Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Browser - Wishes & new features - Page: 43
brille1PRO InfinityMember since 2018
Sorry, my fault. Didn't find it at first …

Yet, Quick Filters doesn't seem to work for me:

("Dateipfad" => "File Path")

PS: This doesn't even work if condition is like "File Path contains 'Power Music'")

Posted Mon 15 Jul 24 @ 10:51 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Quick filters filter what's in view, so if you are browsing an empty folder it will indeed not show anything.
If you want to search the entire database you could create a regular filter folder

Posted Tue 16 Jul 24 @ 6:28 am
brille1PRO InfinityMember since 2018
Hmm … then the FilePath filter doesn't actually make any sense, does it?

Nah, using these filters I will have the same hassle on stage that I'm having right now. I will have to create one for each situation. That's what I'm doing right now and that's not a feasible solution, I'm afraid.

Actually, adding a "include sub folders" checkbox context menu item to the list of Browser search options couldn't be less effort compared to the added value:

- Add a CheckBox context menu item ("Include sub folders")
- