Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: SBDJ ScrollText - Page: 22

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Please read the sticky post under plugins re "missing controls, read this first"......

Posted Tue 23 Nov 10 @ 12:27 pm
yeah I'm back!...had a freak accident last nite,triped over something and my fone went into orbit,so did the Lappy but its O.k...new fone though...lol...so as huey says...its the way Vdj handles this plugins,I'm not just firetext or scrolltext.

Posted Tue 23 Nov 10 @ 9:43 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
I've managed to work around it now :)

What I do need though is repeatable steps on how to replicate the issue whereby the GUI is blank, but messages are still scrolling.

Posted Wed 24 Nov 10 @ 5:52 am
I will text tomorrow (today in about 14 hours from now..he,he) had to shop for a new phone...last one? capputs !!! scraped my 1 million dollar shin too...lucky it was'nt a manhole...lol...

Posted Wed 24 Nov 10 @ 6:39 am
SBDJ wrote :
I've managed to work around it now :)

What I do need though is repeatable steps on how to replicate the issue whereby the GUI is blank, but messages are still scrolling.

I tested lastnight and I couldn't get it to do it with your plugin but that other 1 that scrolls like 10 things does it ever time.

Hope that helps in some way.
Huey

Posted Wed 24 Nov 10 @ 7:11 am
OK, hopefully halo_djk will be able to. I haven't posted the update yet though ;)

Posted Wed 24 Nov 10 @ 7:23 am
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
I can't reproduce it either.
Another small glitch :
I load a saved set where the text vertical position slider is full to the right.
Activating a message do not show anything at the screen, but i find out it's because text is out of (screen) range.
If i move the slider to the middle and then activate a message nothing happens. I need to go to the slider again and click on it or move it slightly to update the position.

And just noticed, at the message list, spacebar cycle between the active messages while tab key cycle between all messages.
So we have some working shortcuts already. Just add "Enter" to toggle on/off a message and maybe a toggle ALL off, and it's ready i suppose..

Posted Wed 24 Nov 10 @ 10:10 am
apopsis wrote :
I can't reproduce it either.
Another small glitch :
I load a saved set where the text vertical position slider is full to the right.
Activating a message do not show anything at the screen, but i find out it's because text is out of (screen) range.
If i move the slider to the middle and then activate a message nothing happens. I need to go to the slider again and click on it or move it slightly to update the position.

I'd noticed that too; I've addressed it in the new version, but thats because it's an entirely different rendering engine. I can put in place a fix here too though I think.

Posted Wed 24 Nov 10 @ 1:42 pm
wha? no quotes from me?...he...O.k. will check..but as you's allready know,the problem is there...

Posted Wed 24 Nov 10 @ 7:52 pm
As far as I can tell there is no way to guarantee a blank window, its very random. It seems to like having a collection of other plugins running over the top, this seems to help the blank window along somewhat when you go back to scroltext to look at the window.

My other test found that the sliders do in fact return to the default places, along with the blank window. Last night when the window went blank, I checked the sliders, they were all pretty much to the left except the top one, that was one notch across. The plugin was still running, and when I reloaded the tsb file, all the sliders moved to the times and delays I have set. So it would appear that the entire plugin is appearing freshly loaded, yet its actually running underneath with settings that are completely different from what can be visually observed.

Next test will see what happens when I move a slider after the window goes blank, does a moved slider still manipulate the running plugin, or does nothing happen?

Posted Thu 25 Nov 10 @ 12:34 am
Agree.its like everything gets reseted.this is just theory,scott knows how i like to theorize...,but maybe not having a way to save (and/or) the settings in to memories (patches?) they resolt to default? again just a theory...(or a plugin idea?)..

Posted Thu 25 Nov 10 @ 5:03 am
Hi guys! Been using virtual dj for a while but never really used the plugins much except for karaoke plugin. Lately I have been looking to do a little more so I started to play with plugins. I ran into a KJ at a local venue and he was doing something nice and I would like to reproduce it. He had messages scrolling on the top of his video screen but it wasn't blocking anything it was above everything else on the screen. I believe this can be done with this plugin. But what I can't figure out is he had his logo leading and trailing his messages and I cannot figure out how he did it. Do you think it was this plugin he used or something else?

Thanks,

John

Posted Thu 02 Dec 10 @ 12:08 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
You can run at the same time the ScrollText plugin and the ShowLogo plugin (both video plugins). You can place your logo on the top left or right corner of your screen and the Scroll text at the top or bottom, without blogging your karaoke lyrics.

Posted Thu 02 Dec 10 @ 12:19 pm
Thanks for the response DJDad. That isn't bad but I believe his logo wasn't stationary it was scrolling with the text, unless I had too many drinks at the time.

Thanks,

John

Posted Thu 02 Dec 10 @ 12:36 pm
Maybe its a FireText feature for which you have to ask in the Firetext plugin thread.

Posted Thu 02 Dec 10 @ 1:42 pm
...??????

Posted Mon 13 Dec 10 @ 4:18 am
Eh?

Posted Mon 13 Dec 10 @ 1:44 pm
I love those dialogues !!!

Posted Mon 13 Dec 10 @ 4:24 pm
Someone needs a new Keyboard, seems only two of his keys work!?

Posted Mon 13 Dec 10 @ 10:41 pm
turn that around Scott to..."he"? ;-)

Posted Tue 14 Dec 10 @ 11:25 pm
72%