Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: SBDJ ScrollText - Page: 21

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Sounds like you have problems with your computer unrelated to VirtualDJ I'm afraid. There is no way that ScrollText could do anything like that.

Posted Sat 20 Nov 10 @ 8:27 am
There is nothing wrong with the compression of the skin either. Sounds like a virus of some sort on your machine.

I suggest starting a new thread if you need help, not really relevant to this thread. Hope you sort it though.

Posted Sat 20 Nov 10 @ 9:13 am
Not blaming you guys,my buddies!...but why this now...thought i got Rid of it but it came back today as i tried to login and input the number at the en of my password.ran registry cleaner,no joy.ran spybot (only cause its quicker than my anti virus programs,adware which wants me to upgrade as of late,and Advast)and it stopped.at least did'nt have to spend 4 hours trying to stop it like last nite.a buddy just told me he will give me a copy of windows 7.so i can wipe the drive clean and start all over if its a virus.what u think? running vista home premium sp2.

Posted Sat 20 Nov 10 @ 8:58 pm
and sorry for highjackin but it happenned after messing with the scrolltext and syntax...anyways..

Posted Sat 20 Nov 10 @ 11:12 pm
all fixed.its adawre trying to scare me into paying...jeezzz..ha,ha...So Scott,you close to finishing that bad boy yet?...can wait!

Posted Sun 21 Nov 10 @ 8:20 pm
Something I have noticed is that the plugin comes up blank after a hour or so of use. IE the plugin is loaded, but appears like it does right after a load, no messages shown in messages window ect, but the plugin still is running, and showing them on screen. I suspect this is actually VDJ not scroltext, but I'm unsure.

IE,
Load VDJ.
Apply plugin
Load a TSB file (messages appear, plugin starts.)
Go back to browser, play some music.
Go back to effects, click Scroltext.
Empty Messages window appears (all buttons ect still there too), but plugin is still running.

Noticed this for quite a while, I just re-load the TSB file (TSB is that the right extn!? Never mind my memory, its the right file), then edit the message I wanted to edit. I guess it also means you should save after every edit, as I'm not sure if saving when the window is blank will create a blank save file.

Posted Sun 21 Nov 10 @ 9:12 pm
Thats odd, I can't say I've noticed that. Anyone else?

Posted Mon 22 Nov 10 @ 4:08 am
huh yeah? dont know not connected right now but i believe i got that behavior from not just the previous version but also the firetext plugin and some others.say you set it up,go do or start another plugin,then go back,the plug ins appear to be empty,no text or template loaded.i just figured it was a vdj bug but now that its mentioned...

Posted Mon 22 Nov 10 @ 6:17 am
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
SBDJ wrote :

Yes something like that, (actually i deleted a message about this by accident before send it to you the other day -)
For me it looks more a refresh problem or something like this, when you switch between the main program and the plugin, or the plugin tabs itself.
First, sometimes messages seem to have the wrong toggle status. That means you can see the asterisk but it is false.
Also this can happen when you load a saved config file.
At my last karaoke gig i had this: when the list of the messages was long enough and i had to scroll down to see the last messages (as i type messages on the fly), the last messages had the asterisk (toggle on) but didn't show on the screen. So i had to move them up some places and/or try toggle on-off again)

I hope this helps.

Another bad habit... when you switch to another video plugin such as clipbank and back (using skin's dropdown) the list of the messages is empty... they deleted (plugin reset) somehow, and you need to reload a config file or write messages again.
Just try to switch video effects using the dropdown selection of a skin.

Posted Tue 23 Nov 10 @ 12:39 am
Scott, about my keyboard shortcuts suggestions we talked before.
It is mainly the 'performance' functions we need shortcuts for.
These are : Toggle on/off, Move up/down, activate.

What i see is that when you click and use the plugin, actually you enter an 'edit' mode and the plugin has full control of the shortcuts internally.
So it is meaningless to use a global (mapped) shortcut. Keyboard is dedicated to the plugin, only controller actions are working.
That's the way vdj is handle plugins i suppose and looks like a bug to me, as i want my keyboard shortcuts to be available at any time.

But anyway, (until this changed or fixed), in this plugin 'internal edit mode' i expect to:
- use the arrow keys to select a message [already possible],
- then press spacebar (or enter or tab) to toggle the selected message on/off,
- Have another option (button and shortcut) to toggle all messages off (toggle reset ?)...
- And something like shift+up/down to move the selected message up or down in the list.

Plugin activate is handled by the global shortcuts, so its not possible there, unless you go to the browser or use a controller action, i'm afraid.
Something for the dev. team to look at.

