Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: VDJ Scratch Competition ??? - Page: 5

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

@ Mantahoe

This is all possible and this is one of his DMC routines from a few years back.
Here is a little hint for you for your turntable setup. Many different setups have been seen from different DJs and I'll list a few of them for you.

If you are more agile in using the right hand to scratch then move the 2 TTs on the right side of the mixer.

would look like this

Mixer, TT, TT

If you are more agile in using the left hand to scratch then move the 2 TTs on the left side of the mixer

TT, TT, Mixer

If you want to have a balanced or club feel then have the 2 TTs on each side of the mixer.

TT, Mixer, TT

Battle style is when you place the TTs with the tone arm placed horizontally further away from you. This setup will not only give you more room to play with the vinyl although will also prevent you from accidentally hitting the needle when backspinning
You can have an L where the left TT would be placed in Battle style while the right is left in standard.

This gives you the opportunity that both start/stop buttons are closer to the mixer. This competition shouldn't be done to see who's the best scratcher VDJ actually has although should be done for fun. This competition also shows what each controller sounds like and what they are capable of doing. Its all about practice and lots of it.

Hope these setup options can help you out.

DJ White Devil

Posted Thu 19 Jan 06 @ 5:44 pm
ok guys im home frinally and ready to start figuring this whole deal out. sorry it took so long but i had more important issues to deal with lol
-gauge

Posted Thu 19 Jan 06 @ 6:11 pm
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
lol i bet yull be walking with a limp for days mate, have to do your scratch competition sitting down lol.

Posted Fri 20 Jan 06 @ 12:24 am
Offcourse i'm not gonna throw them, it's a figure of speach lol. @WhiteDVL, that Mixer TT TT, combo sounds very interesting. I think i'll try it. Does anybody else use it though? About a battle style setup, i'm just saving enough money to get the FMBR1000 coffin by odyssey(i'm not sure if that's the real model #). The coffin i'm using now is some cheap shit i got for free after buying the turntables. I really hate it. But thnx for the feedback. I might be part of the scratch competition in 2010 Gauge. Hehehe.

Posted Fri 20 Jan 06 @ 6:05 am
I've seen many DJs use that particular setup Mantahoe. both TTs are in battle style with the mixer on 1 side. If you really want to try to see if the mixer sitting up so high is the problem just take the 2 TTs and mixer out of the coffin and sit them all on a table so the top plate of the mixer is sitting flush with the plate (not the platter) of the TTs.

Give it a shot and participate in this scratch competition. who cares what you sound like. I'm going to use my old VMX-300 mixer which has a really bad crossfader for scratching but will still be ok (I hope lol)

Posted Fri 20 Jan 06 @ 6:15 am
im gona use my mouse still, the jogs just arent good enuf for what i want to do
-gauge

Posted Fri 20 Jan 06 @ 1:24 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
I was going to try the M, TT, TT setup but for me it makes the hand motion a little more comfy but also the fader a little(worse) different, like i'll have to get used to. Besides my mixer is tiny and the TT are practically already like that. The best thing would be to have Both tables on the right and then have to use the reverse button on the mixer so the fader motion -----> for both are in the same direction.

Posted Fri 20 Jan 06 @ 2:17 pm
TheTurkPRO InfinityMember since 2005
aight men lets get this scratch competiton ready to roll i havent been going to school for a while because i got a cold and now since its the weekend i am quite free so lets get this party started
on a date and time or something and figure out how to do it who goes in what order .... etc. etc.

Posted Fri 20 Jan 06 @ 9:48 pm
bump.

Posted Tue 24 Jan 06 @ 2:23 am
VDJ team, open up a forum where full users can upload videos. vids showing off the software help VDJ, it shouldnt be leaft to users to fund their own hosting of videos etc that will help the software in this way. this feature could also encourage users to upload tutorials and other useful matterial. not to mention make this scratch competition idea actualy feasable.

what ya reccon?

Posted Tue 24 Jan 06 @ 2:48 am
guess this idea has died then

Posted Wed 25 Jan 06 @ 11:36 pm
Video uploads might be added to blogs ;)

Posted Wed 25 Jan 06 @ 11:43 pm
im sorry guys i just dont have the time to organize something like this
between spending time with my wife and newborn dauighter nad work i have very little time, i hope someone will take the reigns and run with this idea but i just dont have the time to work on it right now
-gauge

Posted Wed 25 Jan 06 @ 11:48 pm
wel let's not make this a huge production...let's just pick a beat and a sample do a 60 second demo and upload the dang thing. We will see what we come up with, then after that we can make more rules ..but this was just for fun.

Posted Thu 26 Jan 06 @ 12:12 am
norway! classic mate, this is a cool idea!

cheers for championing it!

Posted Thu 26 Jan 06 @ 12:14 am
@ Gauge

Dude the Hell with VDJ and mixing in general. Spend all the time in the world with your wife who missed you everyday and your beautiful daughter. Get your life back into balance with work and then you can have some YOU time to dedicate to VDJ and your other passion of DJing. Right now your family first!!! Believe me I think that all of us can understand...

MS

Posted Thu 26 Jan 06 @ 4:37 am
true that i agree with MS

Posted Thu 26 Jan 06 @ 6:20 am
How about we start this thing here?? we can make it a weekly feature, a sort of battle but all in fun, we can do it every wednesday, one beat(can be juggled) and 2 samples(scratch) max. for now. Do a 60 sec. routine and upload it , a place allowing streaming would be perfect.....anyone cool for starting this up?

Posted Thu 09 Feb 06 @ 4:10 pm
just someone do it and people will follow. just make up soem rules cause this thing just isnt going anywhere unless someone goes ahead and does it.

Posted Fri 10 Feb 06 @ 12:39 am
;) i think thats what i was trying to get across, i was just looking for help

Posted Fri 10 Feb 06 @ 12:54 am
78%