Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.1 Technical Support

Topic: sound issues after update....twice - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

pungentPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Got two venue gigs this weekend and a midweek gig next week so may be a couple of weeks before I get a chance but will try sooner

Posted Thu 10 Mar 16 @ 2:35 am
I have the same Audio issues on my Dell XPS i7 laptop. I started using VD8 on my laptop in December at the club, (because they use 7) and then sometime in February, sound would cut out for about 2 seconds -- 5 times a night between 10pm-2:30 am). I use Slideshow with videos that show videos until I mix in a music video. I uninstalled and reinstalled using build 2857 as a new install wiping out previous personal changes, not using slideshow and it still happened. I recorded a video from Wed, April 6, 2016. It happens when I am mixing in the next song (not always this way) towards the end of the video (1:37). I uninstalled 2857 and reinstalled build 2770 as someone else mentioned, plus it seems 2844 has the same issue. Not sure about builds 2821, 2828, and 2832. All recommendations about preventing USB from sleeping, maximizing the laptops use, etc. all been done with no luck. I thought the issue was because I was using a USB 3.0 port, but same issue on USB 2.0. Using a Denon DN HC-4500 at home and at the club. Same issue applies at both locations. Thanks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRX_9m6NNS0

Posted Fri 08 Apr 16 @ 4:04 am
So life has been fairly hectic over the last 6 months and also had my DDJ-SR crap it self but luckily enough Pioneer Australia replaced it after not being able to repair it.

Anyhow, about a month or so ago I decided to try and update again to the new 8.2 I think it is now and my sound through my master out is good BUT now my headphone pre-listen sound has issues. Due to time I have persevered with it but its really starting to get annoying as coming into warmer months here in Australia im starting to do more weddings again so having to play more unfamiliar tracks I really need to here properly to mix etc.

Any checks etc I can do to try and work out what is wrong.....trying to explain is just way to hard

Posted Sun 23 Oct 16 @ 9:13 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
What does your audio setup look like?
ASIO for both master and headphones?

Posted Sun 23 Oct 16 @ 9:24 am
Yep both set to ASIO.

If I change to DDJ-SR then I get my original sound issue back.

ASIO is the default when you select DDJ-SR at the top for the soundcard

Posted Mon 24 Oct 16 @ 11:19 am
djreelsPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Im having the same/similar issues. Im using an AA 14MXR with vinyl timecode. After updating i got multiple program crashes . Opened a ticket and was told :
Welcome to Atomix VirtualDJ Ticket Support Center. Delete (or move to another folder) SETTINGS.XML from Documents\VirtualDJ. Run VirtualDJ 8.2 and test again.
That didnt fix anything. restored pc and seemed to fix the issue (somewhat) now Im afraid to update anymore. I also have problems with the program cutting the music off and literally playing the music BACKWARDS during a show.
Computer is used for djing only

Posted Mon 28 Nov 16 @ 6:32 pm
Anyone got any ideas on my headphone sound issue. If I plug my ergo in it works fine so it must something in my SR drivers. I have reinstalled them etc but still has like a weird echo, white noise sound through the headphones only.

Posted Tue 20 Dec 16 @ 12:34 pm
Have you contacted Pioneer about this?

Also, it's worth asking - is the headphone sound OK with Serato? Try to narrow it down. Software or Pioneer/driver.

Posted Tue 20 Dec 16 @ 5:40 pm
Being that my Ergo works fine through headphones and my SR did work fine until I updated VDJ im more thinking its either software or driver. Have tried Serato and it also worked fine.

Posted Wed 21 Dec 16 @ 7:39 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)