What do you think ?

Posted Tue 23 Nov 10 @ 2:40 am
apopsis wrote :
SBDJ wrote :

Another bad habit... when you switch to another video plugin such as clipbank and back (using skin's dropdown) the list of the messages is empty... they deleted (plugin reset) somehow, and you need to reload a config file or write messages again.

So for you when the message list appears empty the plugin has stopped showing messages?
For me when this happens, the messages keep scrolling, the plugin appears to be fully functioning, but the actual plugin window looks like nothing is loaded.

Posted Tue 23 Nov 10 @ 3:47 am
When i use the default skin -main video effect dropdown under the preview video-, one plugin at the time can be used so the old plugin is deactivated and the new is activated. This way, scrolltext messages are stopped because the plugin is deactivated, thats normal.
But when i switch again to the scrolltext, messages are gone.

Using the effects page it is possible to activate more video fx at the same time, so messages are kept, unless i manually deactivate scrolltext and then click and activate another plugin. If i click to go back to scrolltext, messages are gone.
This last scenario is very common.

Posted Tue 23 Nov 10 @ 4:31 am
apopsis wrote :

As far as I can tell when you use the skin dropdown with video effects, the effect you are changing from gets Release() called from VDJ, so it has to quit. When you reselect the video effect VDJ then calls OnLoad() to load it fresh. The only way I can see of countering this is to always automatically reload the last list of messages?

Posted Tue 23 Nov 10 @ 4:53 am
apopsis wrote :
Using the effects page it is possible to activate more video fx at the same time, so messages are kept, unless i manually deactivate scrolltext and then click and activate another plugin. If i click to go back to scrolltext, messages are gone.
This last scenario is very common.

This again is very similar to the above problem. There seems to be two different ways VDJ does this one:

* If you insert messages into scrolltext but never activate the plugin, then you click onto another plugin VDJ calls Release() on ScrollText.
* If you insert messages into scrolltext and activate, then deactivate, then activate a new plugin VDJ calls Release() on ScrollText.

Posted Tue 23 Nov 10 @ 4:59 am
In my case, nothing is being deactivated, Im simply leaving the effects page, then returning to a running yet blank Scroltext UI.

If its appearing in FireText too it would be a VDJ issue, and theres nothing to fix with Scroltext. Even if it were a scroltext issue, it may well not even be present in V2, thus still nothing to fix =)

Posted Tue 23 Nov 10 @ 7:15 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
If it helps, none of our users have reported this problem.

Posted Tue 23 Nov 10 @ 8:37 am

Seems The Tracker may have had it appear in Firetext. Could it be a VDJ issue with text boxes, on certain systems? I might have a look the next time it happens and see if the sliders still appear where they were set, or if they have reset to home like a freshly loaded plugin (IE along with the text box)

thetracker510 wrote :
huh yeah? dont know not connected right now but i believe i got that behavior from not just the previous version but also the firetext plugin and some others.say you set it up,go do or start another plugin,then go back,the plug ins appear to be empty,no text or template loaded.i just figured it was a vdj bug but now that its mentioned...

Had this issue appear on XP Pro, on two PCs
and one W7 x64 PC, the other hasn't run the plugin long enough to show the symptoms.
Note I usually run ShowCover over the top of Scroltext, so its the plugin left on display in the EFFECTS Tab of VDJ.

Posted Tue 23 Nov 10 @ 9:07 am
It also happens with the other scrolling plugin, the where you can have like 10 things scrolling. Setup the plugin get it running switch to browser then back to the plugin page and everything is gone but the plugin is still running.

Huey

Posted Tue 23 Nov 10 @ 10:20 am
It also happens with the other scrolling plugin, the where you can have like 10 things scrolling. Setup the plugin get it running switch to browser then back to the plugin page and everything is gone but the plugin is still running.

Huey

Posted Tue 23 Nov 10 @ 10:21 am
As everyone is loving this plug in, I went and downloadd it from the site. I think it's installed right, but once I try to use it I get this error:

Can't start because d3dx9_42.dll missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the prgram to fix this problem.

Any ideas how I can fix this and use Scott's wonderful plug in?

hi guys....

we (friend and i ) got the same problem.....

had scotts program working great last night....he installed a new printer today and its went to hell.

d3dx9_42.dll missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the prgram to fix this problem(tryed that ) ...this is for scrolltext .

he's on wimdows 7 ultimate....i thought it came with direct x 11 or something ?.

confused...it was working fine last night !

any help

cheers

Posted Tue 23 Nov 10 @ 10:43 am
69%