Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: next build should foucus on automix issues - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Krad, don't get me started... when I come back from the bathroom and all I hear is dead air on a program that should JUST WORK, I get a little upset.

That's all I am going to say... I tend to speak my mind more than I should. VDJ people hate me for this.

Posted Tue 09 Sep 14 @ 5:37 pm
djdad wrote :
Automix will get the love it deserves guys.. just be patient.

Great, I'm looking forward to feeling it.
One extra wish would be the abillity to toggle the time display in automix to show total time or time remaing :)

Posted Wed 10 Sep 14 @ 6:54 am
Maybe worth a try, if you're like me and rely on the automix a lot when you're working;
Kick back to build 1820 :) .... everything works fine, all my playlists, virtual folders, cleared the list lots of times, jumped around in them, one deck/two decks in and out, have just played 8 hours of automix and it didn't fail once! And I'm running milkdrop or karaoke files at the same time.
I'm still looking forward to when the issues with automix will be looked at, but until then I'm happy with build 1820.
ps. it's good to delete the settings file before the new install of the older version, it only takes an hour or two to tweak the new old version, i do it slowly and save the settings more often ....just in case.
& even though it does'nt show it,,, I've been usin CUE professionally since 2005.

Posted Thu 11 Sep 14 @ 6:39 pm
My automix only works on channel 1. Using vdj 8 and mc6000mk2. Also using 4 deck mode. Could not get automix to work on 2 deck mode. Is this normal?

Posted Thu 23 Oct 14 @ 11:49 am
Channel 1? You mean on a single deck?

Yeah, that's normal. Way back in the mists of time, it was changed in order to leave the other deck free to load a track so you could come out of automix.

The thing is, since the ability to have more than two decks in VDJ, it's not really necessary any more IMO.

You can still change it back to two deck automix with the config option automixDualDeck.

Posted Thu 23 Oct 14 @ 12:08 pm
Those I found today, alongside the other problems I reported...

No insertion indicator in automix touch skin,
Automix not constant in mixing one track to another,

I work with playlists, one for each girl, made the lists with a mix of resident and Content Unlimited tracks:
VDJ8: just erased all non resident files,VDJ7 keeps everything

I now have to stop using VDJ8 and go back to 7.4.1
I will have to recreate all virtual folders since they don't transfer...

Very frustrating after paying $300...

Posted Thu 23 Oct 14 @ 12:54 pm
To answer groovendj
In atomix settings if you choose: dual decks=yes
It will go from one deck to the other with alt-spacebar
But will also show next song in same deck as two tracks

Another bug found today lol

Posted Thu 23 Oct 14 @ 1:00 pm
djjammaster wrote :
My automix only works on channel 1. Using vdj 8 and mc6000mk2. Also using 4 deck mode. Could not get automix to work on 2 deck mode. Is this normal?

CORRECTION the automix only works on channel 3 or deck 3 when using 4 deck mixer not channel 1 as stated

Posted Thu 23 Oct 14 @ 3:29 pm
Meanwhile, in the view from an old guy that's just come home from work, got home ... drunk a beer ... smoked a "cigerette, you did't get in a pack" to quote Bill Haley, then laptop on and check what's going on here.
I use VDJ8 every day to earn my living.
After reading the complete thread again just now; I can agree with "almöst" all of the the posts, and if you check what's been happening in the last builds you will have to agree that a lot of automix issues have been looked at.
So this a maybe just a plea to suggest that we should concentrate on positive impulses, or should that be impulsi, my English is not so good.
Anyway, I'm glad to see that the "automix" posse are still in the house.

Posted Thu 23 Oct 14 @ 3:44 pm
a wee bump,
check out what's happening at the moment, maybe "Automix" hasn't been forgotten

Posted Fri 31 Oct 14 @ 1:06 pm
I do feel positive about v8 moving forwards but I wish that the development team would acknowledge or respond to those who are having issues. It just seems they are picking at Automix and not looking at it as an overall issue.

I have offered on many occasions to show them what the problems are but no one has taken me up on the offer. Its not from a lack of assistance on my part......

Posted Sat 01 Nov 14 @ 5:54 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)