Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: VirtualDJ iRemote for iPhone/iPad/iPod - Page: 14

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

I've just purchased an iPhone 4 and downloaded the remote app from the apple store.

I 've turned on VDJ and enabled remote in iPhone tab and initialized the app on the phone.

I just get "trying to locate virtual DJ"

I'm running a desktop (Running XP Pro) connected thru a "Wireless Broadband Wifi/LAN Router" to the internet, the PC connects thru a LAN cable, and my iPhone thru wifi to the "Wireless Broadband Wifi/LAN Router".

I have no experience with networks or setting them up could someone please walk me thru the setup .... Cheers

Posted Wed 13 Jul 11 @ 9:00 pm
AsTheDJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
dj-in-norway wrote :
How to setup the App

Make sure you are connected to Wifi on PC and Ipad/iPhone

-> In VirtualDJ settings, go to Remote tab -> check "ENABLE"
-> Start the app on your iDevice

The app will now say "Waiting for approval"

In VirtualDJ settings -> Remote Tab -> Choose your iDevice, and choose ALLOW

You need all Wifi to Work.

Posted Wed 13 Jul 11 @ 10:10 pm
Followed all the above steps but, I just get "trying to locate virtual DJ" on the iPhone.
I Know very little about wifi or networks, I'm not sure if my hardware will do the job.
I have wireless broadband modem provided thru my local Mobile phone company Uses same system as AT&T in the states.
Integrated into that modem is a Wireless Wifi Router that I can connect various Wifi devices thru as well as 4 LAN cable ports.
Thats all working as In browse the internet on computer with a LAN connection, and also thru my Modem/wifi router via wifi using the iPhone.

Is this hardware configuration ok, do I need to set this up in some way or do I need something else in the way of hardware??

Cheers

Posted Wed 13 Jul 11 @ 11:16 pm

Posted Thu 14 Jul 11 @ 5:36 am
I've followed these steps outlined exactly and with no result.

I'm using this device ... http://www.netcomm.com.au/netcomm-products/bigpond/3g21wb

Connected to the computer via LAN cable ( the computer does not have its own wifi card or usb)
the iPhone is however connected thru wifi to this device.

Either .... I need to set something up in the 3g21

OR I need to connect the computer and iPhone directly together via wifi (not using LAN cable), buy a wifi card / usb

Posted Thu 14 Jul 11 @ 7:24 am
Day 1: OK My new Iphone got a week ago hook it to VDj,played with it and Dj Dad skin+1 for 3 days, now I set in for a Dj on my night off (Fridays)@ a sports bar & club and he didn't inform me that the Dj booth was Hot W/no fan & playing upstairs. Lucky I had a fan and VDj/Iphone and a wireless mic.

Day 2: Im am the house Dj at my regular club on saturday night,but Saturday morning a friend call me and ask me to Dj for his Family Reunion @ the park and also to do the recreation that night.VDj was a hit At the park and @ the sports bar W/the Iphone NO Cut OUTS or LOCK Ups,and the Coverage was a 5 star. with my own net-gear wireless router.

Posted Sun 17 Jul 11 @ 4:17 pm
nitebeatdisco wrote :
I\'ve followed these steps outlined exactly and with no result.

I\'m using this device ... http://www.netcomm.com.au/netcomm-products/bigpond/3g21wb

Connected to the computer via LAN cable ( the computer does not have its own wifi card or usb)
the iPhone is however connected thru wifi to this device.

Either .... I need to set something up in the 3g21

OR I need to connect the computer and iPhone directly together via wifi (not using LAN cable), buy a wifi card / usb

Make sure there is a iphone folder or file in your VDj skins.On my pc it didn\'t work with out that iphone folder,but on my Mac there is a folder in VDj skins for iphone.

Posted Sun 17 Jul 11 @ 4:24 pm
Thanks for your reply ... yes there is an iphone folder under skins although it is empty.

