3700 here and I have tried to reproduce all your issues without any luck.
Have you tried with USB or CD to check that your buttons doesn't have start to ware out ?
It's common with DENON units to have the buttons used frequently ware out over time and need replacement once every 1-2 years.
At least that's my experience with both S3700 and MC6000

Posted Sun 07 Jun 15 @ 9:09 am
NextGPRO InfinityMember since 2010
I have some issues with the hot cues, too. In VDJ 8 they don't have the some function as in VDJ 7. When I'm pressing a hot cue to place one and then press it again to play from this cue, it won't work everytime. Sometimes it playes from the placed cue points, but in most cases it just replaces the old key with a new position.

Is it possible that I have an old mapping or sth?

Moreover, I had this "fast forwad" issue for a week when I was using the platter/vinyl mode. I had to turn off and on again the 3700 and then it worked. Can anyone reproduce it?

Though, I have no issues anymore!

Greetings

Posted Sun 07 Jun 15 @ 1:27 pm
PhantomDeejay wrote :

I have 2 DN-S3700 here and I have tried to reproduce all your issues without any luck.
Have you tried with USB or CD to check that your buttons doesn't have start to ware out ?

They work 100% with vdj 7.4.

I can record a session and try to catch the play/pause skipping issue (it actually stopped skipping for a week or two then started again.) As for the cue issue myself- when I have a set cue and press it, sometimes it does not register and go to that cue.

Like NextG said, it could be a mapper issue? I had to redo a bunch of mappers because they were all over the place function wise (never touched cues and play/pause though).

Posted Sun 07 Jun 15 @ 8:44 pm
Just to clear this up a little:

The default mapper uses this command:

var_equal 'memo' 1 ? set_cue 1 : hot_cue 1

What does this mean?
It means that if you press the "MEMO" button, the hotcue buttons will set the hot cues, they won't start the playback.
You need to press the "MEMO" button again to turn it off for the hotcue buttons to start the deck again.
When the MEMO is active, the MEMO glyph in the display will light up and a short message will appear on the display:

MEMO: Press a HC
button to update

That is with the default V8 mapper that we assume you're using.

Posted Mon 08 Jun 15 @ 5:25 am
PhantomDeejay wrote :
Just to clear this up a little:

The default mapper uses this command:

var_equal 'memo' 1 ? set_cue 1 : hot_cue 1

What does this mean?
It means that if you press the "MEMO" button, the hotcue buttons will set the hot cues, they won't start the playback.
You need to press the "MEMO" button again to turn it off for the hotcue buttons to start the deck again.
When the MEMO is active, the MEMO glyph in the display will light up and a short message will appear on the display:

MEMO: Press a HC
button to update

That is with the default V8 mapper that we assume you're using.

Yeah, I actually thought so. The problem is that it actually won't work when I press the MEMO Button.

Posted Mon 08 Jun 15 @ 12:40 pm
I had this problem today. First I pressed hotcue 1 and he set hot cue 'cause no one was set. Then I pressed the same button again and VDJ jumped to it and played the song form this point. Then I pressed memory before and then hotcue 1 and replaced the hot cue. Everything fine.

5 mins later I pressed the hot cue 1 button at my other S3700 and he replaced the old position with the new position every time without pressing the memory button before. Even when I changed the mapping to only "hot cue 1", which should just place and/or play from this part, it replaced the old hot cue.

Very strange and I can't really reproduce the problem, but does anyone know how i could fix this?

Posted Fri 12 Jun 15 @ 3:52 pm
Well now I can't even load vdj 8 when my denon 3700s and x1600 are connected to my computer...vdj just crashes. This is just unbelievable..I'm sorry but I am so extremely fed up with this program

Posted Fri 12 Jun 15 @ 8:35 pm
DJ Bertie wrote :
Well now I can't even load vdj 8 when my denon 3700s and x1600 are connected to my computer...vdj just crashes. This is just unbelievable..I'm sorry but I am so extremely fed up with this program

I don't really think VDJ crashes cause of your S3700. Maybe its your notebook configuration. Maybe you can post the error in here. I think you got the current ASIO driver version 2.2.2 by Denon, dont you?

Posted Sat 13 Jun 15 @ 2:18 am
NextG wrote :
DJ Bertie wrote :

I don't really think VDJ crashes cause of your S3700. Maybe its your notebook configuration. Maybe you can post the error in here. I think you got the current ASIO driver version 2.2.2 by Denon, dont you?

Yeah I have the current asio driver. All my problems are back to square 1. I had to reinstall the program cause it was crashing. Now after the reinstall, it won't let me update and makes it crash. So annoying.

Posted Mon 15 Jun 15 @ 11:11 pm
Bump. Still problems.

Every day

with this setup and software

Posted Tue 16 Jun 15 @ 11:39 am
After messing with these for a few more hours I noticed that sometimes when I load a song on a deck, the other deck has a sound glitch. Like the playing tracks sound sometimes skips and makes a slight poppy noise.

I also still occasionally get track skipping when I hit play.

Posted Mon 22 Jun 15 @ 10:28 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Things you can try:

* Use LatencyMon to check your DPC latency and pagefault resolution times
* Increase your ASIO latency
* Reduce the load priority setting in VDJ
* Try a non-Denon audio device as a test

Posted Tue 23 Jun 15 @ 3:03 am
SBDJ wrote :
Things you can try:

I think that LatencyMon will only work correctly if he is using Win 7 or lower versions. I seem to remember that I read something like this. Could you tell us your notebook's hardware and its configuration?

Posted Tue 23 Jun 15 @ 10:31 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
LatencyMon works with Win7 onwards. If you're using Vista/XP then either the old v5 LatencyMon, or DPC Latency Checker would be the utilities to use.

If you're still using Vista/XP then you may also with to consider upgrading!

Posted Tue 23 Jun 15 @ 10:42 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
NextG wrote :
SBDJ wrote :
Things you can try:

I think that LatencyMon will only work correctly if he is using Win 7 or lower versions. I seem to remember that I read something like this. Could you tell us your notebook's hardware and its configuration?

What you are refering to is the DPC Latency Checker that has a bug with Win versions >= 8.
It shows you 1000ms latency even if the real value is only 500ms.
According to the developer that has something to do with the OS but doesn't affect the tool in general.

Posted Wed 24 Jun 15 @ 1:43 am
Not to intrude on your convo, but from what I see increasing the latency on the asio driver helped.

Aside from that issue it stinks that the denon platter and tempo aren't as responsive when compared to using a cd or usb drive. But I think that's the case with any dj program.

Posted Wed 24 Jun 15 @ 10:27 pm
81%