Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: VDJ8 - How to activate dedicated graphics? - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

glenskiPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Please could you tell me the option where I assign my dedicated graphics card for VDJ8, only at the moment it keeps opening a window within Windows which I then need to drag across the desktop to my TV screens then expand them.

In VDJ7 I could just assign the graphics card on extended desktop with graphics card in high performance mode.

Thank you

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 1:33 pm
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
do you use a external screen...?

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 1:34 pm
You still assign video output in Windows. The window in 8, when double clicked on your second monitor, will expand. You do not have to select your card in 8 anymore. Options/video/StartVideoOnLoad/yes.

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 1:41 pm
has anyone tried using this with a projector setup

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 2:09 pm
Yes Im using a Matrox TripleHead2Go with 3 projectors and a Cinq screen flawlessly.........

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 2:10 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
^ yes and it works very well just drag over the window and double click to expand it. Also works on airplay for mac users with an apple tv.

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 2:10 pm
Kinda laggy (Apple TV) for me but with a network cable it is great as well.

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 2:14 pm
I never used to have to drag the window to my external TV displays/Projector before?

So every time now I have to drag the window over and expand it.

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 2:26 pm
No. expand the second monitor, close and open again, and see. You will not have to select your video card, either. If you want the window back, you can double click.

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 2:34 pm
Expand what? There is no output to the external screen, it expands the window on the laptop, which I then have to drag over.

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 3:08 pm
Just move it to the second screen and doubble click it to get fullscreen. There are also 2 VDJ Script Actions you can assign to a custom button in the skin to automaticly expand the window to the second screen with a click.

Greets, Heiko

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 3:19 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
You dont have to expand anything. Simply drag the Video Window it will pop up at any of yoru screens, to the one you wish to use for Output, and DOUBLE-CLICK inside the window. It will then get maximized.
Next time you launch version 8, and the screen is available (connected), it will do that automagically

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 3:20 pm
glenski wrote :
Expand what? There is no output to the external screen, it expands the window on the laptop, which I then have to drag over.

don't panic - had same issue this morning when I first loaded a video.
my second monitor at home is my tv connected with an HDMI cable. the output window was stuck in the taskbar til I right clicked on it and selected "move: then used the arrow key to slide it over to center of output screen. after that double click and it fills screen!

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 3:21 pm
Ok but there is a side effect on this solution: if you switch applications using ALT + TAB (pressing and holding for a few seconds) the maximized screen on second monitor will flash or disappear. Other problem: if you use WIN + D for desktop visualization, the screen on second monitor will minimize too!

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 6:14 pm
Come on, is that something you really do while playing live though??

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 6:17 pm
Absolutely yes!

In fact we have a bug here: after on WIN + D VDJ became unresponsive. Its necessary turn off using task manager

Edit: this occurs when the option videoForceFullscreen is 1

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 6:22 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
Instead of using Windows +D that minimizes ALL windows, just minimize VirtualDJ in the main screen.
The maximized video in the second screen will not affected.

ps. We don't recommend to use 'videoForceFullscreen' 1.

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 6:49 pm
Id say if your running programs other then VDJ then you SHOULD invest in something a CINQ usb screen, these things I use all the time and they are awesome.

http://cinq.wpengine.com/my-cinq/

I never leave home without it.................

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 6:54 pm
Understood but when we have a new product we can not lose such vital features in a product like VDJ. I think its important to address the problem for future solution because this feature (external monitor).

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 7:34 pm
We have not gone backwards, but forward. I no longer have to go to video, and choose between window and my graphics card. Once it is set, it is done. If you are at home, and don't want to use a second monitor, the window is available. I have never used those windows keys.

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 7:48 pm
26%