Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Hercules RMX - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi, could you put a screenshot of how you got the Scratch mode light to work?

All my leds, function, the only one that stays out is the Scratch. It does triggers the Vinyl on the skin to go on and off, when pushing on it.

Posted Fri 13 Jun 14 @ 9:46 am
Is this mapping for hercules rmx 1 only or for hercules rmx 2 or both

Posted Fri 13 Jun 14 @ 10:41 am
El Sabroson wrote :
Hi, could you put a screenshot of how you got the Scratch mode light to work?

All my leds, function, the only one that stays out is the Scratch. It does triggers the Vinyl on the skin to go on and off, when pushing on it.

I didn't do any mapping to get the scratch light to work. My best guess is when I updated to the latest build I uninstalled VDJ first and removed the data base and settings when the pop up window came up.

The screenshot is an example of how I mapped sound effects for another user. It works for me, not sure about other users. It's for the RMX (1)
http://www.hercules.com/us/DJ-Music/bdd/p/62/dj-console-rmx/

Posted Fri 13 Jun 14 @ 11:28 am
Hercules DJ Console RMX lights problem steel unresolved. (I'm using VDJ 1855.692 now) The problem had been submitted to Hercules Customer Support and following answer received:
The problem that you are describing is related to the Virtual DJ program. Once the DJ program has been lunched and the connection between it and the console has been established, the control over the lights from the console is handed to the program.
Given the fact that the 8th edition of the Virtual DJ program is still in Beta testing we strongly recommend contacting Atomix Productions - the company that develops the Virtual DJ program - for indications on how this problem can be fixed.
Unquote

Posted Mon 23 Jun 14 @ 5:36 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
If you are using a USB 3.0 port, then you might need to use a powered USB 2.0 hub. The LEDs issue is probably a powering issue (or detection issue) rather than a mapping one.
And judging from the current feedback, we didnt see any other users having issues with the LEds, other than the SCRATCH one.

Posted Mon 23 Jun 14 @ 7:50 pm
Hi, I forgot to post a message back on the 13th of June, to mention that the scratch led works.

Based on the previous screenshot from djnrgbear I compared that with what my screen was showing and made the adjustment. After installation I was missing the LED_SCRATCH, so I manually created the Key giving it the Action: deck left vinyl_mode on ? deck right vinyl_mode on ? on : off as shown from the early mentioned screenshot.

It would have been handy if VDJ8 had respected the base configuration of the controllers, so people who just need the basic stuff would always have the correct configuration without needing to make manually mappings, etc. You want to DJ, not become a scripter or something like that ;-)

The people needing more advanced configurations, for them it would be okay to make custom configurations, but most of the users want to work straight out the box.

So at clean installation, VDJ8 should use the base .xml files from the Manufacturer. Behavior should be just like when installing a printer. When upgrading then leave as it is.

In this way a lot of issues or complaints could have been prevented.

What I still would like to see on the skin is the Balance button, there is no visualization when turning the Balance button to the Left or to the right.

Posted Wed 25 Jun 14 @ 3:54 am
El Sabroson wrote :
... so I manually created the Key giving it the Action: deck left vinyl_mode on ? deck right vinyl_mode on ? on : off as shown from the early mentioned screenshot.

Inspirated by this I tried it myself - finding out that this code doesn't work for me. It switches the LED on/off, but doesn't switch the vynil_mode. After some try-and-error I finally found it: first you have to adress the LED and afterwards the vynil_mode... so my code now is

vinyl_mode on ? on & vinyl_mode off : off & vinyl_mode on

Posted Wed 25 Jun 14 @ 4:32 am
FalkR1979,

The Vinyl mode I had changed a long time ago using information from an other forum topic. In the Key SCRATCH with the Action

deck left vinyl_mode on ? deck left vinyl_mode off & deck right vinyl_mode off : deck left vinyl_mode on & deck right vinyl_mode on

This was changing the vinyl mode on the skin on and off when hitting the Scratch button, but the led on the RMX was not lightening up, and with the Led_Scratch deck left vinyl_mode on ? deck right vinyl_mode on ? on : off it kicked in.

