Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Record Case Freezing - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

98thbear wrote :
It happened again last night!

Was playing for a good 3 or four hours with no probs. Scrolling through my tunes and then it all just froze up although the music comtinued to play.

Anybody got any ideas??

Tommy

I was told this was fixed in the latest release. Still freezes for me though. I don't think it's fixed but the dev team thinks it is fixed so I'm not expecting any additional fixes for this (since they are under the impression that it's fixed). It's still broken though, and it doesn't take me 3 hours to get it to freeze either.

Posted Mon 15 Jan 07 @ 11:37 pm
anewsome

That's interesting that I am not the only one with this problem.

It happens only when scrolling through my tunes and the whole bottom half of the screen (record case/box bit) freezes althought the music continues to play. I then have to restart the programme. It does noit crash the computer just VDJ.

It is EXTREMELY frustrating as it works perfectly in every other way and it does not happen every time i use VDJ although it has happened a few times virtually as soon as I have started up the programme. There is no way it is overheating I have a purpose built server case PC with many cooling fans built in and also it wouldn't have overheated within 10 mins of turning it on!

Hopefullly the dev team can comment or even better fix it! :)

Posted Mon 15 Jan 07 @ 11:47 pm
Does nobody, not even dev team have an answer to my poor lil computer's problem??

Tommy

Posted Wed 17 Jan 07 @ 9:19 pm
DjGazUKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
It used to do it to me! But I don't think it's done it with version 4.2 as yet.

For me the virtual folder's don't freeze as such, but they all sort of stick in one place then when you scroll up or down they overlap and you can't click on any specific one. I used to think this was happening because of my wheel mouse, I noticed if I clicked on the wheel as a 3rd button by mistake the folders would go haywire, but not always. Maybe just coinsidence.

Anyway like I say, using version 4.2 and it hasn't done it again to me (yet).

Posted Thu 18 Jan 07 @ 12:41 am

Works fine here too, but since some still have problem, I'll bring it up for dev team, and get its sorted :)

Posted Thu 18 Jan 07 @ 12:51 am
DJ GAZ

"For me the virtual folder's don't freeze as such, but they all sort of stick in one place then when you scroll up or down they overlap and you can't click on any specific one." That is EXACTLY what happens with mine, but couldn't quite figure out how to explain it other than "freezing" lol.

Norway

Thanks for that. Let me know of any developments. :)

Posted Thu 18 Jan 07 @ 5:35 pm
Any word or news regarding this yet? :)

Posted Thu 25 Jan 07 @ 9:32 pm
98thbear wrote :
Any word or news regarding this yet? :)

it's a problem that only two people experience. me and you.

Posted Thu 25 Jan 07 @ 10:25 pm
get more ram and take off programs off the system that are running in teh background that are not necessary to run the computer or the program

have a dedicated machine

Posted Thu 25 Jan 07 @ 11:13 pm
SQUEEZEEYE wrote :
get more ram and take off programs off the system that are running in teh background that are not necessary to run the computer or the program

have a dedicated machine

way ahead of you. mine is a purpose built pc that runs only vdj. it is VERY fast and has 2GB of RAM as well.

i do appreciate the standard "blame it on hardware, can't possibly be a programming error" approach though.

i think i've dismantled the "blame it on hardware" approach enough times, i should at least get the benefit of the doubt. i've been here since 1.09 SQUEEZEEYE, i didn't get all these stars overnight. give me some credit at least.

Posted Fri 26 Jan 07 @ 12:09 am
I have had the same issue with version 3.4 and then when I finally updated to version 4.2 and re-installed windows, tweaked it, etc... it happened then too.

It is the browser section in general that has the problem. I go to open a folder and look through music/videos and then it stops responding like it can't see it. One time it happened and luckily I had a track in my side list. I remembered where it was so I put my mouse over it click and dragged it to one of the players and it loaded. The time display and just about everything graphical about the software stops responding. It is a very weird random issue I too have encountered.

I too thought ... defrag, check background apps, video ram, page memory, etc,... all the usual suspects but I can't narrow it down. It is hard to recreate.

Hope there is a way to figure this one out. Because you HAVE to restart VDJ to get it working again. That is why I ALWAYS have a back up device ready!!

Posted Fri 26 Jan 07 @ 12:20 am
It is definately NOT my hardware. My PC is purpose built server cased, super cooled, never ever been connected to internet, and does nothing except run VDJ.

And I can never seem to be able to re create it happening. Some times I can be running it all day for hours and its fine but sometimes it does it within minutes of starting up.

When it freezes i minimize it and open it up again from the desktop so i have 2 VDJs running and then kick a song off in the new uncrashed version and then when thats going close down the crashed version and carry on, usually without any problems for the rest of the night.

Just like low-fat-al i have a laptop at the ready for my back-up.

I really do hope there is a way to figure this out (soon!) because it is the ONLY thing that is crap about VDJ :)

Posted Fri 26 Jan 07 @ 12:36 am
98thbear wrote :
I did think that although I have a sever case with about 8 fans in it! :)

Is the server case in a road case?
I Have a server case and I had to install a fan to circulate the air in the road case..

Posted Fri 26 Jan 07 @ 1:11 am

Virtual Folders will be sorted for those having issues.

Dev Team have had a long "MAC coding camp", so there has been no fixes since christmas.
But they are back now, and as soon as the mac thing is out of the way, the PC version will have a few fixes.

Just patience a bit more ;) By the way, Virtual Folders works great at my pc.. But will keep on building them, and see... I love the feature, so needs to work for all ;)

Posted Fri 26 Jan 07 @ 1:43 am
low-fat-al wrote :
It is hard to recreate.

it's not hard for me to recreate the problem. i start vdj and do nothing but create folders, search for files and drag files to virtual folders and i guarantee the display will lock up within 15 minutes of work.

no video out enabled
never even load or play a track

the only way to recover is to restart virtual dj. all the graphics just stop responding.

Posted Fri 26 Jan 07 @ 2:33 am
If you read my post... I had the exact SAME issue happen with version 3.4
So I doubt it is a virtual folder issue completely.

Posted Fri 26 Jan 07 @ 2:52 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)