Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Browser - Wishes & new features - Page: 14

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
My pad page automix live has the option to remove a selected track from a playlist all from your controller, zero mouse interaction

pad 5 switches the browser focus
pick the track with your browser scroll encoder
shiftpad 4, the script it performs is "browser_remove"

Posted Mon 10 Oct 16 @ 9:13 pm
Was trying a different type of searching with just one field, the fields to search context menu disappearing after each selection/de-seletion was a bit of a pain.
wouldn't it be better if you could chose to pin the context menu.

Posted Mon 10 Oct 16 @ 9:19 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
If you still have a copy of v7 available load up a few songs in automix, now grab a tune and drag it away to just over the line with the browser and drop, file has gone from automix in an instant, now try doing that in v8 or with a script, you see the effort/movements and time needed to do that compared to the first instance.

I'm not been funny guys, just trying to best explain what I'm on about, first instance wins hands down every time and is a lot more convenient.

Posted Tue 11 Oct 16 @ 12:00 am
Not going back to v7 ever, I know what you're talking about, I'm just offering a solution,
select - keyboard key has to be quicker, even for just one track
start taking about removing more than one and the using the mouse is a laborious method

but whatever it's a wish.

Posted Tue 11 Oct 16 @ 12:25 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
tayla wrote :
I also want the return of being able to drag a song out of automix

It's been requested a few times, and the reply has been that there are no plans for it to return. The reasoning has been explained in the past too. That doesn't make this forum a 'deadpool' - a lot of requests will not make it into the software, in much the same way as most DJ's won't play every request they ever receive, no matter how much the person making the request thinks it will fill the dance floor.

Posted Tue 11 Oct 16 @ 3:14 pm
Speaking of this can we please get an option to "move" tracks between automix and sidelist. In V7 they were moved from one list to the other, however in V8 it copies them and leaves the song in both lists.

Pretty sure I have asked for this before.

Posted Tue 11 Oct 16 @ 3:21 pm
I wish if you can make an internal keyboard for searching song's,especially for touch screen users, so we don't need to use external keyboard that would be so cool! touch screen keyboard inside of the software and to be able to switch that on/off in case some people prefers to use external one..
that would be so cool you could prepare your music,play list,cues everywhere you go and simply just give another reason why we use virtual dj 8 ....
this is cool feature for touch screen users I hope to see this happen with virtual dj 8 because it's so cool, you could use your tablet pc without external keyboard Benefit: more space on table ,prepare you tracks on the go,Tablet pc without external keyboard and controller look's so nice together , It look's like one thing!
That's what we need!

Posted Wed 12 Oct 16 @ 4:50 pm

Posted Wed 12 Oct 16 @ 5:00 pm
Worth noting that touchscreen users already have the OS keyboard too...

Posted Wed 12 Oct 16 @ 5:07 pm
Exactly. I'm on a Windows 7 machine with Wacom pen and it has a touch keyboard in the taskbar that can be accessed with one click.

You can also call osk.exe as that's also built in to Windows.

Posted Wed 12 Oct 16 @ 5:10 pm
Groovindj thanks for that I did not know that already existed one
Sbdj I think this is gonna be more and more users using touchscreen!
you done very good job man...
kradcliffe thanks for the info! have you been used with vdj could you tell me your experience I have been thinking to get one would you recommend?

Posted Wed 12 Oct 16 @ 5:15 pm
I have the Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro i7 which folds in to a tablet, it's really really excellent.

I use it with the crane laptop stand. Along with the MC6000 the setup is so compact it will fit in pretty much any DJ booth.

Posted Wed 12 Oct 16 @ 5:38 pm
[kradcliffe] this is nice man, is your 13 inch or 15 inch if is 13 is it ok with vdj8 any trouble with it?

Posted Wed 12 Oct 16 @ 8:39 pm
grennoPRO InfinityMember since 2012
The ability to change a tracks rating straight from the browser (as opposed to having to open the tag details and writing the tag)

Rekordbox has this facility. And it is so useful to rate tracks on the fly

Posted Wed 12 Oct 16 @ 9:44 pm
You can rate a track directly on the deck, although it requires either a custom skin or some DIY mapping at present.

Posted Wed 12 Oct 16 @ 11:34 pm
13 inch. No problems whatsoever. It's a complete workhorse running MC6000 & DDJ_SP1. Handles video with the on-board chip no problem.

I run two browsers including Twitter for requests and it stays cool all night. Best DJ laptop I have ever had (and that's since 1999)

Posted Wed 12 Oct 16 @ 11:57 pm
Thanks! Kradcliffe, Grenno recordbox is still crap man it's not stable software which you can trust it yet, it's to early for that software to be stable!,I have tried and crashed many times at home 3 to 4 times a day so i couldn't go out and perform with this , I'm back to vdj8 and no problems! vdj8 is the stability which I can trust and relax when I'm playing thanks to vdj 8 team you guy's rock, I'm lucky because ddjrx is natively supported by vdj8 otherwise I would be returning the whole product to the shop where I have purchased.

Posted Thu 13 Oct 16 @ 9:20 am
Two Requests.
1) Genius DJ to work with Videos!
If you only have videos selected, when you drag & drop a song to Genius DJ, nothing shows until you turn on audio files back on.
A small thing, but it's SO frustrating! It's suggestions happily find vidoe & audio, but you have to turn audio on to make it work.
2) Add the facility to remove a Genius DJ selection from the auto mix list.
if you accidentally drag and drop a suggestion into the automix group before you search for it, the search icon can't be removed from automix until you reboot VDJ

Posted Mon 17 Oct 16 @ 9:29 am
Modify Line Spacing ?

It's a nice feature for my pained eyes that I can modify the Character Size in virtualdj. But for example, in Spotify it's for me much more easier to read the browser results. Why? There is more distance between the lines. My Wish: is it possible to integrate Buttons analog Character-Size to modify line-spacing for Browser-lists in virtualdj? The old guard and their eyes will say: "Thank you very much!"

Posted Fri 28 Oct 16 @ 10:48 pm
1+ for more distance between the lines from me.

Posted Sat 29 Oct 16 @ 9:43 am
33%