Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Browser - Wishes & new features - Page: 15

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

bazoooPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Thank You Very Much

Old Guard
klangkörper wrote :
Modify Line Spacing ?

It's a nice feature for my pained eyes that I can modify the Character Size in virtualdj. But for example, in Spotify it's for me much more easier to read the browser results. Why? There is more distance between the lines. My Wish: is it possible to integrate Buttons analog Character-Size to modify line-spacing for Browser-lists in virtualdj? The old guard and their eyes will say: "Thank you very much!"

Posted Sat 29 Oct 16 @ 2:10 pm
Would like the ability to drag tracks off the jog wheel to place on side list. Instead of researching for it again.

Posted Sun 30 Oct 16 @ 6:15 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
use a script on a custom button,
how would you mouse scratch if your wish was granted?

Posted Sun 30 Oct 16 @ 6:27 am
Was not thinking of using a script but with mouse drag I can place the track on my side list in my preferred order.

Posted Sun 30 Oct 16 @ 9:02 am
But that would kill mouse scratching

Posted Sun 30 Oct 16 @ 2:26 pm
The recent[ish] alt+key shortcuts have sped up tagging for me [mostly alt+n]
Can we have more, with a little underline to show the shortcut

I'm thinking, Artist,Title, Remix, Genre, Comments, alt+1-5 for the rating, and not forgetting shortcuts to rename the file

If you could tag without touching the mouse or cycling tab I think that would be an improvement.

Posted Mon 31 Oct 16 @ 2:02 am
If a database is broken could it tell the user the first line where it is broken.
I'm trying to learn regex to tidy up my database [brave/stupid] 3 edits will work and the 4th will break it, I should back up more often.

Posted Fri 04 Nov 16 @ 7:39 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Notepad++ has an xml plugin that can validate xml and show you where it's wrong.

Posted Fri 04 Nov 16 @ 1:46 pm
Thanks, I'm learning new stuff today.

Posted Fri 04 Nov 16 @ 2:31 pm
ScottyGPRO InfinityMember since 2010
tayla wrote :
A larger search box is required, not so much length but height of box, pointless having a zoom function in the browser area if you can't see the field to put your search into, lol. Thanks.

Take it a step further... let's be able to undock the search folder/window so it acts as a "pop up" window when you press, let's say, the insert button. And/Or you can take the search folder and drag it to a 2nd screen and make it full screen. Could you imagine?? Also all the txt is soooo tiny and hard to read. Need to be able to increase the font size on the rest of the screen, not just the browser font... All computers have huge screens now so let's use them!!! (my eyes aren't getting any younger...)

Posted Mon 07 Nov 16 @ 6:17 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Haha, mine are on crutches, that's why I also asked if anything could be done with the sampler drop down and make it into grid square system instead, that tiny little box is worse than the browser search box for working with. I don't think it's on a to do list yet, just hope it gets done before my vanity is totally shot to pieces, lol.

Posted Mon 07 Nov 16 @ 6:31 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
ScottyG wrote :
Take it a step further... let's be able to undock the search folder/window so it acts as a "pop up" window when you press, let's say, the insert button. And/Or you can take the search folder and drag it to a 2nd screen and make it full screen. Could you imagine??

This is already possible, but would require a skin modification or custom skin to accomplish. I think there already a couple with a detachable browser.

tayla wrote :
if anything could be done with the sampler drop down and make it into grid square system instead

There are no plans to implement that at this time.

Posted Tue 08 Nov 16 @ 4:34 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Would it be possible to enlarge the box itself, that would probably aliviate some of the problem.

Posted Tue 08 Nov 16 @ 5:11 pm
hrdnxPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Hello Everyone
I'm looking to map this function to a button
"Load focused folder to auto mix side list and begin autoplay"
this can currently be done by dragging said folder and manually activating autoplay
thnx in advance

Posted Fri 18 Nov 16 @ 9:28 am
Please provide a way for us to display corrupted tracks. Please also display info on why they've been flagged (i.e. what's the fault).

This has been requested in 2012 and again in 2014 (see here) but it's still not possible to show (filter out) these files, or to know exactly what the problem with them is.

Thank you

Posted Sat 19 Nov 16 @ 1:03 pm
CueItUpPRO InfinityMember since 2014
Remove from Automix on Load. In 7 we could drag/drop from the Automix list to a deck and the song would instantly remove the song from the list (unlike sidelist where the song remains.) Now the song stays until after it's hit the "played" length of time from both Automix and Sidelist unless it's manually removed.

Posted Sat 19 Nov 16 @ 7:50 pm
CueItUpPRO InfinityMember since 2014
The "Search Similar Songs" feature is a great addition. a "Search More by Artist" option to automatically show other songs by the same artist would be great.

Posted Sun 20 Nov 16 @ 12:09 am
Make the browser function like MacOS/OSX Finder when moving/dragging tracks in playlist. As it is you have to grab & drag a track up or down, release the track, scroll up or down in the browser, grab & drag a track up or down, stop, scroll up or down in the browser. In Traktor you simply drag a track to the top or bottom of the browser and it auto scrolls when you touch the top edge or bottom edge of the browser. Finder in OSX/MacOS functions the same way.

Posted Thu 08 Dec 16 @ 9:53 pm
I would love to have a way to adjust how the dates for last play and first play etc are displayed in the browser. example instead of 11/16/2016 have it display NOV 2016 or NOVEMBER 16th 2016. I would also love to have a way to put in blanks between fields or maybe centering the display fields instead of always left aligned, sometimes text runs together and gets confusing even in smart mode on smaller displays.

Posted Sun 11 Dec 16 @ 10:34 pm
Just a little one for the tag editor,

I don't use ratings, I find that most of the time a rating is transient, but occasionally I accidentally rate a track and I find it a little annoying that I can't clear that rating from the editor, Why not have a Zero next to the stars?

Posted Sun 08 Jan 17 @ 3:37 am
35%