Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: SBDJ ScrollText - Page: 11

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

And then the silence....anything news guys?

Posted Mon 23 Mar 09 @ 1:57 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
you must have missed scott's reply to this in the general forum, apparently the time scale could be around the two weeks mark but it can't be set in stone, like anything else he won't know if there could be any snags to iron out between now and then.

Posted Mon 23 Mar 09 @ 4:45 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
I'm not sure at the moment actually, I'm having a few thoughts following the sharing of plugins and wondering about adding some kind of activation method to the more advanced plugins to hamper their distribution a little. Some of these plugins have had quite a bit of work go into them and I share them with you guys who actually support the software - this I have no problem with.

When I saw how many copies of my xponent mapper floating around for example, I was a bit annoyed however. I'm also seeing requests for the newer transitions, slideshow and scrolltext. This is only going to increase as more plugins are made available.

Whatever I decide to do, I will do as quickly as possible and ensure that it will have as little impact as possible on you guys... :)

Posted Wed 25 Mar 09 @ 10:32 am
Joop3mPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I can imagine it's can be very frustrating to see the things you mentioned happening... on the other hand: the strength of Virtual DJ is it's open community FOR REGISTERED USERS..... ;-)

Keep up the good work and i agree to distribute your app for registered only....

gr,
Joop

Posted Wed 25 Mar 09 @ 12:48 pm
Hey! just wondering if anyone knows how this is coming on yet? Managed to get another text 2 screen system working for the moment but im desperate to get one working inside vdj :D

Posted Mon 06 Apr 09 @ 7:08 am
SBDJ wrote :
I'm not sure at the moment actually, I'm having a few thoughts following the sharing of plugins and wondering about adding some kind of activation method to the more advanced plugins to hamper their distribution a little. Some of these plugins have had quite a bit of work go into them and I share them with you guys who actually support the software - this I have no problem with.

When I saw how many copies of my xponent mapper floating around for example, I was a bit annoyed however. I'm also seeing requests for the newer transitions, slideshow and scrolltext. This is only going to increase as more plugins are made available.

Whatever I decide to do, I will do as quickly as possible and ensure that it will have as little impact as possible on you guys... :)

I have a very good idea on activation, how about activation based on IMEI, which ofcourse is unique to every device. That way, even if one person copies the plugin to someone else, it wont work.

Another option is internet activation, which i have some experience with and i would be happy to help with if u decide to go that way.

- James

Posted Mon 13 Apr 09 @ 1:07 am
I've actually already written a complete library that uses AES encryption, RSA public/private key signing and unique identifiers from a PC to generate it's key... I'm still trying to decide whether it's worth the admin overhead ;)

Posted Mon 13 Apr 09 @ 12:47 pm
Scott,

Can i suggest you ask for donations for your plugins? I would be more than happy to donate (especially for Mac ones ;) ).

I know Jeremk has asked for donations for the skin creator in order to enable certain functions within the application. This seems to has worked well for him. Hopefully that should cover you overheads.

Just a thought - i am 100% behind stopping cracked users having the "pro" benefits.

Dan

Posted Mon 13 Apr 09 @ 2:30 pm
i need help to anyone who has the scrolltext plugin specially to the maker of this plugin..please can you share it with me... i like this scrolltext can u send this to my email.....thanks in advance....

Posted Tue 28 Apr 09 @ 2:08 am
genjimark wrote :
i need help to anyone who has the scrolltext plugin specially to the maker of this plugin..please can you share it with me... i like this scrolltext can u send this to my email...XX@XX.com..thanks in advance....

Plugins are only available to licensed to users.

If you have a license please register here: http://www.virtualdj.com/users/edit.html
If not you can purchase one here: http://www.virtualdj.com/buy/index.html

NLU are not allowed to post email address - a mod will delete this shortly.

Posted Tue 28 Apr 09 @ 3:39 am
djtouchdan wrote :
NLU are not allowed to post email address - a mod will delete this shortly.

I've just done it :)

Sorry, but plugins are reserved for registered pro users - if you have a license then you can register it to gain access to all the plugins.

Posted Tue 28 Apr 09 @ 4:09 am
As you can see I'm working on this still - looks a bit different to the version you guys are used to:

Posted Tue 28 Apr 09 @ 8:36 am
Looks bloody good Scott- can't wait. If you need a tester then let me know ;-)

Dan

Posted Tue 28 Apr 09 @ 10:48 am
Scott, would it be easier to edit my text iin the INI file for the moment? Is it easy to do that way, saves me retyping the whole nightly events, and prevents me creating embarrassing typos like last weekend. "...all house beers and spirits just $0.5..."

Posted Tue 28 Apr 09 @ 12:20 pm
Lovely job scott...cant wait! When can we beta test this?

Posted Tue 28 Apr 09 @ 12:50 pm
halo_djk wrote :
Scott, would it be easier to edit my text iin the INI file for the moment? Is it easy to do that way, saves me retyping the whole nightly events, and prevents me creating embarrassing typos like last weekend. "...all house beers and spirits just $0.5..."

Im coming to your bar :)

Posted Tue 28 Apr 09 @ 1:41 pm
marksmolinski wrote :
halo_djk wrote :

Im coming to your bar :)

LOL..... sorry that was a 30 second special, you gotta be quick!

Posted Sun 03 May 09 @ 6:07 am
When is this plugin available for registered users?
Is there any news what so ever it's o so quiet.

Scott please please please stop this ageny and deliver us this wonderfull plugin, please please pretty please?

Greetings from Holland!

VJ Rob
Rojo Producties Volendam

Posted Thu 11 Jun 09 @ 9:09 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
it's been available for a while now, just go to download > plugins

Posted Thu 11 Jun 09 @ 11:58 am
Tayla, you mean the sms plugin?

I can't find it

Posted Thu 11 Jun 09 @ 12:05 pm
36%