Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Audio Settings Bug? - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

I'm using VDJ 8 pro on a 2013 MBP with OS X Yosemite. Few days ago I could easily change the audio setting to built in output, Numark DJIO, airplay, etc. Today I tried but it is stuck on built in output whether you choose speakers or speakers with headphones. No matter what sound card/source I choose, it won't change and stays on built in output. I tried factory resetting but didn't work.

Posted Sun 09 Nov 14 @ 3:32 am
I'm also experiencing the same issue. I'm currently running OS X 10.9.5 with VDJ8 Build 2028. Previously I could select which ever audio outputs or inputs that I wanted however, VDJ8 currently seems stuck on one selection.

Posted Sun 09 Nov 14 @ 9:53 am
I'm experiencing the same issues, I can't add my Microphone anymore since I livestream this is a huge annoyance.

Posted Sun 09 Nov 14 @ 4:28 pm
I had to use a 3.5mm to 1/4" for a gig and I couldn't use my headphones!

Posted Sun 09 Nov 14 @ 10:32 pm
Called with customer support about the issue since i have another set coming up tonight. the agent told me there was an anomaly there, but he's running the same build as I am on a mac and to him it's working fine. he suggests waiting a few days and it should be fixed in the next patch (about 2-3 days). im a bit impatient so im gonna try to run some system check and update every last driver i can find. If something works ill post it

Posted Mon 10 Nov 14 @ 2:22 pm
try deleting your settings.xml file in your VDJ folder and retest. While the visual artifact might still be present you should still be able to switch to the proper sound card / channels etc.

Posted Mon 10 Nov 14 @ 2:55 pm
Have same issue here.

Was only able to get correct settings when I manually modified settings.xml.

Correct coreaudio device_id was fun to find... Had to use mplayer for that :P

Posted Wed 12 Nov 14 @ 7:40 pm
where do i find the settings.xml file on a mac?

Posted Thu 13 Nov 14 @ 2:16 am
Have you found a solution to this problem because I use a sound card TRAKTOR AUDIO 10 and I can not use the timecode. the input and outputs 1 & 2 are not made to receive the phono signal. impossible to change the audio routing

Posted Fri 14 Nov 14 @ 4:05 am
This is still a problem for me

Posted Tue 16 Dec 14 @ 4:03 am
I'm trying to use the track cleaner and there's no audio coming out on the playback. All the volume levels are up and the audio comes out when I play the same song on the decks, but not the case with the track cleaner and I can't figure it out. Any suggestions?

Posted Tue 16 Dec 14 @ 9:07 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Suggestion: Don't use the track cleaner it's a massive time sink, :-)
(POI can do all that much quicker when you know what to do, PM me if you need tips)

Really: erm, have you configured preview to an output (AudioConfig)

Posted Wed 17 Dec 14 @ 1:54 am
Good night. I have a Numark NS7 controller and a Virtual DJ V8 Pro (with license). When I use this new program with may Mac Book Pro w/ OSX V 10.8.5, the sound comes very distorted, as if the controller has not been so good installed. When you go to set up the controller, the "Numark NS&" option appear as a "card", but you can't select it. Could someone help me?

Posted Tue 23 Dec 14 @ 6:37 pm
Has anyone found a solution for this yet? Deleting the settings.xml file does nothing...

Posted Thu 12 Feb 15 @ 8:14 pm
When attempting to change any audio settings in VDJ 8 they stay the same, I cant use anything other than what it defaults as .

Posted Thu 12 Feb 15 @ 8:51 pm
What hardware are you using (computer / controller)?

What software (VDJ and OS) are you using - Build? Beta?

Has this just started happening? Did you try reverting to an earlier build?

Posted Fri 13 Feb 15 @ 6:27 am
I have the same exact bug, I can load previously-made XML settings, I can add and remove config lines but dropboxes don't work!

VDJ build 2151 (though the bug appeared a long time ago).
OS X Yosemite (13" Late-2013 MBP w/ i5, 16GB, 256GB SSD).
Using Pioneer DDJ-SX and Kontrol F1 but even without any controller plugged-in problem is still there.
Tried deleting settings.xml file, problem is still there (and it's not just a visual artifact).

The bug started to appear several builds ago, I did post on the regression thread without anyone getting interested...
I just know that build 1878 did not do this. (kinda old reference I know, I should try and backtrack up to the latest functional build when I get time...)

Posted Fri 13 Feb 15 @ 11:41 am
Try setting audioAutoDetect to no.

Posted Fri 13 Feb 15 @ 12:01 pm
VDJ Build is 2139.937 (Bug also appeared awhile ago)
OSX Yosemite (15" Retina Display Late-2013 MBP w/ i7 16GB, 750GB SSD).
Cannot change source sound card or channel. the drop down shows the options but when selected nothing happens.

I have done a fresh install of VDJ as well ass a fresh install of Yosemite and the problem still is there.

Posted Fri 13 Feb 15 @ 2:09 pm
groovindj wrote :
Try setting audioAutoDetect to no.

I tried this as well with no change to the issue

Posted Fri 13 Feb 15 @ 2:13 pm
50%