Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: What soft were U using before vDJ ? - Page: 3

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

I First got into "computer based" Dj ing using PCDJ blue that came with my DMC-1Controller. Progressing though Red & Fx.
I found Red ok but the record case, id3 tagging requirments were all a bit complex. Limited playing of CDs but didn't like mixing two tracks of same cd for more than a few seconds.
Fx is up there but never got it working without bugs.

VIRTUAL DJ:

Ive found refreshingly natural striking a balance between ease of use and being powerfull and fun to use.

I think the hardware support is awsome (DMC-1)
being especally impreesed with the ability to use time coded vinal without additional hardware.

Ive been using A friends computer But will be buying a copy for my system asap.......AWESOME PRODUCT!!!!!

Posted Sun 03 Oct 04 @ 1:31 pm
I have been using ATOMIX MP3 since 2001.

Posted Sun 03 Oct 04 @ 9:28 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Has anyone here used "abletion live" or "serato scratch"?

I understand these are also good products, what do you guys think of them?...

One of the main things is the hardware availiable, if the software supports a decent controller then it'll be used by the proffesionals...

No body likes useing the mouse, and it doesn't quite have the right image either, people want buttons and flashy lights, it looks cool and funky..

image is everything to be a credible dj, I sopose it's ok to use the mouse to find tracks, but not to do everything...

Posted Mon 04 Oct 04 @ 5:57 pm

Posted Wed 23 Feb 05 @ 7:25 pm
TransaHome userMember since 2005
VTT
Traktor
then.... Virtual DJ

VDJ is really great software for live mixing.
only i need in VDJ is better E.Q.

Posted Sat 12 Mar 05 @ 5:10 pm
mUd-VPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Winamp (not Dj at this time)
AtomixMp3
VirtualDJ

Posted Sun 13 Mar 05 @ 1:20 am
The parties I DJ'd before I bought VDJ were all done with xmms (a winamp clone for linux).

Posted Sun 13 Mar 05 @ 3:40 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
I tested and watched the source code of XMMS, it is very well for Linux. Maybe the most famous player for Linux ....

Posted Sun 13 Mar 05 @ 3:49 am
Can I have some free Dj Sound Effects. Pleace send me some of them. My Mail address is --@--.--. Thank you.

--
Moderated by Lady Cameron
Sorry Djnsahan no email address is allowed from a demo user

Posted Sat 04 Nov 06 @ 7:22 am
Can you send me some of free Dj sound effects. Thank you.

Posted Sat 04 Nov 06 @ 7:24 am
docPRO InfinityMember since 2020
Ots DJ has and still is one of my programs. Mainly for weddings because of the sweet autofade and the dynamics.

I had Final Scratch until the great VDJ came out with digital vinyl and sold the FS.

I also helped get tyrannosoft off the ground with video but their program got very expensive and very taxing on a computer. The program is too much for video anymore. And again, since VDJ does karaoke and videos I scratched tyrannosoft. I will note however, that I had the same problem with tyrannosoft with videos skipping/freezing for a second. It took him to do something in his program to eliminate it. I still have 4 video cards with various memory that I used to help him out and all it took was some change in programming.

Now, I mainly use VDJ except for weddings.

Posted Sat 04 Nov 06 @ 1:47 pm
infoHome userMember since 2021
Was always a big PCDJ Red 5.2 user untill VIrtual DJ....

Only reason i moved to VDJ is the video and karaoke built into it as well as the audio and didn't have to have them as add ons......

Oh and VDJ seems as stable as Red 5.2

Posted Sat 04 Nov 06 @ 3:25 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Atomix mp3

Atomix productions 4 life !

lol

Posted Sat 04 Nov 06 @ 3:27 pm
djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
My first digital djing experience would have been in around 2000, with some freeware program whose name I can't recall. Shortly after I discovered PCDJ silver which I used for a while before buying a DMC-1 controller, which was bundled with PCDJ blue. I quickly upgraded this to Red, and was using 5.2 up until around May this year, when I jumped on the Atomix bandwagon, and haven't looked back! Fortunately, I also found someone who was happy to swap my DMC-1 for their DAC-2, result! ;-)

Posted Sat 04 Nov 06 @ 3:46 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
djsherz wrote :
My first digital djing experience would have been in around 2000, with some freeware program whose name I can't recall. Shortly after I discovered PCDJ silver which I used for a while before buying a DMC-1 controller, which was bundled with PCDJ blue. I quickly upgraded this to Red, and was using 5.2 up until around May this year, when I jumped on the Atomix bandwagon, and haven't looked back! Fortunately, I also found someone who was happy to swap my DMC-1 for their DAC-2, result! ;-)

nice one ;)!

Posted Sat 04 Nov 06 @ 3:49 pm
gulkerPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Cool topic,

My whole experience started with something called MixMeister (How pathetic !!!!). I would try to adjust the fade in fade outs while playing and try to beat match.
Then moved on to PCDJ and accompanied it with DAC 2. ( Never liked their record case management etc)
Used Traktor ( good program but did not do it for me)
Experimented with Ableton Live, (it is good if you are playing with some orchestra not for DJ in )
Used Mix Vibes (good but not as good as VDJ) for quite some time. It is that funny somebody mentioned the VDJ in Mix Vibes forum. Then next day gave it a try and bought it.
Then finally VDJ ( By the way if someone mentiones other program, I'll still be here hehehehe)

Posted Sun 05 Nov 06 @ 1:32 am
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
Atomix mp3 here too ;)

Posted Sun 05 Nov 06 @ 5:20 pm
this is a great topic so heres my 5cents

1210's were the chosen format in the club i worked at, and cds were slowly creaping in. but the cd decks were poor, had rubber keys and took nearly 2 seconds to start the sound when you hit play.

by the late 90s, mp3 was taking off, and we asked for some standalone mp3 players.

the club thought about this and they got us a computer.

so the first program we used was infact Real Jukebox.

the full version could sort of crossfade 2 tracks, but you needed a playlist first. but realjukebox wasnt meant for live DJing...

then we found PCDJ. we opted for the Silver version. it did the job, but was somewhat lacking..

then we made the right choice, Atomixmp3 was created, and weve been with Atomix / Virtual DJ since when DB Boulevard had 'Point of View' out in the UK charts :)

Posted Mon 13 Nov 06 @ 4:39 am
ALI11CUE userMember since 2006
I moved from mixvibes pro 6 too virtual dj, vdj is soo much better all around i think it is the best software on the market once you learn the settings.

Posted Thu 07 Dec 06 @ 8:12 pm
used pcdj red 5.1 - liked it but without a master tempo i only used it at home.
pioneer CMX-3000's at the nightclub, CMX 5000 was the backup deck.

bought a used HDJ to try it out and see if it would work with pcdj(insert snicker)
liked the HDJ DJ version so much i bought the program and havn't looked back.

Tryed the BDJ program that came with My BCD 2000 - poor bpm calculation.
got rid of the BCD 2000.

just have th Dac-2 now and a mixer - havn't touched a cd in almost 2 years.

and so on........

DJ Marcel
Purple Onion NightClub

Posted Thu 07 Dec 06 @ 10:13 pm
91%