Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Serato to release Video Version - Page: 3

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
With respect this is getting ridiculous, nothing wrong with Steves point of view, nothing wrong with yours either but it's important to remember it is a point of view. There are those who appreciate turntablism, and there are those who don't, some only like unaltered playback of familiar hits. I'm somewhere in the middle, I don't scratch because I've never had the opportunity and tools to do it, but it's fair to say I do some crazy stuff out side of the scratching realm, some like it some don't, too little is better than too much, so I strive to achieve the correct balance as I'm not playing to a room of clones, I'm playing to 2000 randoms from all over the place..

It's not about me, it's about them.

Posted Thu 25 Jan 07 @ 10:35 pm
It's become like a mac vs windows thread. Pointless.

Posted Thu 25 Jan 07 @ 10:38 pm
ConQuest wrote :
I'm looking at it from the companies perspective where visibility and credibility are incredibly important. You're looking at it from the end users perspective where, without a doubt, there are a LOT more [in]visible and [un]credible users. Both are important though.

The problem here Bagpuss, is that although I DO differentiate turntablists from simple dj's (beat matchers/Automixers), especially from the "dj" that doesn't have an ounce of respect or pride in the art of turntablism and serious dj'ing, I also DO recognize the importance of ALL of them to our community as well.

Atomix having 4+ million users in the Eastern Hemisphere is a BIG accomplishment. I know that. However, for months now that I've been talking up Virtual DJ (and the impending release of Virtual Vinyl) to my partners and friends, several of whom tour worldwide for battles, showcases, etc., I REALLY do find it amazing that NONE OF THEM have heard of Virtual DJ.

I also find it amusing that on this website's comparison chart, Rane Serato ScratchLive which they all use, isn't even listed - http://www.virtualdj.com/products/comparison.html

LOL!!!

Now, I'm not laughing AT Atomix, I'm laughing at the fact that, as I stated earlier in this thread, we clearly have a culture clash here both geographically and in terms of the emphasis placed on the art of turntablism. So to those "Lynchees" out there, I say AGAIN, if the Turntablist and Mac segment of the market's numbers are SO insignificant, then why would a MAJOR player like Numark INSIST on a Mac version of a Turntable based product? It's because they now that their competition here in the U.S., Rane and it's SSL/Mac product, are BY FAR the industry standard, and being a major dj equipment manufacturer, their visibility and credibility would further get lost among the PROFESSIONAL turntablist and dj scene if they didn't cater to all of them on Macs.

I remember norway posting on these forums awhile back that this was an anomally as well, where here in the U.S. the majority of digital turntablists and dj's are on SSL and Macs, over there most are on VDJ and windows pc's.

The point is, Atomix and Numark are trying to penetrate our market, NOT the other way around. Therefore Atomix/Numark needs to practice "Domination through Assimilation." Absorb all of the dominant competition's abilities (e.g.; superior audio response through TCV control on Macs), and THEN (and ONLY then) your company's BONUS features will stand out (e.g; video handling, karaoke, midi support, etc.)

That is all.

- ConQuest

Posted Thu 25 Jan 07 @ 11:18 pm
Conquest, how old are you? My gut is telling me somewhere in the 16 year old range?

I don't hate scratching, I hate people who think they're superior because they do...

just because you know the sweet pickles crew doesn't make you a super star bro...

as for me, you have no idea who I am, where I am, or what I do....

so maybe you should shut up before me and my boys challenge you to an air guitar riff off...

yeah, I didn't think so....

:)

Posted Thu 25 Jan 07 @ 11:23 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
lol he realy isnt 16 he is a pro apple tech

Posted Thu 25 Jan 07 @ 11:25 pm
ConQuest wrote :

I also find it amusing that on this website's comparison chart, Rane Serato ScratchLive which they all use, isn't even listed - http://www.virtualdj.com/products/comparison.html

LOL!!!

We should add SSL ;) when the list was made VDJ's main area of work, was Europe, and SSL was not one of the main competitors then..

adding SSL will be pure fun though ;) its a feature comparison, and SSL has almost none.. :) lol

no kidding

Posted Thu 25 Jan 07 @ 11:46 pm
skyfxl wrote :
lol he realy isnt 16 he is a pro apple tech

Really, I'm not sky. Even if I were, Apple employees can't disclose who they work for on online forums. ;)

Steve Lynch wrote :
Conquest, how old are you? My gut is telling me somewhere in the 16 year old range?

Listen "son", I've been spinning since '87 like most of my partners and friends from the Beat Junkies and ISP. Do you think this is some "young kid"stuff? LOL!!!

This is a VETERAN that you're talking to who has been around and involved long enough to watch the evolution of turntablism and lucky enough to know a lot of the people who helped in that evolution.

I'm now crusading to help in the evolution of Visual Turntablism, what I'm referring to as the 3rd evolution of the DJ, where we can use the same CREATIVITY (you might have to look that word up in the dictionary, Robo-Lynch) we've applied to audio manipulation, but with synchronized video using traditonal form factor 12" vinyl.

What have YOU done lately? Match another beat? Adjust another pitch slider? Press Automix more professionally?

What a joke!

Steve Lynch wrote :
I don't hate scratching, I hate people who think they're superior because they do...

Because you can't.

Steve Lynch wrote :
just because you know the sweet pickles crew doesn't make you a super star bro...

i never said I'm a superstar. As a matter of fact of stated several times on these forums that I'm now where near their level of turntablism, but I will hold my own in a battle. More importantly, I'm man, proud, AND turntablist enough to bury the sorry equivalent of a "Lounge-Lizard" in a long standing traditional dj form, a battle... even if I knew I was gonna lose, because it's not about saying you're good enough, it's about having enough pride in your art form to know how good you are, good or bad.

But then again, you wouldn't know anything about that, would you? Since last time I checked, neither ITF or DMC where having "Automix-offs'' or "Beat Match-Off's."

Steve Lynch wrote :
as for me, you have no idea who I am

No one.

Steve Lynch wrote :
, where I am,

Automixville.

Steve Lynch wrote :
or what I do....

Nothing.

Steve Lynch wrote :
so maybe you should shut up

WOW! the kid has a little bit of flavor! (still talentless though)

Steve Lynch wrote :
before me and my boys challenge you to an air guitar riff off...

I'm sure those air gutars of yours have "Autoplay" mode, so yeah, you'd win...

Steve Lynch wrote :
yeah, I didn't think so....

...because I wouldn't compete at such a talentless level.

Steve Lynch wrote :

Posted Thu 25 Jan 07 @ 11:56 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)