Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: First impressions - Page: 14

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

groovindj wrote :
crossfaderCurve - disabled?

Thanks and video? it doesn't seems to fade fully with the volume.

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 3:20 pm
djtouchdan wrote :
Craig, can you send me a couple of the problematic samples?

I can but they are just standard 320kbps MP3 files and Windows PCM WAV files. Nothing special about them whatsoever.

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 3:26 pm
cesarcastillo wrote :
DJ_Craig wrote :
There is an issue with sample playback. I get an audible pop/glitch at the end of some of my samples. Like someone turning off the mic on a desk or something like that. I checked the samples in the editor and they do not do it. Only when played back from the sample folder.

Hi Craig…after viewing your recorded files which you have shared to us, the pop/glitch on your recorded files are from the waves that popups at end that is encircled in blue in the screen below. I have tested my xone dx and traktor s4 it does not have this problems it is maybe from the hardware or controller that you are using. Let me try and do some more test with some other hardware. Which controller are you using?

Novation Twitch using ASIO. I also tried using my Realtek soundcard with WASAPI and it does the same.

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 3:27 pm
Sorry to seperate the posts I want to keep things clear and seperate.

I have a bigger issue right now. Most of my cue points from v7 are messed up. Deleting them is a right pain. For some reason when I hit shift + cue pad to delete the cue point it ignores it and starts the track. If I continue to hold the shift and retry it just keeps starting the track from that point which is incorrect now due to the v7 cue bug. If I let the shift key go and try a couple more times it will eventually delete it. Creating a new cue point is not instantaneous either. Deleting it from the skin is easier.

I am looking for a way to mass delete all the old cue points from my tracks but am stumped on how to do so.

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 3:30 pm
the gains do not move at all, they are always at 12oclock. my set up is on auto gain,

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 3:45 pm
oh and another thing that comes to mind. would it be possible to use a snap shot of the video as the "cover" , it would be helpful to distinguish the videos from audio files and from eachother, i would prefer to use album cover for audio only

also would be helpful if it were possible to sselect from a variety of different snapshots of different times in the video, if its not clear to see what video it is using the default one.

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 3:54 pm
I cannot get it to recognize my mixer, and when I plug my mixer or it is says it's not connected and and I cannot scan rescan to find it. But it looks nice

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 4:09 pm
aubs123PRO InfinityMember since 2006
first impressions, a few problems with the native mapper for the mc3000 which im sure will get sorted out in the near future,
i like the new look of it and where its going, great work guys

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 4:10 pm
lucas569 wrote :
the gains do not move at all, they are always at 12oclock. my set up is on auto gain,

There's an options in settings for this. With V8 the auto-gain always set you Gain knob to 0 position.
If you like the old behavior back please change the "gainslidericludesautogain" option to NO

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 4:18 pm
i really like the simple skin of the tablet mode on my mac, is there a way to list the songs on the bottom like the way they look in mouse mode?

(thanks Phantom! )

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 4:19 pm
Wanted to start skinning. Does anyone know if PNG with Alpha is supported yet? If so, is there a wiki or can anyone quickly explain?

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 4:30 pm
Yes alpha is supported.

Skinning documents will be available soon.

If you have a specific question then i'm happy to answer it.

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 4:31 pm
Yes.
PNG with transparent graphics is supported
Until public release the best way to find out about skinning in V8 is to study the default skin.
Explanations for the skin SDK will come later down the road :)

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 4:32 pm
Is there an option to disable Videos?

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 4:47 pm
On the browser ? Click on the white dot above text resize buttons. Then select Show only->Audio

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 4:55 pm
Thanks! and I did see that LOL

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 4:57 pm
It's been fantastic for my plugged in my mc 6000 and away it went I have used it today for 10 hrs with out a problem . Now getting used to all the new features . Well done guys

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 5:08 pm
burnyabad wrote :
PachN wrote :
burnyabad wrote :
PachN wrote :
burnyabad wrote :

ARE YOU KIDDING ME? THEY PROMISED THE SAMPLERS WOULD BE FIXIN IN VDJ 8 USING THE DDJ-SX/SZ. IF THIS IS STILL AN ISSUE, I CAN PROMISE YOU MOST OF US WILL GO BACK TO SERATO WHERE SAMPLER VOLUME HAS NEVER EVER EVER EVER BEEN AN ISSUE.

Like: Can you play *shitysong* please? Everbody wants to hear it!

What are your problems with the sampler?

capable of READING?

You edited you post.
At first it ended after serato...

But you haven't answered my question.
And you still remeber that this version is pre-release version, and not the final release verision?
So if you find any bugs, don't start screaming. Report it!

Sorry, I actually redidted that reply but it didnt take. The samper problem with our ddj-sx/sz is the same problem we had with version 7. 100% volume when applying a sample using the sample pads on our controller. THIS HAS NEVER EVER BEEN AN ISSUE IN SERATO OR TRACTOR BUT LOW AND BEHOLD, ITS THE SAME EFFING PROBLEM IN V8 AS V7.

In 8 you have to set each samples volume, you can now do this in the tree. You select the sample and change the gain of the sample. Once set VDJ will remember your volume. If you try to do this in the lower right area of the skin it is temporary.

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 5:16 pm
will there be any way to make the browser text a bit bigger? ?

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 6:10 pm
is there a way to remove the cover art next to the time remaining corners?

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 6:16 pm
37%