Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: SBDJ ScrollText - Page: 23

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
Quick question about scroll text as I can't seem to find this answer. I know it requires the runtime libraries and direct X 9 which I have downloaded and used on my back up laptop and all works fine there. Then I tried to install it on my Win 7 64 bit gig machine and can't seem to find the direct X and runtimes to install for 64bit. Any idea?

I forget the error I got when executing the normal ones but would love some feed back before I go and do something wrong to my main gig machine. Thanks

Posted Sun 19 Dec 10 @ 11:44 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
go to ms site and search directx 9 and it will take you to the page

Posted Sun 19 Dec 10 @ 12:41 pm
Thanks, seems like they point me to the same place that the Plugin Forum Sticky does. I will try the files again when I get the gear set up again.

Posted Sun 19 Dec 10 @ 6:38 pm
Works now. I think the sticky link was for DX9 updates. I thought it was the DX9 install.

I found the DX9 install at MS's site (thanks Tayla) and Scroll Text worked first shot. Thanks for sorting me out.

Posted Wed 22 Dec 10 @ 9:08 am
Scott, Is there any idea when the new update will be released...? Just love scrolltext and I'm keen to tryout some of the new 3D stuff as well as the SMS to screen option. Keep up the good work you are a legend with the plugins you create.

Posted Tue 28 Dec 10 @ 2:00 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
It's still coming. Been a busy period with xmas, family issues and lots of medical stuff so I haven't got a great deal done recently I'm afraid.

Posted Tue 28 Dec 10 @ 10:24 pm
atfmdjPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Please don't beat me up on this but... Does anyone know how to make this work with a droid phone. Do I have do set up a link for the plugin to see the phone? or do I have to copy and paste.

Posted Wed 29 Dec 10 @ 1:31 pm
The public version of ScrollText doesn't work with mobile phones.

Posted Wed 29 Dec 10 @ 2:47 pm
Is there anything that does? I use a droid and I can't get Firetext to work with it.

Posted Thu 30 Dec 10 @ 9:50 am
I thought FireText had a droid app you could use with it now?

Posted Thu 30 Dec 10 @ 6:29 pm
I tried firetext but I couldn't get it to work with the droid

Posted Thu 30 Dec 10 @ 10:54 pm
I thought Firetext was the VDJ plugin that worked on the PC end, to receive sms's from any phone and display them on the screens with VDJ. No software is required on the users phones, but the DJs phone needs to be compatible with firetext to forward the recieved messages on to the PC.

As far as I know there is no android compatible version, but your best bet would be to ask on the Firetext thread. Note that there is a free version of firetext, but from memory you need the paid version to use the phone features.

Posted Thu 30 Dec 10 @ 11:58 pm

Posted Fri 31 Dec 10 @ 12:55 am
Hi Scott,

Hope you had a good Xmas & New Year.

Just to find out how you are getting along with the update / new version as I can't wait to give this a try as It has gone down a storm in the club I play in.

I keep telling them just wait a few weeks and wait and see what new stuff will be happening and am dying to see the response.

Love your work.

Any feedback would be great.

Tom

Posted Tue 11 Jan 11 @ 7:07 pm
Hey Everyone. This is really cool. I am jacked up about this plugin....but I cant get it to work. The button lights up when clicked. What am I doing wrong??

Future Idea. Sound snips to accomodate the start of a messege or a delayed messege....ie: Set a "LAST CALL" messege to go off at a selectable time and have a selectable sound (FIRE ALARM BELL) or bite (THIS IS LAST CALL FOR ALCOHOL) to play to grab attention to the screen. Kind of an alarm-clock.

Posted Wed 19 Jan 11 @ 8:13 am
ciocePRO InfinityMember since 2004
Is there any way to set a Random vertical position of the scrolling text?

Posted Tue 08 Mar 11 @ 7:45 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Scott,
is it possible to add a couple of Next Song infos macros?

Like ..
Next ... #AUTOMIXNEXTARTIST - #AUTOMIXNEXTTITLE

We use this for skins.. format="`get automix_song 'author'` - `get automix_song 'title'`"

Thanks.

Posted Fri 25 Mar 11 @ 9:00 pm
Wha da Helllll??? hey Scott ! (Hey DAD check your PM's) can u Believe it? first Im getting Request for the skins Via youtube messages.Now they want me to send them a copy of ScrollText!!! what this Guys think? I got a reputation to maintain !!...LOL>>>SORRY...you nlu's I Luv you's but NO-CAN-DO....he,he

Posted Sun 27 Mar 11 @ 10:31 pm
Anyone caught sharing plugins and skins will definitely find themselves in my bad books.

I'd imagine Atomix don't take too kindly to it either, although I'm unsure what action would be taken.

I'm putting a whole load of effort into porting this to the Mac at the moment - see the Mac forum if you're interested. The Mac version is much more sophisticated than the current PC version, so once done I could port the changes back to PC.

Posted Sun 27 Mar 11 @ 10:42 pm
Dont worry SCott,they're defenetly not getting it from me...I dont Like the Idea Period!...in fact I feel Like pullin a "Chuck Norris" on them...BAM!!! Now what about that "vertical Scrolling?...think you might?

Posted Sun 27 Mar 11 @ 10:46 pm
76%