Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Browser - Wishes & new features - Page: 13

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
I second a prep and performance mode!

That would be really usefull.
As it is now, I have to change the skin, mappings and even some settings when I'm at a gig.

Posted Fri 26 Aug 16 @ 10:37 am
I wish for a databse backup and restore feature. From time to time I get a "database corrupted on (*) drive". Restoring is not a problem simply retag and bPM analyze but when you are on a gig and this happens you don't have time to rebuild the meta data on your database. I know you can copy and rename the database but I was hoping you can make this easier for us with a "Backup database" and "Restore data" where VirtualDJ could do this for you for quick rebuild until you can properly rescan on the files when you return home.

Thank you

Posted Sun 28 Aug 16 @ 3:55 am
There are several backup tools in the download area.

Posted Sun 28 Aug 16 @ 7:27 am
Multi Column sorting in Browser and also available with VDJscript.

Posted Tue 30 Aug 16 @ 12:58 am
sonisphere wrote :
I wish for a databse backup and restore feature. From time to time I get a "database corrupted on (*) drive". Restoring is not a problem simply retag and bPM analyze but when you are on a gig and this happens you don't have time to rebuild the meta data on your database. I know you can copy and rename the database but I was hoping you can make this easier for us with a "Backup database" and "Restore data" where VirtualDJ could do this for you for quick rebuild until you can properly rescan on the files when you return home.

Thank you

Are these tool for the Mac platform could be better.

Posted Fri 02 Sep 16 @ 9:05 pm
gtquinoPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Hello!

As VirtualDJ automatically gets the song cover if you have access to Internet, is it possible to have the release year of the track as well?

Best regards.

Posted Fri 09 Sep 16 @ 3:40 am
IMO it's never a good idea to let your tag information be added by software (or info from the internet).

If you want it to be accurate then the only sure way is to enter it yourself.

Release years can be especially problematic. For example, if the track was taken from a compilation album then the file tag will probably contain the release date of the album, not the original year the track came out.

Posted Sat 10 Sep 16 @ 8:13 am
Be able to see the waveform in browse area in the song list. Just like you can show the album art now. In this way you can quickly scan for a song that has a long intro for example or just the opposite.

Posted Sat 17 Sep 16 @ 10:55 pm
Be able to show the waveform in the songlist view. Just like you can show the album art now. If it would be there you could easily scan for songs that have a long intro, or not...

Posted Sat 17 Sep 16 @ 10:57 pm
how about just a save or apply button

Posted Sat 08 Oct 16 @ 4:42 am
EskoladeControlleristMember since 2014
Could we please get a feature to "link" songs together so that if one of them is played, all the others are marked as having been played? This would be handy in the case where you have different versions of one song. Or perhaps you have two songs, one of which is a remix/mashup with a verse from the other, and you don't want to accidentally have that same verse play twice!

Yes, I did copy and paste this directly from my other post.

Posted Sun 09 Oct 16 @ 11:17 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Eskolade wrote :
Could we please get a feature to "link" songs together

I've thought about just that, I'll see what can be done with the "my library" or vfolders. I think it's possible now.

Posted Sun 09 Oct 16 @ 12:18 pm
hrdnxPRO InfinityMember since 2011
How about a GOTO sub menu
such as under goto "folder" goto "artist" "album" etc

Posted Sun 09 Oct 16 @ 2:29 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Would still love to have the feature of drag and drop from browser to automix and vice versa available in v8 as it was in previous versions. Would make work flow so much easier.

Posted Sun 09 Oct 16 @ 3:22 pm
bazoooPRO InfinityMember since 2007
tayla wrote :
Would still love to have the feature of drag and drop from browser to automix and vice versa available in v8 as it was in previous versions. Would make work flow so much easier.

I can drag and drop between browser and automix with 8.2

Posted Mon 10 Oct 16 @ 1:20 am
Yes, you can drag into automix but I also want the return of being able to drag a song out of automix, I use it more for a reminder on requests, so when I drag a track across onto a deck the file stays in the automix section and doesn't automatically disappear like it used too, I just would like that function returned.

Posted Mon 10 Oct 16 @ 10:00 am
tayla wrote :
Yes, you can drag into automix but I also want the return of being able to drag a song out of automix, I use it more for a reminder on requests, so when I drag a track across onto a deck the file stays in the automix section and doesn't automatically disappear like it used too, I just would like that function returned.

I thought this was an option, "clear after played"?? I could be wrong though.

Posted Mon 10 Oct 16 @ 5:02 pm
tayla wrote :
I use it more for a reminder on requests

Isn't that what the sidelist is for?

Posted Mon 10 Oct 16 @ 5:31 pm
Automix has being my method of choice since I can remember for placing requests in, it was very convenient while a client asked for a request to drag the tune over and they could see I had placed the song and knew that at some point it would get played.

Now the other reason I use automix was it was also convenient for two other things, one, if I needed a break I could line a selection up and disappear for a few minutes and secondly, if I decided I couldn't fit the track in or I noticed the punter had left the building I could just drag the track out the list without fannying on using the mouse, it was that simple. Now I got to highlight the track, right click, select remove...

What is it that you don't get guys? a simple request that has being requested since the release of V8 and it still has not being implemented, this deadpool of the forums is like chucking a penny down a well and making a wish, you just never get a reply.

I wonder if half the time requests can even be gotten to work on this new engine.

Posted Mon 10 Oct 16 @ 7:27 pm
Sorry bro, I dont use it just thought that they weren't disappearing after being played but yeah I understand what your saying now.....

Have a shot or 2 on me (glasses up).

Posted Mon 10 Oct 16 @ 9:05 pm
31%