Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: next build should foucus on automix issues - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

we all be having problems with the automix I think the next builds should be directed on automix issue this is an area that I causing a lot of problems but has not be addressed do u all agree with this

Posted Mon 08 Sep 14 @ 10:05 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
No, time code needs to be right first. I do not care one bit about automix.

Posted Mon 08 Sep 14 @ 10:36 am
the last several build have been time code fixes there area lot of djs that use automix for different reasons I use it for my internet radio station for 24/7 use automix is needed in the broadcasting area for djs that use this feature if broadcasting is not important then it should of not been put into the software

Posted Mon 08 Sep 14 @ 11:23 am
djsteve27 wrote :
we all be having problems with the automix I think the next builds should be directed on automix issue this is an area that I causing a lot of problems but has not be addressed do u all agree with this

I agree with you.

Posted Mon 08 Sep 14 @ 11:36 am
What's "AutoMix"??

Posted Mon 08 Sep 14 @ 11:42 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
I'm not saying it (automix) isn't important, just that Timecode is the issue being fixed now and shouldn't be dropped until it's right.
I don't use timecode but still want to see put to bed.

Posted Mon 08 Sep 14 @ 11:44 am
Sure. let's argue which problem is more important... and then we have someone that says "what is automix". Obviously has never done a wedding, cocktail or played dinner music.

Posted Mon 08 Sep 14 @ 12:52 pm
automix is like auto dj or in my case is used for song automation which is used first on a gig to free up time for the dj to socialize with the crowd etc for me its used to keep the music going 24/7 on my internet radio station so I don't have to be babysit it only when im on air to manually play songs automation is a big fancy word for automix

Posted Mon 08 Sep 14 @ 1:44 pm
No arguing about what should get fixed and when cause it's all gonna get looked at sooner or later......

But just to clear the air for "Magic", yes I've done those things plenty of times and those are the times I roll with a partner.

I get more satisfaction out of mixing things myself. Not saying I'm better or anything like that so don't get it twisted but it's obvious I do things a little different then you.

As for doing a 24/7 radio show yeah I get that.

I just don't think it's reLly that big of a deal right when you still can use 7...............

Posted Mon 08 Sep 14 @ 2:01 pm
7 doesn't offer time clock in automix where u know when a song I going to play that new in 7 also the tagging is a lot better in 8 and if u need to get a song from content unlimited u don't have to download the tag first its there already I have to report info on every song I play for royalty purposes the sound engine is better too

Posted Mon 08 Sep 14 @ 2:05 pm
Automix editor was one of the most important reasons why I bought vdj. To prepare and finetune many playlist fast. But it is not working at all. Not fair to use it as sales argument. Please handle with priority.

Posted Mon 08 Sep 14 @ 3:01 pm
Unfortunately, now that we don't what is causing the random problem, it will most likely be put on the back burner.

Oh well, thought I had the reason why it was stopping guys...

Also, most, if not ALL never MIX during dinner or cocktails. Most use autoplay... but if you mix during cocktail hour or dinner... great.

Locodog, it says your a home user? How are you able to use timecode? Isn't that an Infinity feature?

Posted Mon 08 Sep 14 @ 4:36 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Automix will get the love it deserves guys.. just be patient.

Posted Mon 08 Sep 14 @ 4:49 pm
I believe automix is autoplay same thing

Posted Mon 08 Sep 14 @ 5:21 pm
djdad, let's just wait and see when this gets fixed.

Posted Tue 09 Sep 14 @ 7:52 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
While I agree there are some features in automix that need attention namely the drag and drop feature and removal of tracks as it was in V7, these were great when using that side of the browser for taking requests and shuffling about tracks, but what really needs "love and attention" is the use of the video sampler.

The video sampler was given high profile status on the features side of the new V8 press releases, unfortunately while I love the new video sampler it still can't be used to it's full potential, we have been waiting months since the official release of V8 for it to be fixed. The problems that it has detract from the many pluses that it could have and I mean could have.

Namely, you can't use video samples unless you have a music video in one of the decks, which means the use of milkdrop loses half of it's "value", you have two empty/blank deck monitors when playing audio only files, yes I know it doesn't affect the output source, but it does look damn weird and unsettling when you and clients are looking at two thirds of empty display monitors on your screen. I'm sure in the early releases it would work even with just milkdrop running, in fact I mentioned in a post that the loss of clipbank would be negated by the new features the video sampler brought, but it appears this has been lost in updates to the official release and the current beta versions as well.

Hey, if I'm using this wrong would someone please let me know how to correct these problems and I apologise for my dumbness, remember I'm not bashing V8 here just pointing out what I think needs looking at first.

Posted Tue 09 Sep 14 @ 8:48 am
Agreed 100% Tayla!!

Posted Tue 09 Sep 14 @ 10:24 am
Agreed 100% - get AutoMix fixed as priority - Would love to run v8 but still using v7.4.1 as it is more stable and does some intelligent mixes..

Posted Tue 09 Sep 14 @ 12:28 pm
In all honesty VDJ8 should not be out in the wild in such an incomplete state. There was very little internal beta testing and now we're doing it.

Posted Tue 09 Sep 14 @ 1:13 pm
kradcliffe wrote :
In all honesty VDJ8 should not be out in the wild in such an incomplete state. There was very little internal beta testing and now we're doing it.

Seriously. I really think all the beta testers just hit play and nothing else. I haven't turned on vdj 8 in almost 2 months, nor do I intend to in the next few. I guarantee I will find problems after all the problems are fixed. I still find bugs in 7.4 to this day.

Posted Tue 09 Sep 14 @ 2:26 pm
65%