Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Does it? [Vestax VCI-100] - Page: 2

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
What Mista_Dihdschey said is perfect, just follow what is written on his screenshot to map the left jog for the nudge.

Verify that you use { +1=65 ; -1=63 } which is the setting for VCI-100, BCD2000, BCD3000 and the new Denon controller ;-)

{ +1=1 ; -1=127 } is for the Hercules DJ Console

About the value (increments) [Mista_Dihdschey said 10], it depends on your feelings and the function you use (jogwheel or scratchweel)
Higher is your value, faster will turn the deck on the skin (so faster nudge or scratch)

Posted Sat 25 Aug 07 @ 11:35 pm
what i want to ask, whats the difference between scratch- and jogwheel? is scratchwheel more sensitive? i only know, that i have to change the value if i change to scratchwheel..

for my feeling it was important, that the the tt's on screen will only turn 360 degrees when i turn my jogs 360 degrees too

Posted Sat 25 Aug 07 @ 11:38 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
The function scratchwheel() simulates a scratch effect whereas the function jogwheel() is for adjusting the song to the other one (to make the songs in phase)

Posted Sat 25 Aug 07 @ 11:42 pm
oh cool,
so it's useful to configure the vci in vinyl mode with sratchwheel and in non-vinyl mode with jogwheel?

Posted Sat 25 Aug 07 @ 11:45 pm
djbiggaPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Thanks very much for that. I now have working Jogs!!!! Now to map the glass to pitch bend!

Posted Sun 26 Aug 07 @ 12:03 am
Mista_Dihdschey wrote :
oh cool,
so it's useful to configure the vci in vinyl mode with sratchwheel and in non-vinyl mode with jogwheel?

Exactly what I've just done! <big grin>

Posted Sun 26 Aug 07 @ 12:07 am
tell me how it is!?

Posted Sun 26 Aug 07 @ 12:09 am
Mista_Dihdschey wrote :
tell me how it is!?

It's fantastic! I set them both to 10 and it works just fine, would be so much better to get that going on the glass part but I'm more than happy with this for now!

B

Posted Sun 26 Aug 07 @ 12:10 am
that's fine... when i am have enough time, i'll more test the vci... in version 4.3 jogs didn't work and at this time, i had the time to test.. but the jogs weren't work an so i used my time for other stuff.. now, the jogs work and i have not the time for a deep-vci-test lol

and excuse me for my english, i'm from germany and i unterstand english fantastic, but writing and speaking only good ;-)

you can try to configure the glasses like in traktor for pitch bend! eventually it works great with VDJ!?

Posted Sun 26 Aug 07 @ 12:16 am
Hey man I bet you 200 euro your English is far better than my German!

Posted Sun 26 Aug 07 @ 10:50 am
If anyone is interested, I've uploaded the mappings that I'm using. Enjoy!

Posted Sun 26 Aug 07 @ 12:01 pm
Hi, i am interested. But where can i find the upload!?

Posted Sun 26 Aug 07 @ 12:52 pm

Posted Sun 26 Aug 07 @ 2:11 pm
i've played a little bit, and must say: Great Work man!!!

ok some improvements for my feeling i have to do, but i want to ask if you can make a list, where i can the with which action a button is configured? something like that:

button: play/stop -> play's the track

is that possible? so you are sure that all vci-user are using you mapper with his full potential ;-)

Posted Sun 26 Aug 07 @ 2:25 pm
Mista_Dihdschey wrote :
i've played a little bit, and must say: Great Work man!!!

ok some improvements for my feeling i have to do, but i want to ask if you can make a list, where i can the with which action a button is configured? something like that:

button: play/stop -> play's the track

is that possible? so you are sure that all vci-user are using you mapper with his full potential ;-)

Not a problem, I'm just getting ready to go a play at a BBQ in an hour or so, but I'll try and get to it tomorrow ok?

Posted Sun 26 Aug 07 @ 2:55 pm
of course, its okay... yesterday you had to wait for me.. lol

Posted Sun 26 Aug 07 @ 3:07 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
Hi,

"Description:
Vestax mapping, jog wheels scratch in vinyl mode and pitch bend in non-vinyl mode"

Where you define vinyl or non-vinyl mode, is there a button on the vci-100, a control panel or something ?

Posted Sun 26 Aug 07 @ 3:56 pm

Posted Sun 26 Aug 07 @ 4:02 pm
dj_peeHome userMember since 2007
hello
can somebody send me this vci mapper to **** ? I have a demo of vdj5 and would love to check how vci100 works, if it's ok i will surely buy the full one
thanks

[ITS RESERVED FOR PRO USERS]

Posted Wed 29 Aug 07 @ 10:20 pm

Plugins are reserved for pro users, so you'll have access to all when you buy a licence :)

Posted Wed 29 Aug 07 @ 10:34 pm
61%