Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: pitch lock not working on 8 - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

thanks for the pic I will check that when I get home. so I will start a song on one deck and it will be fine the pitch is at 0. when I start the other deck that's when it jumps. its one or the other depending on which one the song is playing.

Posted Fri 14 Nov 14 @ 12:52 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
So after the 1st track it's every time you load a song?

I doubt it's beatlock because it switches off when you switch VDJ off. (just checked that)

Posted Fri 14 Nov 14 @ 1:04 am
yes. and like I said its like its trying to match the beat or the tempo of the song next to it

Posted Fri 14 Nov 14 @ 1:10 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
It has to be autoBPM there's no other explanation, maybe your settings have been accidentally set to read only.

Delete settings.xml start V8 and set AutoBPM to no, close V8, reopen V8 Check the setting is still set to no and test
(A bit drawn out but that's how to get to the bottom of this type of thing)

Posted Fri 14 Nov 14 @ 1:16 am
ok will check in the morning and get back to ya if there is change or no change.

Posted Fri 14 Nov 14 @ 1:19 am
so i turned off smart play and master tempo off and that seems to be the answer. i dont know if djdad was telling me to turn it off or on when he suggested that but he pointed me in the right direction. thanks guys for your help

Posted Sat 15 Nov 14 @ 5:51 am
Not only do you have to put the "autoBPMmatch " to "no",.. but also the "autoresetpitch" on "load" should be activated. With this latter it will set the pitch back to zero when a new song is loaded wether on manual or auto-dj. It was driving me nuts too until i figured it out this morning.

Posted Sun 16 Nov 14 @ 12:55 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)