Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: VirtualDJ iRemote for iPhone/iPad/iPod - Page: 13

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Pat_DJPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Thanks kradcliffe for the update.

Might need to look for making one myself.

Posted Mon 20 Jun 11 @ 9:32 am
johansPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Hi,

Have a few questions:
Is it possible to connect two ipads at the same time, one for the left and one for right deck, with a touch screen in the middle that only shows the browser.
What skin would be the best for this functionality.

Do the Ipads needs to be equal. (both ipad or both ipad2?
Do you need to purchase the vdj app 2 times? one for each ipad.

Currently i'm using my itouch connected on a desktop PC via a USB wifi adaptor from D-link, ad-hoc remote connection. This works fine.
Will this work with 2 ipads connected to the same wifi adapter or do I need two adapters?

Anyone expierienced with this?

Sorry for all the questions but before I jump into it, I want to know the details.

Posted Mon 20 Jun 11 @ 3:27 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Yes, you may use 2 ipads at the same time. No need to be the same model, and no need to purchase iRemote twice, as you may both sync them with iTunes and load the application on both of them.

For skins, you may use this for the ipads ..
http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/12816/iPad_Deck.html

If you want just the browser in the middle screen you may use any skin you like and choose the zoom_browser mode, or use a touchscreen skin like this.
http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/12737/VirtualTouch_X-Wide.html

Posted Tue 21 Jun 11 @ 8:53 am
I've just been asked whether the iPad remote app supports MIDI controllers....

Specifically the Numark DJ2GO.

I thought it was a bit odd wanting to plug in a controller when the idea is to have a touchscreen remote, but I tried it anyway
and it doesn't work. It appears that the VDJ app doesn't have support for Core MIDI (which came with iOS 4.2).

Any plans for support?

Posted Wed 22 Jun 11 @ 7:16 am
iRemote is a remote control for VirtualDJ only.

You cannot plug other MIDI controllers such as the DJ2GO into the iPad to use them. These must be plugged directly into your PC or Mac that is running VirtualDJ.

NOTE: iRemote also cannot be used stand-alone. It is not a full DJ app and will only function when linked to an actual PC or Mac running VirtualDJ.

Posted Wed 22 Jun 11 @ 7:50 am
Yes I realise that!

The question refers to whether it's possible to control the remote app using a MIDI device rather than the touch screen.

If you're not planning to offer support for Core MIDI just say! Doesn't bother me, I was asking on behalf of another DJ.

Posted Wed 22 Jun 11 @ 1:46 pm
No, this is not currently possible. It acts as a touch-screen remote controller for VirtualDJ only.

However, other capabilities might be possible in the future.

Please note that we cannot tell you what features will or will not be included in the next or future versions of VirtualDJ. Details of future updates are not disclosed prior to public release to avoid disappointment should it not be possible to meet the deadline or include the feature for any reason. If you or the other user who you asked on behalf of would like to see this feature in a future version of VirtualDJ, please ask in the wishes and new features forum: http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/18/Wishes_and_new_features.html

Posted Wed 22 Jun 11 @ 2:24 pm
I am having an issue at a gig using the Virtual DJ app. At home on wifi I can use it just fine, but at the gig I can't. The laptop is connected to the wifi and I can browse the web, same as on the iphone. The wifi on the laptop is set to Home ( not work or public) just like at home. Anyone know why the app just keeps saying "trying to locate virtual dj" ? Once again, all i do is go home and the phone and the computer automatically connect to the wifi and I can use the app. At my gig they both connect also but they don't see each other.
Thanks
Sean J

Posted Wed 22 Jun 11 @ 5:32 pm
..and if i create an ad-hoc it doesn't let me use the internet at the same time...well at least the way im doing it ;-)

iphone 3g
windows 7 home premium 64
Thanks

-Sean J

Posted Wed 22 Jun 11 @ 5:34 pm
johansPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Djdad,

Thanks for the information on using 2 ipads & the skin info.

Johans

Posted Fri 24 Jun 11 @ 10:07 am
djmarkePRO InfinityMember since 2006
Finally got an iphone and have this hooked up. Very cool and useful but somebody has to give money back to the dum dums on itunes that bought the program but don't have VDJ or a computer. It really brings the ratings for the program down and I almost didn't buy it because of the ratings on the app store. I'm literally laughing at some of those comments. Of course I should understand this now. I sold an older computer on ebay the other day and I got an email from someone asking if the wifi was wireless :)

Posted Sat 02 Jul 11 @ 7:32 am

Posted Sat 02 Jul 11 @ 9:12 am
I just downloaded VDJ Remote (b18) on my iPhone (3G) while running VDJ ver. 7.0.2 on my Windows 7 (32-bit) laptop. The VDJ Remote just gives "Trying to Locate VirtualDJ" and then times out after about 5 minutes. In VDJ on my laptop, I do not see any devices listed in the Config>iPhone/iPad screen to enable. My wi-fi is working on both the laptop and iPhone normally. Do I need to do anything in iTunes on the laptop or in my wi-fi settings?

