Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: NS7 problem that makes vdj 8 useless - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JV8DsNzjJY

the video shows it all . this never got fixed since vdj came out.
system is i7 quad core, 8 gigs ram, 1 gig video,

works perfect with vdj7.4.1 even while mixing video and downloading online and livefeed video. so i know the problem is with vdj8.

please please please. fix this . it's been months and i never got an acknowledgement . the platter stutter was fixed but this main issue never did.

Posted Sun 17 Aug 14 @ 11:39 pm
+1

Posted Wed 20 Aug 14 @ 12:32 pm
+1

Posted Wed 20 Aug 14 @ 4:51 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Could you post a picture of the audio setup?
It looks like even the vu meters on-screen are not displaying anything, so perhaps filter or some effect still on?
The click sound you get when moving the fader up or down also would seem to indicate some broken effect or something.

Posted Thu 21 Aug 14 @ 7:45 am
Just wanted to say I've never had nor seen this problem with my NS7 on any of the 8 builds. Sorry you guys are having problems but no +1 here in the USA.

Posted Thu 21 Aug 14 @ 6:15 pm
i'm in mexico will post the audio configuration when I get back. question though. what makes you think it's the audio configuration settings? I use virtual dj 7 4-5 nights a week and always at least 4 hours. version 7 has no issues . but using vdj8 with same settings input mic, headphone 3&4, main 1&2 gives me random audio drop out anytime after 10 min to 2 hours in gigs. those who claim to not have any problem. have you used karaoke? video and every effects? what laptop specs are you using ? I'm sure there's more than 4 people in here with ns7. I know at least 10 locally in my area who HAVE the same problem.

Posted Sun 24 Aug 14 @ 7:51 am
Adion wrote :
Could you post a picture of the audio setup?
It looks like even the vu meters on-screen are not displaying anything, so perhaps filter or some effect still on?
The click sound you get when moving the fader up or down also would seem to indicate some broken effect or something.

I did not use any effects in this session I was in the backyard testing the audio if it has been fixed. and as you can see it has not.

Posted Sun 24 Aug 14 @ 7:53 am
Perhaps I spoke too soon.... latest build, doing video, Pangolin Essential, about 45 min into it and lost audio on both decks. I had done a windows update & restarted prior and I believe my wifi was off, so no report sent.

Posted Thu 28 Aug 14 @ 6:22 pm
One day its good, one day its not so good. Today it was good. Updated to beta build 1941, played videos for about an hour running Pangolin Essential and Wi-Fi on. Going live Sat night with it. If its not rock solid I cant bitch..... but I will.

Posted Fri 29 Aug 14 @ 6:55 pm
Ok, 5 hours on the NS7FX doing videos & Pangolin Essential, latest beta 1941, Win8.1, no wifi.
The ONLY problem I experienced was a stutter & slowing of the track that lasts about 2-4 seconds. Happened about 6 times.
Solid performance otherwise.

Posted Sun 31 Aug 14 @ 12:11 am
for now, i've stopped using vdj 8 . it's far from being stable with ns7. they claim to have fixed it by bringing vdj7 moving platter code or something. but like i said from day 1. it never worked properly with ns7. I have yet to test it again. will report back in a few days . yes i test it out more than 4 hours at a time. it's the only way to really tell. I lost interest in vdj 8. for me, STABILITY is EVERYTHING.

Posted Mon 08 Sep 14 @ 12:37 am
I agree,
professionals who live with us for our work this is not acceptable, and software competitors are moving forward ...

Posted Mon 08 Sep 14 @ 6:41 am
JynxxPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Are you POSITIVE that everything is set up correctly? I have an NS7 and I have no problems whatsoever with v8. My PC is much beefier than yours, but I don't think that is the issue.
Have you checked the controller section of the config?
Can you hear the left deck in the headphones?
Have you tried another skin?

ALSO.... I noticed that when you moved the volume slider up and down there was a big POP or CLICK... are you sure it's not your crossfader or slider? Even if it works with v7 or something it could be a problem with the slider sending the correct signal.

Posted Mon 08 Sep 14 @ 12:21 pm
It could also be a USB issue. Have you tried switching out cables?
Have you tried using it on a different computer?

Sorry for all the questions, just trying to narrow it down for you. I had a problem with v7 and my MC6000 not playing the right deck, or sometimes it would stutter in and out. It turned out to be a bad USB.

Posted Mon 08 Sep 14 @ 12:27 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Indeed it could be a USB buffer issue, due to the volume of the data that the motors send.

Posted Mon 08 Sep 14 @ 5:11 pm
I could be wrong but ive been using the same usb lately with v7.it works flawlessly. In regards to The video(vdj8) : everything works, cue headphone, everything works, then left channel drops out 2 hours in. I have yet to test it again as it has been3 versions since i had the issue. Thanks guys. Just really frustrated when you're charging $1000 and up stability is everything!

