Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: SBDJ ScrollText - Page: 19

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
halo_djk wrote :
The only thing you cant change is the start or finish location.

Yet ;)

New version has that imlplemented already :)

Posted Sat 06 Nov 10 @ 6:00 am
Smarty pants... ;-)

Posted Sat 06 Nov 10 @ 6:06 am
Suggestion for V2.0, a #LOGO# & #COVER# macro. Would include a logo tab with size, and X and Y position (so the text can scroll into or out of the logo). These macros would fold the cover (or logo) out first (or with the background), scroll the text, then fold the cover back up again.

Two handy features would be a checkbox in the logo tab, to replace missing covers with the DJ logo instead automatically. Also a chroma key, to remove the background from the DJ logos only, (covers would look funny with bits missing and most are square anyway). Logo selection could be saved with the text file info.

Just a passing thought, as I'm pretty much doing this already but with two separate plugins, However video quality improved with the less video plugins you run. Also there is no time setting on showcover, the preset is too short, and when i turn off Fade, the boss complains because the cover is covering the video all the time. Doing it this way means you could show the cover, along with scrolling text about the title and artist, then do drink specials or club promos with the club logo, or DJ logo.

Posted Sun 07 Nov 10 @ 6:17 am
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
apopsis wrote :
SBDJ wrote :

* Fixed unicode from VDJ in #ARTIST#, #TITLE# and #COMMENT# macros.

Confirmed for Greek characters. !!!

BUT here is what i get when i load a saved config set...
Also when i tried to load a set saved from the previous version (1.5.5 i think) i got an error.

Posted Mon 08 Nov 10 @ 2:30 pm
For those that want to use the countdown macro, customized to your local time, try this converter. Not sure how permanent it is, but it's saved me having to manually adjust the time by 10 hours for every countdown I want to convert.

http://www.vk2zay.net/calculators/epochTimeConverter.php

Posted Tue 09 Nov 10 @ 2:21 am
Some feedback/ideas from me, as i try to find a good - quick and mouse-free use of the plugin (and i am .. a known mouse-hater).
What i'm trying to do recently at a weekly karaoke night is to participate by writing messages on the fly to the singers or the crowd.
What i need is ...speed.

While i am in the browser as usual to :
[1].press a keyboard shortcut and go directly to the add message ->then enter to add->activate...

or even better....

[2].press a keyboard shortcut and go to the existing messages -> use up/down arrows to select -> press enter or spacebar to toggle on/off ->then activate
-While i am in the existing messages use TAB to switch between : the message list and the text box to quick edit/update/add a message.
Also a quick toggle off all messages + keyboard key is a good idea.

I'm not sure if this is possible for a plugin but you got an idea what i'm thinking from the user point of view.

Posted Fri 12 Nov 10 @ 6:21 am
i would think it could be mapped with the new scripting?

Posted Fri 12 Nov 10 @ 6:27 am
I'll bear those comments in mind mate; fairly certain I can come up with something for you.

Posted Sat 13 Nov 10 @ 3:07 am
I've done some testing with save/load of unicode and haven't had any problems. If you're having problems can open your TSB file and see if it looks correct when saved?

Posted Sat 13 Nov 10 @ 3:15 am
SBDJ wrote :
I've done some testing with save/load of unicode and haven't had any problems. If you're having problems can open your TSB file and see if it looks correct when saved?

Not correct when saved, if open the files with notepad, greek characters displayed like ?????????
Tested on 2 pc's with windows xp.

I also tried to change the font within the plugin, tested arial, tahoma etc.
What is strange, on font selection popup, if i choose script 'greek' or any other language this is not saved.
Closing the popup and open it again it defaults to 'western'
Maybe that helps.

Posted Sat 13 Nov 10 @ 3:43 am
Can you post a message that works but won't save?

Posted Sat 13 Nov 10 @ 4:21 am
SBDJ wrote :
Can you post a message that works but won't save?

Every greek word... let's try this:

Καλή διασκέδαση

(or the same with caps on)
ΚΑΛΗ ΔΙΑΣΚΕΔΑΣΗ

I'm using Firefox 3.68

Posted Sat 13 Nov 10 @ 4:43 am
You're right - that doesn't work. Will have a look and see if I can find the cause!

Posted Sat 13 Nov 10 @ 10:48 am
If that helps, another user say, it's because the plugin can't save (or load) UTF-8

Posted Sat 13 Nov 10 @ 11:08 am
Indeed, but I couldn't immediately see why as obviously everything else is unicode.

I've managed to find the cause though and have written a fix; I'll upload once I've given it a thorough test.

Posted Sat 13 Nov 10 @ 12:15 pm
OK unicode problem is definitely fixed. I've got a few other changes to do before I release this version, should be tomorrow all being well.

Posted Sat 13 Nov 10 @ 12:23 pm
halo_djk wrote :
For those that want to use the countdown macro, customized to your local time, try this converter. Not sure how permanent it is, but it's saved me having to manually adjust the time by 10 hours for every countdown I want to convert.

You'll be happy to know that the new version has a macro builder so you won't need to worry about things like this ;)

Posted Sat 13 Nov 10 @ 2:27 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Is the Unicode Issue fixed? I tried tonight to load a saved file and i had ???????? instead of Greek Characters.

Vista 32bit GR

Posted Sat 13 Nov 10 @ 5:36 pm
SBDJ wrote :
OK unicode problem is definitely fixed. I've got a few other changes to do before I release this version, should be tomorrow all being well.

Thank you for this Scott, Greek and other non english users will appreciate it.
I will test the updated version when you upload it.
Maybe it's easy for you to add these toggle message on/off shortcuts finally.

Posted Sat 13 Nov 10 @ 5:55 pm
New version not uploaded just yet djdad. Just got in from my Sat residency. Bite to eat, bit of TV and a beer, bed and sort plugin tomorrow afternoon!

Posted Sat 13 Nov 10 @ 10:20 pm
63%