Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Numark Ns7 II filter roll problem - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

ZamoodaPRO InfinityMember since 2010
DJ DAD were you able to view the vids I posted?

Posted Mon 09 Jun 14 @ 12:04 pm
dj nonePRO InfinityMember since 2005
1828.680 filter roll still not fixed

Posted Mon 09 Jun 14 @ 3:32 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
@dj none
Even though i tried hard, i followed your instructions, tested thoroughly etc.. i could not reproduce what you are experiencing.
The actions of the mapping are correct. Once again, the Loop Roll effect is disabled as soon as i remove my finger/hand from the knob. The Filter indeed is still engaged until you bring that at 12 o clock position.
If that is not the case for you, (Loop Roll effect is still running for a few seconds or constantly right after release), i can only think of 2 things. 1.Since its a touch sensitive capacitor, there might be a grounding issue on your side. 2. Faulty device

@Zamooda, yes there was a bug in the mapping, some actions were left from previous version which were triggering the Master Effect instead of the video effect, and probably that was the issue with the Backspin on the platter, as the Backspin effect was probably selected in the MASTER panel (Master Effect).

Mapping files are updated. Please make sure your build ends at .684 or higher (let the software run for a while, then relaunch), and use the factory default mapping.

Posted Fri 13 Jun 14 @ 4:45 am
dj nonePRO InfinityMember since 2005
djdad wrote :
@dj none
Even though i tried hard, i followed your instructions, tested thoroughly etc.. i could not reproduce what you are experiencing.
The actions of the mapping are correct. Once again, the Loop Roll effect is disabled as soon as i remove my finger/hand from the knob. The Filter indeed is still engaged until you bring that at 12 o clock position.
If that is not the case for you, (Loop Roll effect is still running for a few seconds or constantly right after release), i can only think of 2 things. 1.Since its a touch sensitive capacitor, there might be a grounding issue on your side. 2. Faulty device

@Zamooda, yes there was a bug in the mapping, some actions were left from previous version which were triggering the Master Effect instead of the video effect, and probably that was the issue with the Backspin on the platter, as the Backspin effect was probably selected in the MASTER panel (Master Effect).

Mapping files are updated. Please make sure your build ends at .684 or higher (let the software run for a while, then relaunch), and use the factory default mapping.

please read my first post again /i never mentioned 12 o'clock and moving left right ,just that it's acting like touch sensitive even if is turned off

same in serato dj (which i don't use because its crashing my computer (acording to serato dj team my ns7II is faulty :) :) :) now i have deinstalled serato
deinstalled vdj 8 and installed it again in new folder ,got no effects problem like before (conflict vdj 7 and 8)
but filter roll problem is the same.

i will continue using version 7 because of two reasons ....no grounding problems and no faulty (same ns7II device ) filter roll is working perfectly

Posted Fri 13 Jun 14 @ 5:20 am
DAD thanks for the update. When using the factory default everything works fine. But i need to make/have these changes listed below. when i do this tho it reverts back to the buttons causing the spin back and hesitations. thoughts?

CRATES: cycle '$cfmode' 3
LED_CRATES: var '$cfmode'2 ? blink : var '$cfmode' 1 ? on : off
CROSSFADER: var '$cfmode' 2 ? video_crossfader & crossfader : var '$cfmode' 1 ? video_crossfader : crossfader

Posted Mon 16 Jun 14 @ 11:03 pm
DJ DAD - I noticed that if I change the CRATES and LED_CRATES the interface will act normally (the way you fixed it,) when I made changes to the CROSSFADER is when all the hiccups occur. thoughts?

Posted Wed 18 Jun 14 @ 1:46 pm
DJ DAD - any news with this ^^^^^^

Posted Sun 29 Jun 14 @ 11:28 pm
video_crossfader & crossfader is an action that should be avoided. The video crossfader will behave depending on the AUTO or LINK options (in the Video panel), and if you have noticed, those 2 cant be combined. So if the Video transition you have selected, forces the AUTO video crossfader option (instead of the LINK), this may conflict things, not sure, but thats the only thing i cant think of.

Posted Sun 29 Jun 14 @ 11:52 pm
OK, well I did not have that issue in any other version (only now in 8) is there another way to map the fader to control the video

Posted Mon 30 Jun 14 @ 3:58 pm
You can still map the NS7II crossfader as video_crossfader and have the software crossfader disabled from Options

Posted Mon 30 Jun 14 @ 6:50 pm
Thanks DAD...I tried it. It works, but it goes against everything I have been doing for the last 3.5 years. Thanks for taking the time...

Posted Tue 01 Jul 14 @ 12:30 am
Allo g ns7 et Virtual dj infinity et mon slider side a et b ne fonctionne pas ????

Posted Mon 19 Jan 15 @ 5:21 pm
Hi y ave Virtual dj infinity and ns7 and m'y slider faderbdont workm???

Posted Mon 19 Jan 15 @ 5:22 pm
And i ave problème top for config dj emulator ont Virtual dj

Posted Mon 19 Jan 15 @ 5:24 pm
Sorry, this forum is for English language messages only.

Please either post your message again in English or use the appropriate language forum (Where available) to post in your own language.

These other language forums can be found at the bottom of the main forum topic list.

Posted Tue 20 Jan 15 @ 10:58 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)