Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: NS7 problem that makes vdj 8 useless - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hey guys I want to start by giving kudos to VDJ and all contributors to this forum, very informative and helpful. I am planning on buying the NS7 to use with vdj8, and from the looks of it it seems it takes luck working for some people, and not others. Does anyone have any other controller in mind that is a guaranteed midi controller with inbuilt sound card that is compatible and stable with vdj8? I love vdj8, and want to go into video mixing full time. Please any suggestions that fit the above requirements is highly welcomed. Thank you.

Posted Mon 15 Sep 14 @ 5:23 pm
will this ever get fixed? ever? thanks for trying .

Posted Mon 15 Sep 14 @ 9:27 pm
It may well get fixed if you provide enough detail about your exact setup/settings in VDJ 8.

Others have said their NS7s work fine, so something in your VDJ config or computer setup is different/causing issues.

So far you've not given any detail on what your setup is, just made a quick video that doesn't really help solve anything.

People have tried to help (even Adion himself), asking questions which you've not answered. Give as much detail as possible.

Posted Tue 16 Sep 14 @ 11:37 am
groovindj wrote :
It may well get fixed if you provide enough detail about your exact setup/settings in VDJ 8.

Others have said their NS7s work fine, so something in your VDJ config or computer setup is different/causing issues.

So far you've not given any detail on what your setup is, just made a quick video that doesn't really help solve anything.

People have tried to help (even Adion himself), asking questions which you've not answered. Give as much detail as possible.

I will have to take a video once it fails again. i've been djing 4 nights a week and other things so i've been very busy. but I will take a video of all the settings not just pics so once i loose the leftside audio (drop out) I will post a new video which will include all the audio settings.

Posted Fri 19 Sep 14 @ 1:23 pm
i gave up on vdj 8 and ns7.wrong bpms,audio crackle or skip sometimes when you load a track on a non active deck.i switched back to 7.4

Posted Thu 25 Sep 14 @ 4:29 am
I have similar problems when mixing/scratching .mp4 videos; sometimes I loose all Audio, visually everything is OK,but no Music from speakers, if I open audio settings and press "Apply" I get a quick sound on/off, like the video from Gimmo, if I repeatedly press "Apply" I hear the music on/off, and if I switch to CoreAudio, I have sound feedback again, must test it again with my NI A2DJ...

Posted Thu 25 Sep 14 @ 6:55 am
When Im playing a song and load a song my music hesitate and screen skips and this makes current song that's playing drags a little . Im running Vdj pro 8 on Windows 7 64 bit on a envy 6 notebook amd a6 -455m apu with Radeon- processor ram 4.00 GB . My Controller is the NS7FX . do any one or have or had this problem . Please enlighten me on how to solve this issue

Posted Tue 30 Sep 14 @ 9:14 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Could you try changing the option songLoadPriority and seeing if that helps?

Posted Wed 01 Oct 14 @ 11:38 am
Jason KPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Using the Ns7 iI and I'm not having any luck either. It just locks up after awhile. Computer has plenty of balls to get the job done, and system performance seems nearly unscathed. I rarely go above a couple gigs of mem and processor is typically under 10% even when it jumps up. Everything works just fine on VDJ 7 though. Would really like to get this figured out, the sound quality on VDJ 8 is noticeably better and I'm looking forward to taking advantage of all the new bells and whistles.

Posted Mon 06 Oct 14 @ 2:34 pm
Loslobo8796@gmail.com wrote :
When Im playing a song and load a song my music hesitate and screen skips and this makes current song that's playing drags a little . Im running Vdj pro 8 on Windows 7 64 bit on a envy 6 notebook amd a6 -455m apu with Radeon- processor ram 4.00 GB . My Controller is the NS7FX . do any one or have or had this problem . Please enlighten me on how to solve this issue

i've had this happen to me a while back but it's the crashing that really bothers me. my current situation (2 builds ago) it will work for about 2 hours then all of sudden i would LOOSE my left audio. The only sound i would hear will be pop/click . I could be wrong but it might be latency issue (when set too low) ? but then again ns7 is supposed to have a good sound card with little or no latency. I will test it again with the latest version and report back in a couple of hours. it will take me half a day testing. wish me luck.

Posted Sun 02 Nov 14 @ 9:13 am
SBDJ wrote :
Could you try changing the option songLoadPriority and seeing if that helps?

i'm sorry what exactly do you mean by this ? what option do i change it to?

Posted Sun 02 Nov 14 @ 9:15 am
Did a 6 + hour gig last night with latest beta build & NS7FX. Had the stutter & slow down while playing a track twice . I swear I hear a slowdown in bpm. The sound quality was mediocre at best. I thought I lost audio on one of the decks twice, but one may have been operator error, not certain. And something new, after loading a track its not starting from the beginning. I don't gig much anymore so its not that big of a deal to me personally, but if I had gigs lined up I would be considering a Pioneer DDJ-SX2 and retire the NS7 tomorrow.

Posted Sun 02 Nov 14 @ 11:14 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
gimmo wrote :
i'm sorry what exactly do you mean by this ? what option do i change it to?

If you are experiencing issues when loading tracks then as a test try changing the advanced option songLoadPriority from it's default 'normal' to 'low' or even 'idle' and see if you still experience issues. I was hoping this would have some impact on any dropouts, stutters or slowdowns during a load.

Posted Sun 02 Nov 14 @ 11:37 am
Not to take away from anyone else but I checked & my songLoadPriority was on "Low" and still had the two incidents of stutter. I noticed how slow tracks load on "Idle", perhaps someone can give live gig test results regarding any difference in performance.

Posted Mon 03 Nov 14 @ 1:27 am
so it's been 2 hours and i haven't had issue with the latest version playing audio only. i'm not sure if it's related to not using prelisten . prelisten is gone somehow on the skin, or maybe it's just me? things are looking up. great job vdj team.

Posted Sun 23 Nov 14 @ 4:00 pm
Well I dusted off the ole NS7 last night and played for about an hour (audio only), had only one glitch. The screen froze up but it didn't effect the audio or me scratching but once it unfroze the audio sped up for a second and then everything was normal again.

I'll practice some more tonight but other then that one glitch it's been pretty good for me.

Posted Mon 24 Nov 14 @ 7:05 am
The latest beta is the best yet I believe. Sound and performance is tight.
( NS7FX on Win8.1 )

Posted Mon 24 Nov 14 @ 6:09 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)