Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: First impressions - Page: 16

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

dezmondj1 wrote :
Anyone facing the issue where you cant see the 'browser sampler effects & record' button

You can't see those tabs because the browser works in a different way now. The sampler, effects and record options are all still in VDJ 8 - just in new locations.

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 3:24 am
groovindj wrote :
dezmondj1 wrote :
Anyone facing the issue where you cant see the 'browser sampler effects & record' button

You can't see those tabs because the browser works in a different way now. The sampler, effects and record options are all still in VDJ 8 - just in new locations.

Could you kindly elaborate & point me in the right direction. Thanks.

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 3:27 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
The Sampler view could be activated in the sidelist. Have a look at the bottom of the sidelist. There are different buttons for different views.

The Effects are on each deck or on the master panel.

Record is in the config.

And I suggest you have a look at the manual.

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 3:29 am

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 3:31 am
Thanks guys.

Much appreciate... :D

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 3:36 am
How do you do you enable the 'ROLL' buttons by default using ONINIT?

EDIT: It seems the latest update is the cause of the unhandled exception at startup.

Also when I scroll the mapper keys the list keeps refreshing and putting me back to the top of the keys list before I can click on a key. It puts them back to non-alphabetical order when it does it too. Please fix! @:)

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 6:08 am
Sooo... Yesterday evening i gave my first 2 hours on the V8...

First: The VDJ-Team make a nice job and the new version is very very nice.

I am so happy that the V8 is very modern and full of options and settings. Of course it is not easy to put in all the settings to find easy and fast. But i think its look good so. I dont work a long time with the new V8 but some thinks are busy or i am blind:

Sandbox:

Is it right that i need 2 Outputs for Deck 1 and 2 and one more for master output to use the sandbox mode? Otherwise the sandbox button is grey. So i need a 3 channel soundcard and a 3 channel mixer?
I think its better to use for the sandbox mode the other Deck which is not in use in this moment, but dont unload the track in the other deck. Then when i deactivate the sandbox mode the last track is also loaded on the other deck. This can be made by a sanbox button for each deck...

TAP-Button:

I dont really understand this function. I use the button to change the BPM for the track. But how i can make this change back for this song? The changed BPM is also saved for the next load. In the BPM Editor the "reanalyse" Button make something but dont change the BPM back to the right. Why is it so?
And also the BPM cant changed by the pitch slider... i can move the slider but it jump back! Is it right?

Automix-Editor:

The automix Editor is very busy i think. The line for the actualy position dont move and the move of the line make s busy noise.
If i move the next song i can see it but the sound is also the same and change nothing, first after some time an some new starts with the line the sound is right... I think this is not right or?

I am looking for some tips for my problems... can someone help me or are these problems of the pre-release version?
Thank you very much! (i hope you understand me because my english isnt the best ;-) )

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 6:49 am
Hello

so I had the opportunity yesterday to test a little, but not with the NS6 controllers !
For now, the V8 flow speed issue I feel that even when an improvement. But the problems I encountered below I share with you and I await your feedback to know if other people have also found ?
FYI : I installed the V8 without uninstalling the V7.4 version that is running correctly.

1) existing playlist once charged are not in order. As I had planned to base! the playlist and mix ?
2) I do not get to set the zoom on all securities shown. ( Browser_zoom ) ?
3) prelisten at the bottom of virtual DJ system seems to have disappeared ?
4) although already said the font for the titles is not pleasant to read! I confirm ...
5) The skin I usually use all changes especially in terms of color is not considered! Everything is mixed again?
6 ) the effects look a little better. By cons , there are two that do not work. ( Beatgrid and slicer ? )

Just for info: I am not a sound card Assio ! but on my computer desk for testing.

Dj Fil

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 6:59 am
studio smv wrote :

2) ( Browser_zoom ) ?
3) prelisten at the bottom of virtual DJ system seems to have disappeared ?

They have taken away browser zoom. It's a shame, but they have decided!

There may be some skins in the future which have a browser window that can be detached/moved - but not now.

Pre-listen has moved to the info view, on the right side of the browser.

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 7:03 am
I uninstalled old v8 and installed the new build 1752 to fix the unhandled exception. Quick work guys!

However the key list scrolling refresh bug is still there. I cannot edit mapper keys properly because it keeps jumping back to the top of the key list in non-alphabetical order.

EDIT: Scrolling issue was something to do with my controller. Unplugged USB and plugged into 3.0 port and was fine. Puged back into v1 port and was fine again too. This was after a reboot did not fix it. Weird one eh?

Other thing of note.

When I switch from my track folders to sampler and back again my list of tracks change. This is after I have sorted by key and dragged a track onto a deck. It keeps a track that was above it but seems to make the rest random. I don't like how it juggles the track order about. I don't recall having this issue when switching to the sampler tab and back in v7.

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 7:04 am
Hello.
Virtual DJ 8 is working pretty good. Thanks Atomix.
Could you bring back the browser zoom please?
If you add an acc plus plugin to broadcast, It would be great.
Thanks.

