Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: VDJ Scratch Competition ??? - Page: 4

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

yo yo yo stop letting this thread die!!! i'll be home in a week keep it goin lol
-gauge
soon to be jog-bert

Posted Fri 06 Jan 06 @ 7:43 pm
TheTurkPRO InfinityMember since 2005
bumpidy bump

Posted Tue 10 Jan 06 @ 5:21 am
Still stuck over here damn weather holding flights back
-gauge

Posted Wed 11 Jan 06 @ 1:29 pm
hope your doing well though Gauge. Up north in Canada we're having nasty weather lately.

Posted Wed 11 Jan 06 @ 3:31 pm
dj rakzHome userMember since 2006
whats this about a scratching comp? if so im up for it?

Posted Wed 11 Jan 06 @ 5:15 pm
what hardware do you guys use to scratch with vdj ?

Posted Wed 11 Jan 06 @ 7:47 pm
well this competition will be open for any full VDJ users and any controllers are welcomed. either mouse, XP10s, TCVs or TCCDs.

Posted Thu 12 Jan 06 @ 12:52 am
or hercules dj console mk2 lol
-gauge

Posted Thu 12 Jan 06 @ 12:56 am
lack1PRO InfinityMember since 2004
DOES ANYBODY HAVE A VIDEO OF SCRATHING WITH A MOUSE?

Posted Thu 12 Jan 06 @ 3:45 am
umm i would do it but i dont know how to do it with a quick cam

Posted Thu 12 Jan 06 @ 7:31 am
l_ridsPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Ok at least a date should be set for this. Is someone going to take charge set the rules and a place for it to happen?

Posted Thu 12 Jan 06 @ 10:55 pm
yeah i agree with rids someone should make a forum on the date and rules and such i think it should be gauge and some others well if you want ofcourse gauge...

Posted Sun 15 Jan 06 @ 7:19 am
well i am going to get this all figured out. i just got back from the middle east yesterday so im spending time with my family b4 diving back into vdj, please be patient
-gauge

Posted Mon 16 Jan 06 @ 6:13 pm
cool

Posted Tue 17 Jan 06 @ 12:51 am
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
ok guys if any of you are seriously good at scratching then please make a video and upload it to this site, preferably useing Timecoded vinyl, show us what you can do!, give djgetdown a run for his money please ;).

Posted Tue 17 Jan 06 @ 1:20 am
chabonkPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Posted Tue 17 Jan 06 @ 7:37 am
bump yall
thats some crazy scratching from dj craze ive seen it before

Posted Thu 19 Jan 06 @ 6:59 am
Oh my God. I just watched that video for the first time n i'm done. I'm giving my turntables to goodwill. How the hell is that f****ng possible? I mean I can only use my right hand to control the turntable so I always use my left on the xfader. And this m*********er is just playing around with both hands. My scratches r too basic n it's pissin me off. My left hand can't move fast enough. Any tips? For real i'm gonna throw these turntables in the lake behind my house.

Posted Thu 19 Jan 06 @ 7:45 am
Buddy, Practice makes man perfect. Not throwing his turntables into the lake.
regards,
adi

Posted Thu 19 Jan 06 @ 3:26 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
well i cant watch the video at work but i will say for scratching it takes alot of percise control. Try putting on on a slow beat like 70 bpm and then get a simple sample like "Yeah" and just work on the control issue, think in your head how you want it to sound and then move you hands and fader until you duplicate the sound your trying to get. Why it's hard to master is because your doing 2 things at once, moving the vinyl in a pattern and also controlling the on & off of the fader. Listen2 other dj's scratch and try and duplicate some of the sounds. Oh and if you do throw those TT's out let me know when ... i'll be sitting by the lake.

*you may benefit from a battle style setup, also the pic in your blog shows your mixer raised higher then the TT's which also allows for some movement problems, i am mainly a righty as well but try your left just for very simple things it helps a little, check my blog ...everything is level and close (6" mixer)

does that mixer have a fader curve adjustment, i didnt see it but that is KEY to scratching

Posted Thu 19 Jan 06 @ 4:03 pm
62%