In order to fix one issue, you have to read several topics, and turns us into scripters. ;-)

Posted Wed 25 Jun 14 @ 7:40 am
Oh, there are additional keys? THAT ist a very interesting point.

None of the less - the above mentioned code did not completely do it. Needs to be:
deck left vinyl_mode on & deck right vinyl_mode on ? on & deck left vinyl_mode off & deck right vinyl_mode off : off & deck right vinyl_mode on & deck left vinyl_mode on

But: it switches vinyl_mode AND the LED in one

Posted Wed 25 Jun 14 @ 9:14 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
El Sabroson wrote :
FalkR1979,

The Vinyl mode I had changed a long time ago using information from an other forum topic. In the Key SCRATCH with the Action

deck left vinyl_mode on ? deck left vinyl_mode off & deck right vinyl_mode off : deck left vinyl_mode on & deck right vinyl_mode on

This was changing the vinyl mode on the skin on and off when hitting the Scratch button, but the led on the RMX was not lightening up, and with the Led_Scratch deck left vinyl_mode on ? deck right vinyl_mode on ? on : off it kicked in.

In order to fix one issue, you have to read several topics, and turns us into scripters. ;-)

What you posted is exactly the same actions that the native (factory default ) mapping has. I amnot sure why you had to search in the forums and edit the keys. Please make sure your computer is connected to the Internet and your software is updated to the latest build (for controllers, the last 3 digits should be .696) and choose the default mapping files from the CONTROLLERS tab.

Posted Wed 25 Jun 14 @ 10:16 am
Nope!

Beeing on Build 1855.692 the 'factory default'- mapping is like

To get the LED work I had to add some
deck left vinyl_mode on & deck right vinyl_mode on ? on & deck left vinyl_mode off & deck right vinyl_mode off : off & deck right vinyl_mode on & deck left vinyl_mode on

See the difference?

Posted Wed 25 Jun 14 @ 10:20 am
Djdad, then the default is not good, as I installed VDJ8 from scratch, so base clean and if it were not for the Forum, I would not have it working.

So I cannot call that Native support.

When VDJ8 was released to the public I installed the first version. This machine is constantly connected to the network and has received all updates. So somehow, during the first installation the "native" did not work.
And reading here and there, seems that a lot of people have the same experience about the "native".

Posted Wed 25 Jun 14 @ 11:03 am
I have used my RMX with VDJ8 at few gigs now with no problems, but at the last one my RMX stopped controlling the software.

Symptoms:
RMX lights still on
Current song still playing
Still able to control software via mouse/keyboard.
RMX tray icon still showed connected

Required a shutdown of software and unplug of RMX to get it to work again. Happened twice at the same gig about 1.5 hours apart. Thank god for backups. Crowd never knew.

Posted Wed 25 Jun 14 @ 12:38 pm
djdad wrote :
If you are using a USB 3.0 port, then you might need to use a powered USB 2.0 hub. The LEDs issue is probably a powering issue (or detection issue) rather than a mapping one.
And judging from the current feedback, we didnt see any other users having issues with the LEds, other than the SCRATCH one.

USB 3.0 was working correctly with VDJ 7.4 then continued to use it with VDJ 8. Now I'm using powered USB 2.0 hub and some of LEDs blinks some not.
Kill buttons and effects buttons LEDS not working. Scratch, Beat Lock, Cue, Mic On/Off buttons LEDS are all OK.
2nd problem:
When I turn off my pc and restart it later and open VDJ 8, Hercules RMX console not recognized and all the lights off. After unplug and replug of USB cable a message of VDJ saying: "RMX Console dedected do you want to use it." After clicking on Yes Hercules LEDs blinks and console could be used.

Posted Thu 26 Jun 14 @ 3:58 am
borsalinotr wrote :
Kill buttons and effects buttons LEDS not working.

Those buttons don't have any LEDs I think...

Posted Thu 26 Jun 14 @ 6:53 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)