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 7:11 am
UPjohnPRO InfinityMember since 2013
First impressions are it looks good. the sound is far and away better than 7.

In the skin I wish I could turn off the song information on the side of the screen or change it. for me having to switch out between samples, and sideview with the info screen as a separate screen is a waste of a screen. It would be awesome if we had the same ability to change out the info screen the same was we can with the other one. also it would be nice to have the ability to see the songs key numerically (camelot number) like you could in 7.. The file info shows key signature but not camelot number anymore.

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 7:49 am
gbedardPRO InfinityMember since 2009
VDJ8 is working great for me so far, I haven't tried it on my gig laptop yet but works great on my office computer.

Two things -

As other have said, I didn't realize how much I relied on seeing both remaining AND elapsed time in 2 deck mode. Although I think it's cool, I would rather have the option of not showing the cover art and instead seeing another time option.

Also, automix is much improved with being able to modify the intro/outro posts. It also seemed to clear up the issue of a loud burst of volume between tracks that I was getting occasionally. However, being a wedding jock, I have always used the Fade (remove intro/outro) setting during cocktail hour/dinner. Using that setting in v7, it would just crossfade between songs without matching anything and this worked perfectly. v8 seems to always want to beatmatch if it's within it's ability to do so. I have automixMode set to "force fade", fadeLength is default 4.000 sec.

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 7:54 am
UPjohn wrote :
have the ability to see the songs key numerically (camelot number) like you could in 7.. The file info shows key signature but not camelot number anymore.

It's called "harmonic" now. Select the option and it will appear!

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 8:09 am
gbedardPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Is there a way to make the behavior of the automix list like v7 in that when I drag a song from that list to a player, it removes it from the list?

I use the automix list as my "sidelist" mainly because it keeps track of the total time left. Speaking of which, there should be a space between Total time and (# of songs).

Currently it looks like this Total time: 01:07:43(19 songs) ... it should be like Total time: 01:07:43 (19 songs). Minor detail but I can't unsee it!

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 8:27 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
UPjohn wrote :
In the skin I wish I could turn off the song information on the side of the screen or change it. for me having to switch out between samples, and sideview with the info screen as a separate screen is a waste of a screen. It would be awesome if we had the same ability to change out the info screen the same was we can with the other one.

You can collapse the info panel.
If it's that what you mean.

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 8:36 am
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
gbedard wrote :
Is there a way to make the behavior of the automix list like v7 in that when I drag a song from that list to a player, it removes it from the list?

donĀ“t think this works at the moment. but the track will be marked as played

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 8:36 am
Jason KPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Spent the last day messing around with the new version.

I'm really happy with this new version. The giant jog wheels are a waste for me. I have the ns7 II, I don't really need jogs on the screen, so a video toggle button would be nice instead. My parameter buttons won't scroll through the sampler bank either. Checked the mapper and it looks like it's supposed to. The sound is a huge improvement, along with filter. The slicer function also works great now and can be used predictably at shows. I really like the new pop up windows for editing and creating loops and poi. Not sure how the sandbox works, and don't think I'd use it anyways. Would be nice to be able to exit out of it and have it not show on the skin. still need to play around with the automix timeline thing. I use automix a lot a weddings. Being able to better control how it will mix will be helpful. Still have to play with some of the other edit features more. I have managed to crash it a couple times, but I haven't been able to reproduce it yet.

Problems
1. Slideshow does not work. None of my photos show up in their folders when trying to select.
2. Some of my most played tracks are coming up error when I want to play them. The songs are on the hd. They show and play in VDJ7, but won't play in VDJ 8.

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 8:54 am
I am having a big issue with my controller (Novation Twitch).

I use the shift keys on my controller to do certain things like delete cue points or change the function of pads. However if I hold the shift key down on either deck for more than a second and hit a pad to delete a cue point it does not work. Instead the pad triggers the cue point as normal. I know the shift key is working because the lights change on the controller when I hold the shift key down.

The only way I can get it to work is to either right click on the cue point on the skin or hold the shift key down very briefly while hitting the cue point pad. But this has a side effect of 'shifting' the decks from decks 1 or 2 to decks 3 or 4 depending which deck shift key I hit whilst in 4 deck skin mode. If I use the default 2 deck skin it does not shift to decks 3 or 4 obviously but the cue point still will not delete if I hold shift for more than a second.

I am using the default skin and default mapper.

Please does anyone have any idea? It was a bit twitchy like this in v7 too btw. I am using the latest Twitch ASIO/Midi driver.

EDIT: I also tried uninstalling/reinstalling VDJ, deleted all settings and the hidden folders and used the VDJ registry cleaning tool to remove all settings before reinstalling VDJ. I also tried uninstalling/reinstalling the Novation USB driver (including an older version). It did not help.

EDIT2: Shift key actions work as expected in v7 so this is definitely a v8 issue. :(

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 9:00 am
Jason K wrote :
I don't really need jogs on the screen

There are some alternative VDJ 8 skins available now from the download area. There are links in the skin forum if you need them.

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 9:11 am
42%