Posted Sun 03 Jul 11 @ 8:23 pm

Posted Mon 04 Jul 11 @ 10:19 am
I went to this website (http://www.fromdjs4djs.com/virtual-dj-iremote/) as you suggested and did everything in the procedure, listed below. My results matched all the steps, except in the crucial step 9, where no devices were found in VDJ on my laptop. My results of each step are listed in [ ] at the end of each step.

Any more advice?

1.Download and install the latest iTunes for your Mac or PC or open up iTunes and click Help/Check for Updates [I had iTunes 11 with the latest updates already]
2.If you are using a Windows PC – Download Bonjour Network Services by Apple [It was already installed on my laptop via iTunes 11]
3.If you have already PAID for Virtual DJ – download the latest update to Virtual DJ 7.0.2 (this is VERY important, the iRemote will NOT work with ANY other version other then 7.0.2, so if you have Virtual DJ 6.0, it will not work [I already have VDJ 7.0.2 installed]
4.If you have NOT paid for VDJ, you can download the newest free version of 7.0.2 which will work perfectly – Download here
5.Now you need to download and install Virtual DJ iRemote on your iPhone or iPad (pretty sure this will work on iPod touch as well) – Download here from your iPhones or iPad for $9.99 (well worth it!) [I already did]
6.Now you need to connect your iPhone/iPad to your Laptop. The easiest way is to connect your laptop AND iPhone/iPad to the same wireless network you use at your home. If this is what you want, proceed to step 8, if you want to use this at a gig without an internet connection, proceed to step 7. [Used step 7 procediure]
7.If you want to use this outside of the house without a wireless network follow this step. For Windows users, click here and complete only Step 1. For mac users, click here and complete the first 40 seconds of the video. Once you created your own network, you need to connect to it on your iPhone/iPad. [Created new AdHoc network on my laptop and also added it to my iPhone, including name and password]
8.Now that BOTH your laptop (with VDJ 7.0.2 running) and your iPhone/iPad are connected to your wireless network, open up the new Virtual DJ and click “Config” (on the top right for PCs). Click on the new tab on top that says “iPhone/iPad”, and put a checkmark on the “Enabled” box. Leave this window open for the next step. [Did this]
9.Start Virtual DJ Remote on your iPad/iPhone and it will search for your computer. Go back to your laptop and you SHOULD see your device. Click on it and click “Connect”. [Did NOT see any devices]
10.Load up 2 tracks on each deck and GO CRAZY! The samples you can use are the first 4 on your laptop, the effect is the one you have selected on your laptop, and you can switch tracks based on the playlist you are currently in on your laptop.

Posted Mon 04 Jul 11 @ 5:38 pm
I had some troubles personally in the past using the Ad-hoc connection. The WPA protocol never worked for me. Try tihe WEP protocol and carefully create the password using the tips, you will get.

Also make sure that no Firewall or Antivirus are enabled to block the connection.

Posted Mon 04 Jul 11 @ 9:37 pm
Thanks for the reminders. It finally worked!

I forgot to turn off my anti-virus software (AVG) and turn off my Windows firewall. I am also using WEP security over the AdHoc network I created. It's a little daunting to set up, but it is worth the wait.

FYI - Where do you report a bug? I noticed that in the mixer mode on the Remote VDJ, once you slide the slider to the right deck, you can't manually slide it back to the left. You have to use the "Automix" function to move it to the left deck. Once it's on the left deck, you can manually move the slider to the right (or wherever). To me this is a major problem if the mixer doesn't work right!

Posted Wed 06 Jul 11 @ 9:47 pm
CTMobileDJ wrote :

FYI - Where do you report a bug? I noticed that in the mixer mode on the Remote VDJ, once you slide the slider to the right deck, you can't manually slide it back to the left. You have to use the "Automix" function to move it to the left deck. Once it's on the left deck, you can manually move the slider to the right (or wherever). To me this is a major problem if the mixer doesn't work right!

Absolutely no issue here.

Posted Wed 06 Jul 11 @ 10:04 pm
Well i have just bought my First Iphone this week and am up and running with the app surprisingly easy (im really not that good with IT). I run stripped down version of XP Sp3 and had to quickly google how to set up an 'adhoc' which worked fine. I have used the app with both wireless systems (normal home wireless and adhoc) and have to say its bloody marvelous, just what i needed

Well done people

some may says its a novelty thing but for me its extremely practicle as i do quite a few kids parties and need to be out front for the majority of my work while managing my music. Have just told my 13yr old daughter her DJ career may come to a swift end :)

Posted Fri 08 Jul 11 @ 5:41 pm
AsTheDJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Just got my new phone ( Iphone) and down load the app from iTunes /And upload DjDad skin +++++1 Nice Job 2 VDj for doing the 1st IRemote & I will be using this weekend live @ the club.If they Can't Run With The Big Dogg ( Aka VDj ) Then Stay On The

Posted Wed 13 Jul 11 @ 3:26 pm
70%