Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: SBDJ ScrollText - Page: 12

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
no, i thought he was on about the scroll text anthony that is on the header, oops...

Posted Thu 11 Jun 09 @ 1:16 pm
I meant the SMS scroll, it would have been so very nice to go ahead and play around with it.
I can't wait to finally go and test it on a gig,...

Greetings Rob

Posted Thu 11 Jun 09 @ 1:55 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
no sorry as far as i'm aware scott is fine tuning his sms system...

Posted Thu 11 Jun 09 @ 6:35 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
It's getting there, as I've said before it's been a complete rewrite from scratch with a bunch of new features. It's almost at the point whereby it's ready for me to test live :)

I'll be honest though, most of my spare time recently has been taken up trying to get the Supra back on the road and preparing to move house (again)...

Posted Thu 11 Jun 09 @ 10:03 pm
Hello y need SBDJ SCROLL TEXT. My mail is ***@*** . Thanks , i don't speak english !!!

Sorry, E-mail addresses and contact details are not allowed from unlicensed users.

Posted Mon 22 Jun 09 @ 6:02 pm
Sorry, plugins and other add-ons are only available to registered licensed users of VirtualDJ who have purchased the software.

To be able to download, you will need to purchase VirtualDJ and register your serial number: http://www.virtualdj.com/buy/index.html

Posted Mon 22 Jun 09 @ 6:30 pm
SBDJ,

Several times you told us that it would be ready.
But could you give us a date that it is ready for sure?

Posted Mon 22 Jun 09 @ 11:57 pm
No.

You're welcome to write your own plugin or use another solution.

Posted Tue 23 Jun 09 @ 5:22 am
SBDJ,

You can make great plugins and I don´t want to discuss that.
But.....you promised a lott of people several plugins.

For example:

The notepad plugin
The Cube video plugin
The sms plugin

I´m sure you promised more people plugins that you didn't make or finished

SBDJ I´m not agry or so but only want to make clear that you can´t promise everybody things you can´t fulfill.
Don't commit yourself to new things anymore, until the backlog is complete.

I wish you the best with all the good work you are doing, the people are very happy with your plugings that you make.
Me too, but I don´t like it if people don´t keep his promises.

Hopefully you know what I mean.

Best regards,

Dj Anthony

Posted Tue 23 Jun 09 @ 6:12 am
I wasnt going to comment on this thread, as i dont want it to turn into a debate.....BUT.

People like SBDJ and many others (including myself) that make plugins, skins and other addons for VDJ do so in THEIR time and at NO COST to other users. Most of us also have day jobs or other commitements that restrict the amount of time we can spend on VDJ development.

All i am asking is that you provide SBDJ with a bit more support, rather than jumping down his neck because he hasnt finished something you want. And as he said, if you are in that much of a rush for it then please feel free to write your own plugin in.

Posted Tue 23 Jun 09 @ 6:39 am
I disagree,

Even if the plugin is for free and even if you do it in your spare time you can´t hide you after these words when you promised a lot of people several things that you don´t fulfill.
Just don´t make every time promises. It doesn´t have something to do with the fact that the plugin is for free or something else.

Posted Tue 23 Jun 09 @ 6:49 am
As i posted earlier, would it be helpfull to donate something thru paypal or whatever so anyone who is working on a plugin gets something in return.

Stated earlier is the fact that promises are made so promises must be kept.

It looks like this plugin you're working on is a hugh succes and i if we all can benefit why don't we pay something for all the hard work, so once again SBDJ how can i donate to get this plugin be released in the nearby future?

Thanks for the hard work and keep it up !

Greetings Rob Huurman
Rojo Producties Volendam

Posted Tue 23 Jun 09 @ 6:58 am
I appreciate that people like some of my plugins, and people want updates and new features. However, please bear in mind the following:

* Plugins are developed in my free time
* I have a day job 5 days a week and currently DJ three nights a week minimum. This doesn't leave me a great deal of free time to do development work. Add my partner and child, a pending house move and two cars to fix into the mix and you can see the amount of free time being fairly small.

I have been working on this plugin and it is progressing. Third party costs are no longer relevant as I'm no longer using their library.

I can not and will not promise a release date. It will be released when it's ready and I am happy with it. To address some of your other points:

* Notepad plugin - I'm sure I stated that whilst this was possible, an SDK limitation made it awkward and I wasn't happy with it's implementation. It would probably be better as a standalone program at present.
* Video cube plugin - not sure about this, I don't remember?
* SMS Plugin - Scrolltext is this SMS plugin? If you're talking about the iWall integration plugin it's a low priority to me as I don't own and have no intention of buying iWall.

djanthony I really don't understand your attitude. The plugin will be released eventually; yes there are times I have said it's close then something has come up, I've had an idea or wanted to change something. I've allowed some of you guys to pressure me into releasing this plugin. This now stops - say what you like, it will not influence my timescales.

You also need to understand something else: I'm not promising anything. To me a promise isn't a promise unless the word "promise" is actually used.

I've said yes, I can do that, or yes that would be possible. I've not promised delivery of a plugin within a set timescale. If you want that then perhaps you can hire my services on a professional basis and pay my day rate to cover my loss of earnings. That won't be a cheap solution however.

Regards,

Scott

Posted Tue 23 Jun 09 @ 7:40 am
yk23PRO InfinityMember since 2006
True that!

I have a day job and I DJ on the weekends. I sort / download / rename music during the week. I barely have time to do "extra stuff" I need to get done in my life.

DJ Kavika

Posted Thu 02 Jul 09 @ 8:23 am
It's just a query really, but was there or will there, ever be a mac version of the scrolltext plugin. Ive just moved from the PC version to the Mac and there's not really any video effect plugins. I was just wondering.

Sam

Posted Thu 02 Jul 09 @ 12:51 pm
There might be in the future, but I wouldn't hold your breath for it.

Posted Thu 02 Jul 09 @ 8:34 pm
Thats all I was wondering. Cheers! Is it worth trying to have a go at writing something similar for the mac?

Posted Mon 06 Jul 09 @ 9:36 am
I just wanna take the time to say thank you to SBDJ for all the hard work he's done for all of us. DJ's like him make VDJ a much better program with all their plug-ins and help they provide. Guys like that do this because they love it .... not because they are getting paid for it. I love all his plug-ins and can't wait for the next one. I know the scroll text has been a long time waiting, but I think it's gonna be soooo worth the wait !! Plus I have his 1st version that works excellent until the new one comes out. I definately don't have the knowledge to be able to write programs like that, so I greatly appreciate all that you've done, and I know a lot of fellow VDJ users agree with me !! So please ignore all the negativity and do what you do best !! Thanks Scott !!

My hats off to you SBDJ !! Thank you for everything you do for all of us VDJ users !!

Posted Sat 15 Aug 09 @ 5:01 pm
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008

SBDJ diffinitely deserves all the accolades and more for all the many hard working mental hours he puts in to the benefit of all at VDJ, despite personal circumstance. (Add Additional 2 Stars)

Thank you

Joey.....

Posted Sun 16 Aug 09 @ 1:08 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
JoeyKJ wrote :

SBDJ diffinitely deserves all the accolades and more for all the many hard working mental hours he puts in to the benefit of all at VDJ, despite personal circumstance. (Add Additional 2 Stars)

Thank you

Joey.....

+1

Posted Mon 17 Aug 09 @ 6:44 am
39%