Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: First impressions - Page: 15

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Have you tried clicking on the A+ button on the left side of the browser ?

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 6:17 pm
PhantomDeejay wrote :
Have you tried clicking on the A+ button on the left side of the browser ?

ah ok thanks didnt see that

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 6:21 pm
Ok so I just got VDJ8 the other day and have been messing around with it some. I'm using a Mac and and have a ton of zipped karaoke files and I'm really liking that I can scan my whole library without the program crashing like VDJ7 used to do.

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 6:50 pm
discobrian24 wrote :
burnyabad wrote :
PachN wrote :
burnyabad wrote :
PachN wrote :
burnyabad wrote :

ARE YOU KIDDING ME? THEY PROMISED THE SAMPLERS WOULD BE FIXIN IN VDJ 8 USING THE DDJ-SX/SZ. IF THIS IS STILL AN ISSUE, I CAN PROMISE YOU MOST OF US WILL GO BACK TO SERATO WHERE SAMPLER VOLUME HAS NEVER EVER EVER EVER BEEN AN ISSUE.

Like: Can you play *shitysong* please? Everbody wants to hear it!

What are your problems with the sampler?

capable of READING?

You edited you post.
At first it ended after serato...

But you haven't answered my question.
And you still remeber that this version is pre-release version, and not the final release verision?
So if you find any bugs, don't start screaming. Report it!

Sorry, I actually redidted that reply but it didnt take. The samper problem with our ddj-sx/sz is the same problem we had with version 7. 100% volume when applying a sample using the sample pads on our controller. THIS HAS NEVER EVER BEEN AN ISSUE IN SERATO OR TRACTOR BUT LOW AND BEHOLD, ITS THE SAME EFFING PROBLEM IN V8 AS V7.

In 8 you have to set each samples volume, you can now do this in the tree. You select the sample and change the gain of the sample. Once set VDJ will remember your volume. If you try to do this in the lower right area of the skin it is temporary.

does that include if you dont use auto or auto remember for volume levels.

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 6:52 pm
Please avoid multi-quoting like that...

Thank you!

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 7:20 pm
So does anyone know how to remove all cue points from all tracks and start fresh without deleting the db file? The v7 to v8 change of cue point position issue is a pain.

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 7:29 pm
how do you completely remove v8 from the mac?

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 7:32 pm
djjeckyPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Hmm what do i like so far. Loop to 64 beats easily and can be controlled easily with my controller. Unlimited samples can all be controlled by my controller and not just 4 with the 7. The design looks clean. Opens in like 2 seconds. Closes in like one. Broadcast options (although i dont use it so i dont know if we had the same on the 7). Sample effect and browser buttons on my controller makes me use the controls to operate samples effects etc so probably will never have to touch the computer. Key lock looks like it finally works. Easier filter access with my controller (although i have never really used it but i can check it out a little bit more now). Slip function. Wish my controller had a slip button...

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 8:12 pm
J-SnipPRO InfinityMember since 2006
First impression for me after 2 hours of getting used to it...

1) MISS having both Time Remaining & Elapsed both displayed in the decks as in V7 (others have echoed this). Having that really helped me with my mixes as I could take a quick glance at the time. (I know can be done with skins but, like others, I don't have that skill nor have the time to learn as I have a FT job).

2) huge for me is the removal of Pre-Listen at the bottom of the browser. (Yea I know where it is now and it is not convenient and the browser is eaten up by having Sideview and Info sections expanded) Please give option to enable/disable pre-listen at bottom of browser as in V7!

3) Others have echoed Clipbank being automatically selected/triggered when an audio file is played...YEP missing that is big for me.

I will, most likely, be staying on 7.4 as #2 and #3 are really big factors for me. This could change when the official / FINAL version V8 is out so my decision will be based off that release.

HAVING SAID THAT, the developers and team have done an excellent job with this and I know it has been a long time coming and I, along with a lot of others, APPRECIATE all the hard work that has gone into V8!!!!!

