Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Does it? [Vestax VCI-100] - Page: 3

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

apopsis wrote :
Hi,

"Description:
Vestax mapping, jog wheels scratch in vinyl mode and pitch bend in non-vinyl mode"

Where you define vinyl or non-vinyl mode, is there a button on the vci-100, a control panel or something ?

From videos ive seen on youtube i think im correct in saying you use the exterior of the wheel to pitch bend or the inner part to scratch, however you can adjust the touch sensitivty via a screw so that you can use inner wheel to pitch bend also unless pushing down real hard to scratch.

Posted Thu 30 Aug 07 @ 12:04 am
hi!
does someone know if it is possibe to get the play button be lighten up in green if the decks play the song? (like the vci 100 does in traktor)

i think that i read somewhere, that virtual dj doesn't support the controll of the lights. is this right?

thanx
schneidl

Posted Thu 30 Aug 07 @ 9:08 pm
Mr. Blobby wrote :
i think that i read somewhere, that virtual dj doesn't support the controll of the lights. is this right?

That's true

Posted Thu 30 Aug 07 @ 10:25 pm
Mista_Dihdschey wrote :
Mr. Blobby wrote :

That's true

Its possible. But someone needs to make a real mapper then (DLL file) and not a simple XML midi mapper.

http://www.virtualdj.com/developers/

Posted Thu 30 Aug 07 @ 10:29 pm
seems to be a bit complicated! hopefully someone is able to program such a dll mapper. that would be great!
thanks
schneidl

Posted Thu 30 Aug 07 @ 10:38 pm

As far as I know, someone is already working on that ;)

Posted Thu 30 Aug 07 @ 10:53 pm
My face was smiling after the release of vdj 5, and know it's smiling too *lol

can't await it! :-D

Posted Thu 30 Aug 07 @ 10:55 pm

Posted Fri 31 Aug 07 @ 8:56 pm
If you are thinking about buying this unit, you might want to check out the review in Remix Magazine, first. Keep in mind that what is not said, is just as important, as what is said. This goes for all reviews. Reviewers choose their words very carefully, and you need to be able to read between the lines.

Posted Fri 31 Aug 07 @ 9:24 pm
A man and his music, where is that review? can you post a link? Thanks.

Posted Fri 31 Aug 07 @ 10:25 pm
I get the magazine, so it's in the latest issue. I will see if it's online.

Posted Fri 31 Aug 07 @ 11:13 pm
Sorry, can't find the article on line. All they have is an old article (Feb). I don't even remember which month it is. You know how magazines are. It could be Aug, Sept, or Oct. I will check when I get home.

Posted Fri 31 Aug 07 @ 11:52 pm
Thanks.

Posted Sat 01 Sep 07 @ 4:54 pm
NotaDjyet wrote :
has anyone encounter any problems with the spinning platters when using VDJ? like the guy in the link bellow, please let me know, thanks

http://vestaxpro.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4943&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

It seems like the Denon HC4500 has better touch sensitive jog wheels.

Denon DJ wrote :
Our Touch Sensitive Jog Wheels has the highest pulse resolution on the market, but can be adjusted down to VDJ resolution

http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/74623/General_Discussion/DN-HC4500__CONTROLLER.html?page=4

OO

Posted Sat 01 Sep 07 @ 5:05 pm
@Killerbee, I just checked and it's the Sept issue. The thing I would be concerned about is, the firmware update. They say you have to take it to an authorized dealer, to get the special cable. You will also have to get the update to Traktor LE3.3. Together, this is supposed to fix the delay in the record release. The new units are supposed to have the firmware update installed. Well, what about the units that are still in stores, now? How will this affect VDJ users?

Other cons listed were; No editor/librarian software. Updates only via service centers. Knob and function visibility problems in low light. Jog-wheel scratch delay.

Posted Sun 02 Sep 07 @ 11:07 am
Thanks for the good info AMAHM...

Posted Mon 03 Sep 07 @ 10:11 pm
how about a vid from those of you using the VCi-100 and VDJ without any problems?

Posted Fri 07 Sep 07 @ 6:15 am

Posted Thu 13 Sep 07 @ 4:34 pm
yeah seems vdj is lagging behind on the pro midi front and the mac front

Posted Thu 13 Sep 07 @ 4:46 pm
djbiggaPRO InfinityMember since 2003
No news on the dll plugin then?

Posted Mon 08 Oct 07 @ 9:30 pm
91%