Posted Tue 09 Sep 14 @ 10:56 pm
leespcPRO InfinityMember since 2011
I have NS72 and a Mixtack pro2 and both run sweet with VDJ7-8. I run a Toshiba notebook i7 quad core, 8G ram but I dont use it for any thing else.
Also I had all the bloatware removed (windows office, Toshiba free software) by a pro. The four biggest CPU users are wifi, antivirus, windows services
and windows explorer. When ever I use my DJ set up I always "disable"my wifi network adapters which you can find in the device manager.
I also temporarily disable antivirus (until restart) in advanced setting. I guess a more powerful set up for those who stream live on the net that
need these features. If you use windows you can check your CPU usage in real time in control panel, action center, (on left) view performance information,
advanced tools, (administrator) open resource manager. Unwanted temp files, user logs and the like also clog up your computer CCleaner which has a
up to date free version at Piriform and free Defragler which is a must for any computer. I hope this helps the smaller computers. Keep them Lean and Clean!!!

Posted Thu 11 Sep 14 @ 2:27 pm
leespc wrote :
If you use windows you can check your CPU usage in real time in control panel, action center, (on left) view performance information,
advanced tools, (administrator) open resource manager. Unwanted temp files, user logs and the like also clog up your computer CCleaner which has a
up to date free version at Piriform and free Defragler which is a must for any computer. I hope this helps the smaller computers. Keep them Lean and Clean!!!

A couple things here, from an IT pro :-)
First, DO NOT EVER... evereverever.... defragment your hard drive if it is an SSD (solid state drive). Since there is no physical "disk" on an SSD, it is never fragmented, and defragmenting one can actually cause A LOT of harm. So if you don't know whether or not your hard drive is an SSD or not, find out before defragging!

Next tip..... Instead of going through the control panel and all that, just push CTRL+SHIFT+ESC and it will bring up the Windows Task Manager. That in itself is a neat trick to know, but you can also use it to monitor all of your resources in real time, set task priority, task affinity (how many processor threads each program should use), and you can end tasks that are unresponsive as well.
If you get to the task manager, and you have never used it before, you will just get a small list of programs that are running. Once you click "More Details" it really opens it up. You can sort each column on its own, either ascending or descending (just like you would in VDJ... say with BPM or something), and can see what your overall usage is right from the "Processes" tab. By default there are 6 columns on that tab - Name, Status (where it will say "not responding", but it's usually blank), CPU, Memory, Disk, and Network.

THE REAL tab you want is the next one over, PERFORMANCE. This gives you a graph of usage % over time for everything from CPU and Memory (RAM) to each hard drive and network/internet usage, and has statistics for each one below the graph, which are also shown in real time. For instance, under Memory it shows you the size and current speed (in mhz) of your RAM (mine is 1866mhz), how many slots are used (mine is 4/8), as well as how much is in use and available (mine is 3.2 in use, 28.7 available).
There is also a link at the bottom of the performance tab for the Resource Manager, which is what leespc originally was linking to. I just think that the Task Manager handles the job much easier, and with the shortcut it's almost instant feedback. You can still go to the "Details" tab in the Task Manager and find out what programs are using what resources. This helps you troubleshoot A LOT of problems. In fact I keep my details tab set to "Memory - Private Working Set" - descending. That way if I have any memory leaks I know about them right away.

There are other tabs on there that are invaluable to me as well such as "Startup" (lets you disable programs that start when windows starts), and Services (which is a more slimmed down version of the Windows Services tool, but works pretty much the same).

Lastly, if the ONLY thing you are using your laptop for is DJing, don't use an antivirus. A/V programs are huge resource hogs, and since they have to scan everything for viruses, that can free up a lot of CPU and RAM. Remember that and AV program wouldn't stop people from hacking or attacking your computer anyway, that is what a firewall is for.
I mainly use my desktop PC to DJ with nowadays, but my laptop is totally blank except for Windows 8.1 and VDJ. And even then I cut out a ton of crap out of Windows. All my music is on a 3tb USB3.0 external hard drive, and I always use that for VDJ... and if you keep the drive letter of the HD the same on both systems (my HD is always drive letter H) it will use the exact same database entries, so I keep a backup of my entire VDJ system folder on that drive, as well as a copy of the latest installer.

If anyone reading this ever has any general PC questions or issues I would be happy to help, it's what I used to do for a living ;-)

Posted Fri 12 Sep 14 @ 7:28 pm
thank you everyone for all the kind support and amazing tips. i tried the latest build of vdj8 build 1949.804 still same issue. everything works and then out of nowhere i would loose left channel and i'm left with what you can see in the video above. I did not activate the advance tab to use the vdj 7.4.1 platter algorithm (i don't know how) but will try it soon. this time i lost the left channel after 1 hour. it seems to be random. i had to switch to vjd7 and ran perfect for 5 hours using the same cable . so how do i use the old algorithm for vdj 8 ?

Posted Sun 14 Sep 14 @ 6:56 pm
errm nvm

Posted Sun 14 Sep 14 @ 7:04 pm
54%