Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Audio Settings Bug? - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

tonyf892 wrote :
groovindj wrote :
Try setting audioAutoDetect to no.

I tried this as well with no change to the issue

Same

Posted Fri 13 Feb 15 @ 10:48 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Are you able to change any other setting and have it as set on relaunch ?
Can you double-check the you have read-write permissions on the VirtualDJ folder ?

Posted Sat 14 Feb 15 @ 4:46 pm
Settings found in "Config > Options" do persist, as well as the database.
Directories are 755 and files are 644 (relative to the user executing VDJ).

Only audio settings and specifically the combo boxes is problematic.
Note that we can add/remove lines but we can't change what's inside the combo boxes. So if we add lines they're bound to remain "master" lines.

Other combo boxes (such as the ones found in the Options tab) work fine.

Posted Sun 15 Feb 15 @ 5:15 am
djdad wrote :
Are you able to change any other setting and have it as set on relaunch ?
Can you double-check the you have read-write permissions on the VirtualDJ folder ?

I have read and write permissions, other settings remain saved after changing them. This is only specific to Audio source/sound and channel. Again when attempting to change anything it reverts back. Here is a link to a video of the problem i am having. https://www.dropbox.com/s/omwn3000jdof8p3/Settings%20Issue.mov?dl=0

Let me know if this helps

Posted Thu 19 Feb 15 @ 7:12 pm
firekraag wrote :
Settings found in "Config > Options" do persist, as well as the database.
Directories are 755 and files are 644 (relative to the user executing VDJ).

Only audio settings and specifically the combo boxes is problematic.
Note that we can add/remove lines but we can't change what's inside the combo boxes. So if we add lines they're bound to remain "master" lines.

Other combo boxes (such as the ones found in the Options tab) work fine.

This is exactly the issue thank you

Posted Thu 19 Feb 15 @ 7:18 pm
Same thing happens if the Mic is removed from the audio configuration ?

Can you also post a screenshot of your Audio Midi Setup (Applications->Utilities) ?

Posted Thu 19 Feb 15 @ 7:21 pm

Posted Sun 22 Feb 15 @ 10:20 am
I could think of a case where an application (running in the background) is taking exclusive control over your built-in sound card. Any chance such an application is doing that on your computer ?
Can you also try to disable the Network and Bluetooth from Midi Studio and try again ?

Posted Sun 22 Feb 15 @ 6:18 pm
I already tried all of that, that's a wicked and very annoying bug, so of course I tried without any stray app. My Mac's very clean, and first thing I do when I encounter a bug is reboot the Mac and do a ps aux. The only apps capable of taking exclusive control are Ableton Live and Adobe Audition. I don't quite master 10% of their individual capabilities so I think I'll defer running them at the same time with VDJ. ^_^

I also tried to fiddle with the VDJ8 'exclusive control' setting, but neither does it work around the bug we're discussing, nor does it take exclusive control whatsoever.

In MIDI studio there's no way of disabling those devices. However upon doubleclicking the BT one it shows "MIDI over BT is not supported) and upon doubleclicking the network one it show nothing.

By the way, of course I gig with BT and Wi-Fi disabled.

Posted Mon 23 Feb 15 @ 2:51 am
firekraag wrote :
I already tried all of that, that's a wicked and very annoying bug, so of course I tried without any stray app. My Mac's very clean, and first thing I do when I encounter a bug is reboot the Mac and do a ps aux. The only apps capable of taking exclusive control are Ableton Live and Adobe Audition. I don't quite master 10% of their individual capabilities so I think I'll defer running them at the same time with VDJ. ^_^

I also tried to fiddle with the VDJ8 'exclusive control' setting, but neither does it work around the bug we're discussing, nor does it take exclusive control whatsoever.

In MIDI studio there's no way of disabling those devices. However upon doubleclicking the BT one it shows "MIDI over BT is not supported) and upon doubleclicking the network one it show nothing.

By the way, of course I gig with BT and Wi-Fi disabled.

In addition to whats state above, I also did a fresh install of Yosemite only new program being virtual DJ 8. It did not resolve the problem.

Posted Mon 23 Feb 15 @ 10:38 am
Any news? We'd like to get a fix ;D

Posted Mon 09 Mar 15 @ 11:00 am
Yeah im still waiting too....

Posted Mon 09 Mar 15 @ 1:37 pm
firekraag wrote :
Any news? We'd like to get a fix ;D

Can you go into activity monitor and show me everything you have running, also a list of all the apps you have installed.

Posted Tue 10 Mar 15 @ 12:30 pm
pmquanHome userMember since 2014
i got this problem also :( i think this bug related to display/menu/dropdown menu bug.

Posted Tue 10 Mar 15 @ 2:03 pm

Posted Wed 11 Mar 15 @ 7:02 am

Posted Wed 11 Mar 15 @ 11:10 am
Are you guys on a Retina display btw ?

Posted Wed 11 Mar 15 @ 11:45 am
djdad wrote :
Are you guys on a Retina display btw ?

Yes we are.

Posted Wed 11 Mar 15 @ 12:08 pm
The Latest update fixed the issue

Posted Sun 22 Mar 15 @ 11:28 am
tonyf892 wrote :
The Latest update fixed the issue. Thank you everyone for your input.

Posted Sun 22 Mar 15 @ 3:50 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)