Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: pitch lock not working on 8 - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

recently I've been going through my settings on 8 because my pitch is all over the place for audio. went into to settings to change it from no to yes and everytime I change it and close the options it changes right back to no. just trying to see if anyone else is having this problem.

Posted Thu 13 Nov 14 @ 4:29 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
The pitchLock setting means that when you move one pitch slider, they all move. I'm not sure this is what you want!

Posted Thu 13 Nov 14 @ 8:13 am
so where can i lock it out. i dont want the pitch to move at all.

Posted Thu 13 Nov 14 @ 5:29 pm
What do you mean by "pitch is all over the place"?

You don't want to be able to adjust the playback speed of any track you play? Then don't adjust the pitch control.

Posted Thu 13 Nov 14 @ 5:33 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
It will not move unless you move it of course or press SYNC.
If tracks when loading automatically tend to match their BPM value with the tracks loaded on other decks, change the AutoBPM setting to No from the Options.

Posted Thu 13 Nov 14 @ 5:33 pm
when i would go from deck 1 to deck 2 the pitch would automactically move. i just assumed that the pitch lock would have solved it. i changed the autoBPMmatch from smart to no. i will see if that works

Posted Thu 13 Nov 14 @ 6:02 pm
that didnt change it. what am i missing.

Posted Thu 13 Nov 14 @ 6:06 pm
PitchLock will simply lock both pitch faders so that they will move both at the same amount if one of them is moved.

autoBPMmatch to No will secure that the tracks will load at the original tempo designated by their BPM value.

If a track tends to get the tempo of the other deck when PLAY is pressed, then check if you have enabled the Smart Play from the deck options (small dot button next to the PLAY/CUe buttons)

Posted Thu 13 Nov 14 @ 6:07 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Typo ^^ autogain should read autoBPMMatch

Posted Thu 13 Nov 14 @ 6:10 pm
edited :)

Posted Thu 13 Nov 14 @ 6:14 pm
djdad, autoBPMMatch should be set to no by default.

So many users have been confused by it.

Posted Thu 13 Nov 14 @ 6:18 pm
switched to smart play still same results.

Posted Thu 13 Nov 14 @ 6:23 pm
Probably we have not understood what your issue is.
could you please again describe and provide more details ?

@Groovin, agreed. We have suggested this already to the Dev Team and hopefully will happen soon.

Posted Thu 13 Nov 14 @ 8:06 pm
ok so when i'm using deck 1 and 2. mixing on my own the pitch jumps up and down almost like its trying to match the BPM. if i'm using automix it doesn't do it. this happens on both my computers. i'm sure its a setting.

Posted Thu 13 Nov 14 @ 9:22 pm
More clarity please,
Exactly when does the pitch jump? At random, when you load the next track, when you press play.
How does the pitch jump? Up & down? How often? Does it equalise the BPMs, does it appear random.

You've set autoBPM to No, and you aren't using beat lock?
What gear are you using? Does the problem persist with the gear disconnected?
Please explain with clarity as a video might be the next thing we ask for. {sarc}always a joy to watch{/sarc}

Posted Thu 13 Nov 14 @ 9:54 pm
apart from the settings mentioned above, you may have enabled Beatlock - its per deck option (from the SCRATCH center) panel.

"using decks 1 and 2".... Does the pitch change when you press PLAY to the next deck ? Does it change after pitch bending or scratching ?

PS. If you are lost in settings and you think you have really messed up those, close VirtualDJ, delete the settings.xml file from /VirtualDJ folder, re-launch and only change the AutoBPMMatch setting to No and try again.

Posted Thu 13 Nov 14 @ 9:54 pm
ok so I will do my best to explain without showing a video. first I am using a vsm4.1 mixer acer or dell laptop. not at home so wont be able to give specs till tomorrow. the pitch jumps when I load the track wether its playing or not. yes I could reset it before it plays but sometimes I just forget to. this happens if im connected or un-connected to the mixer. I'm not a scratcher so I never used that part of the program unless I accidentaly hit something. hope this is better

Posted Fri 14 Nov 14 @ 12:19 am
A bit better (laptop specs shouldn't matter and the disconnect test discounts hardware problems)
JUMPS HOW? matches BPM or seemingly at random.

Please confirm
beatlock is off (in the scratch panel) looks like this (both off)
http://pbrd.co/1zT9yjN
autoBPMmatch is off (in advanced options)

Posted Fri 14 Nov 14 @ 12:38 am
autobpmmatch is off. beat lock not sure cause I don't use it. I am currently not at home so I wont be able to check that till morning. it's almost like it tries to match the songs beat but that doesn't make sense to me why it would cause there on separate decks.

Posted Fri 14 Nov 14 @ 12:43 am
Does it (the pitch) jump on both decks or just 1?
I put a pic in the post above.

Posted Fri 14 Nov 14 @ 12:45 am
74%