Posted Sun 17 Jul 11 @ 6:31 pm
NITEBEATDISCO did you got it ?

Posted Fri 29 Jul 11 @ 5:54 pm
Yes the file/folder is there but still not working i'm not sure if its a hardware issue or just the correct setting up of the software.
My computer is connected to the Routergateway via LAN cable does this need to be configured or something, or does the computer need to be connected to its own PCI / USB wifi device as well, maybe I will need to buy one and test it out some more.

Posted Sat 30 Jul 11 @ 12:52 am
Ok, how long are we going to have to wait for the same app on the Android platform?

There are better phone than the Iphone and better tablets than the I pad out there. Please don't keep us waiting!

Balvinder -- DJ Bally
Atlanta GA
USA

Posted Wed 03 Aug 11 @ 12:30 pm
Exclusive100 wrote :

There are better phone than the Iphone and better tablets than the I pad out there.

Opinions are like butt holes, everybody has one.

There ARE other phones and tablets out there but none with the support and sales to even come close to Apple. I have an EVO from Sprint. Hate it! If I want a phone with a cord I could use my office phone! I am finally seeing the light that Apple is just THE way to go. You pay for it up front but have less problems in comparison.

There are so many people cry and moaning because VDJ does not have an android app out....then write it yourself and sell it to them. They are busy enough. If more people would pay for VDJ instead of downloading cracked versions of it, then they might have enough money to support other avenues besides the ones that make the most sense.

Best wishes in your pursuit of software....

Posted Fri 05 Aug 11 @ 6:49 am
Up until I got an iphone 4 thru my son, I to wanted a android but what version 2.1, 2.2, 3.0 beginning to look a little like lenex with all its different flavours.
Now I have a iphone I love it and doubt I'll "downgrade" to any other phone in the foreseeable future, even if I still cannot get the app to work, although I freely acknowledge its not the app or virtualDJ but rather a lack of understanding on my part of wifi and networks.

Posted Fri 05 Aug 11 @ 8:05 pm
Try going some were there is free wifi ( I-hop ) and take your computer and iphone and log on your free wifi then/VDj & you need the app on your iphone and enabled devices in settings.Make sure your iphone is update ( Itunes ).

Posted Sun 07 Aug 11 @ 4:15 pm
Ok First off I LOVE this little app...lets me be more interactive with my crowd or use the bathroom!!! Yes I was my hands after!!

Now my only problem is if I connect the remote to step out the booth? when I try t go back to using my controller (VMS4) I cannot? it becomes unresponsive the controller that it? and some times the IRemote makes my VDJ flip out so I have to shut it down the app..but still my VDJ on my Laptop is unresponsive.....I have to close out VDJ on my laptop and restart it to get my controller to work again? any Idea's?

Posted Mon 08 Aug 11 @ 12:02 pm
Well My VDJ shut down with the dance floor full one night.(2week ago) but now when I use my Iphone & VDj I close all App on my iphone by hit the home key 2time then close all App on my phone.When I running my Iphone & VDj I will close all programs & App(my computer & Iphone ).And now don't log off my network until I have something for back to play just in case.

Posted Mon 08 Aug 11 @ 9:18 pm
blthltPRO InfinityMember since 2008
anyone understand the previous posters comment?

Posted Thu 11 Aug 11 @ 7:23 pm
yep sounds reasonable, he dosnt want to have any other programs running in the background of either his gig pc or iphone, or disconnnect from network while running VDJ/Remote.
These precautions are a great ideal when running a live gig machine, backup for gigs is a good idea as well, saves embarising silence while you reboot your PC.

Posted Thu 11 Aug 11 @ 8:33 pm
fkwildPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Can someone make this installation crystal clear as I have app on my iphone and would really like to try this out!

Posted Mon 15 Aug 11 @ 11:28 pm

Posted Tue 16 Aug 11 @ 7:27 am
75%