Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.1 Technical Support

Topic: sound issues after update....twice - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

pungentPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Been using VDJ8 since it first came out and over a year now with a DDJ-SR and no issues.

About 2 weeks ago I updated and immediately started getting a cracking sound through my master output in the sound making VDJ impossible to use for a gig. I restored my PC (windows 10) to an earlier date and fixed the problem.

Left it a couple of weeks and connected to update again and bam exact same problem. I'm now currently restoring again hoping it fixes it.

I work 10h a day 5 days a week and DJ pretty much every friday-saturday night. I really don't have time for this WTF VDJ. I'm sorry I sound annoyed but I still have over an hour before I know if your software is going to work and its already 10pm in aus. I have to work a 10h+ day tomorrow then travel 120km and do a 5 hour set from 10pm to 3am and you guys can't seem to get VDJ right.

Sorry but I'm tired and not happy atm

Posted Thu 25 Feb 16 @ 11:04 am
Just finished a system restore and fixed again.

Please some info or a fix for this as I will not update until this issue is sorted

Posted Thu 25 Feb 16 @ 11:51 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
What is the build number of VirtualDJ 8 that you restored to in order not to have sound issues ?

Posted Thu 25 Feb 16 @ 12:46 pm
You should only update your software or OS if you have time to test thoroughly before an important gig.

The issue could be a multitude of things, but is unlikely to be a VDJ public build as these are thoroughly tested before release.

You need to do some investigating to determine if it is in fact an update to VDJ, a Windows 10 update or something to do with the controller drivers.

Just don't go blaming VDJ before looking in to all the facts first.

You will need to let the teamers know what build works, what build has problems and anything else that happens to cause the problem.

Posted Thu 25 Feb 16 @ 12:48 pm
eriedjPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Can you post a picture of your sound settings in Virtual DJ?

I'm using an early access build with the Denon MC6000mk2 and had to get rid of the line ins in the sound setup to get rid of my static and BSOD issues. Since I deleted the line ins, I've had NO static or crashes.

Posted Thu 25 Feb 16 @ 3:26 pm
As I said in my first post sorry if I came across a little rude but just very frustrated at the time.

Both restores were back to the 16th of january 2016.

First time I spent hours going through my laptop....even fully deleted my internet security thinking that may have been the issue. Done so many windows checks, up dates , fixes etc and wasn't sure if the first restore fixed VDJ or windows to stop the issue but last night after VDJ updated and the exact issue was back again and windows has not been up dated since the first restore it seems to be a VDJ issue.

Usually I wouldn't up date the night before a gig but I do-did have a lot of faith in VDJ as it's been almost flawless for years.

Sound settings are as they have been since day one of plugging in the SR. Channel 1-2 master and channel 3-4 headphones.

Ill try and get some more info after the weekend when I have more time as I'm about to go to work now.

Thanks for the replies.

Posted Thu 25 Feb 16 @ 7:24 pm
What is the build number of VirtualDJ that you restored to and had no issues ? (probably the one you are using now). See that at the top of the VirtualDJ Settings window

Posted Thu 25 Feb 16 @ 7:32 pm
8.1 pc build 2770.1092

Posted Fri 26 Feb 16 @ 5:51 am
Please do the following...

- Update to or install the latest Build
- Prior opening VirtualDJ open the Windows Sound Config (from Control Panel -->Sound or right-click on the systray Speaker Icon) and make sure the sound card of your controller or the USB sound card that you are using in VirtualDJ is not the default Playback or Recording device.

PS: You can download any required build (including 2770) from http://www.virtualdj.com/download/build.html , so there is no need to restore your computer to a previous date.

Posted Fri 26 Feb 16 @ 10:37 pm
Hi have had the same issue 8.0 works fine.........8.1 doesnt so i am back to 8.0 as well i have a ddj sx 2.

Frustrated also.

My ticket

Hi
hp i7 8gb ram using pioneer ddj sx2
I have updated to vdj and never had any problems before. Since 8.1 the sound crackles and pops now. I tried serato and that was fine, updated all the drivers for the sx. I have downloaded vdj 8.0(latest version before 8.1) and that works perfectly.
So i am currently using that, instead of the latest version. I have tried several updates of 8.1 but the problem is not fixed.

Could you please help as i don't want to be stuck on version 8.0.

Thanks in advance.

Posted Sat 27 Feb 16 @ 12:07 pm
Have you tried adjusting the size of your ASIO buffer?

That should always be the first port of call for crackles and pops - that's why the adjustment is there. See page 6 of your DDJ-SX2 manual.

Posted Sat 27 Feb 16 @ 12:21 pm
SGS606PRO InfinityMember since 2009
Hi
Just to say I have had the same problem. Random drop outs on both decks. Not previously had any problems with this until about four weeks ago. Always use latest version of VDJ and always keep windows up to date. Have been testing the latest version of 8.1 and seems to have improved.
Windows 10
VDJ 8.1
Denon MC6000 MK2

Posted Sat 27 Feb 16 @ 11:02 pm
Haven't had a chance to try the advice given yet....had a big week at work then a venue gig friday night and a wedding gig last night.

Hopefully try in the next couple of days and will let you know how I go.

Posted Sun 06 Mar 16 @ 3:35 am
My sound keeps going up and down while I'm Djing...I have been on Forum and have adjusted zerodb to 0.75 and have autogain set to remember still I get the the sound up and down? I have lenovo PC I5 with 6gb RAM machine is strictly for DJing no other software on it other than Virtual DJ 8.1 It also sound distored as well. It was working fine as well till update

Posted Sun 06 Mar 16 @ 11:59 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Autogain should be on auto. If it's on remember only you'd manually have to lower the gain on each track.

Posted Mon 07 Mar 16 @ 5:57 am
Thanks Adion , I did have it though it is still to high and still keep getting sound fluctiating

Posted Tue 08 Mar 16 @ 1:28 am
Let's not get away from the original posters issue.

Posted Tue 08 Mar 16 @ 2:00 am
so heres where im up to

Purchased a new laptop and transferred VDJ across so I would still have play lists etc.

When I plugged the SR in the sound was fluctuating up and down.

Done the up date and checked the settings said above but still got the clicking sound but the sound didnt seem to fluctuate.

Plugged my old ERGO in and same issue.

Please solve this as im really over it and especially wasting so much time I just don't have......

Posted Wed 09 Mar 16 @ 11:50 am
reinstalled 1.2844 still no good.

reinstalled 1.2770 and now seems ok again and don't seem to have sound fluctuation

Posted Wed 09 Mar 16 @ 12:16 pm
could you record something with 2844 and 2770 to see the difference upload to a server and share the link here ?

Posted Thu 10 Mar 16 @ 12:30 am
69%