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 8:54 pm
I am loving it !!! It has truly been a long wait, but I must it has been worth it. Great job team !

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 8:58 pm
hello guys,im a pro user,i use vdj with an ddj sx by pioneer on a dual core 2.00 with 4 giga's ram,win 7/32 acer aspire 5738z notebook since long time ago ,
i never had a problem with it.....
now i updated to the vdj 8 ,and i got a problem , the loading time of a normal (6-7 min extended song,even shorter) it takes a lot... something like 20-25 seconds minimim (before was 4-5 sec)!!!
and also the ''cpu watch'' on the vdj skin never go under 85%,sometimes its stays for 30-40 seconds on 100 % and also the sound stop!!! :(
its a setting or something that i need to do????
driver's latency has anything to do with the software performace ????
cos on ddj sx factory defaults(on asio settings utility ) i had 256 sample on the buffer and i put it on 1024 !!!!

i hope somebody give me a solution cos im quite in a hurry to fix this thing ,i play every night in a bar ,and 2morrow after i finish i will go to play in a club also !!!!
p.s.
i swithched back to vdj 7.41 and is doing the same thing,but the sound plays,i did not have any stops after !!!!
thanks in advance
ice

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 9:18 pm
Don't know if this is where i should be posting this but vdj8 only recognizes the soundcard in my Hercules Rmx but not the controller.

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 9:19 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
smoke618 wrote :
Don't know if this is where i should be posting this but vdj8 only recognizes the soundcard in my Hercules Rmx but not the controller.

What is your Operating system ?

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 9:28 pm
djdad wrote :
smoke618 wrote :

What is your Operating system ?

Mac OS 10.9.2

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 9:54 pm
Actually now have my controller hooked up and playing around with it and there's some strange mapping going on on VDJ 8 with certain buttons/commands as opposed to VDJ 7, is this something I need to get updated from the maker of the controller or can I find mapping somewhere else?

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 10:02 pm
update my cue to vdj pro today

played with V8 with poineer ddj- sb.....everything is functioning.
the sound is great but the jogs are terrible.... when you pitch bend it bends too fast when you use the side platter.

i dont use sync but everytime a load a song its already synced

i did i video recording.... set it to mp4 and made a file name.... about 15 minutes into the mix i get a crash..

the mp4 video i recorded says improper file to be played..... im on a MAC and i know it plays mp4's .....

computer spec are osx 10.75 2011 mbp i7 8gb ram and 7200rpm external wirewire hd....

congrats on the getting V8 out.

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 10:44 pm
First Impression: Looks awesome, sounds HORRIBLE! sound is muddy, distorted and fuzzy. I just downloaded the software, no issues there and it fired right up. dropped a song into deck A and hit play.... yuck. this is only running through the laptop for now, as I wanted to give it a try tonight. I don't have it hooked up to my Denon DN-MC6000 yet.

double checked the config setttings, read the manual, and still have not found a solution. Running XP Pro SP3, Intel core 2 Duo, IDT audio.

I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, but haven't figured out what yet

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 12:16 am
Greetings, I was testing with VDJ pionner DDJ SX, laptop DELL I5 2.4 ghz 1st generation 4 gb ram, WIN 7 64 bits, intel video hd (not HD3000 or 4000), screen resolution 1366x768, sound greatly improved THANK ATOMIX (but impressed in sound), but the skin is very FUZZY and I get a message that the plugins are not compatible with vdj 8 additional roll does not work well in the DDJ SX and also the part of multiFX functions in the deck 2 thanks for any help in this regard, Annex screen error.

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 12:20 am
peterGPRO InfinityMember since 2003
VIRTUAL DJ 8!!! Loving it so far. what happened to the Sample screen and the effects screen? i cant change my samples?

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 12:23 am
Anyone facing the issue where you cant see the 'browser sampler effects & record' button

Can't see it on my VDJ 8

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 3:20 am
40%