Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: VDJ Scratch Competition ??? - Page: 6

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
ok i found this site where you can upload many formats including audio, which is perfect i think for this since the site will host and stream your upload. All you have to do is sign up.

http://www.putfile.com/

this is just an example taken from djforums.com just so you can see what i'm talking about and test it
http://media.putfile.com/Scratching

Posted Tue 14 Feb 06 @ 3:03 pm
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005

Posted Sat 18 Feb 06 @ 11:08 pm
TheTurkPRO InfinityMember since 2005
ok so then lets pick one intsrumental and sample to do and once we do that make another forum where we send in our stuff and wait till everyone has sent it and at the end someone judges and puts scores etc etc..

Posted Sun 19 Feb 06 @ 2:27 am
i made a scratch demo.

score this http://www.sendspace.com/file/gb12w5

just people do something and post it. we can care about rules, guidelines, formailites in the next competition

Posted Sun 19 Feb 06 @ 3:02 am

Posted Sun 19 Feb 06 @ 3:11 am
ok here we go ...i'm upping something tomorrow , too tired now..but i hope to see more

Posted Sun 19 Feb 06 @ 6:33 am
yer with the tt500s. closest id come to cratching before this was playing 1 or 2 beats from a song and spinning back to play it again for the next 'downbeat' CBG4 or whatever you call it. scratching is fun and i definately have a way to go in terms of skill but its fun to mess about. didnt want to scratch too much before cause didnt wanna knaker my vinyl but one side of my TCV are so worn now that it doesnt bother me.

good luck everyoen else. dont care about what it sounds like just get it out there. mine is a pile of shite but im not fussed about it. try and keep it not too long tho this isnt a set its a scratch. hopefuly well have some scratch DJs that can show off their skills

Posted Sun 19 Feb 06 @ 8:40 pm
ok final;ly i have a little time
screw it lets do this ghetto style
the instrumental we will use will be
sean paul - temperature
use any pella or scratch sample whatever and uplaod the track somewhere put info on here for people to listen
-gauge

Posted Tue 21 Feb 06 @ 4:15 am
DJROSSSHome userMember since 2006
reali good scratching maan! :D

Posted Thu 23 Feb 06 @ 7:12 pm
i think all the people that commited to this in the begining need a nudge to actualy do something. i spent like 2 mins of time recording and uploading mine so it cant be that hard. just do it. it would be cool just to see how people are doing things.

Posted Sat 25 Feb 06 @ 2:20 am
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Xeo is right. I committed early on. Here's one with a classic sample. I reserve the right to plan more if the contest get's serious.

The link is: http://www.sendspace.com/file/79bd7y

Posted Sun 26 Feb 06 @ 2:51 am
its really low volume i had to put my speakers to like maximum but other than that i liked it!

Posted Sun 26 Feb 06 @ 4:03 am
its really low volume i had to put my speakers to like maximum but other than that i liked it!

Posted Sun 26 Feb 06 @ 4:07 am

Posted Sun 26 Feb 06 @ 4:09 am

Posted Sun 26 Feb 06 @ 4:34 am
why not kick this contest back up again...........? this never happened and it could have been fun.

So....

anyone interested, upload a 1min clip... by next wednesday 5/10/06. Do whatever you like, just have fun. After we can all voice opinions afterwards... good luck!

Posted Thu 04 May 06 @ 10:03 pm
you know what, now listn 2 has said it i think this wil become more popular

but even so i think actions speak louder than words, just upload your entry and see if any one else follows, i may even do a second attempt at it to get everyone to have a good laugh about it!

Posted Thu 04 May 06 @ 10:41 pm
here's my tcv scratching demo

www.astrodj.com/djlarrydontcv.avi

Posted Sat 06 May 06 @ 7:32 am
nice video;) man... I'm jeaulous... great samples, and vids..I've gotta start practice scrathin ;) aaait... ;)

Posted Sat 06 May 06 @ 12:33 pm

Posted Sun 07 May 06 @ 8:16 am
93%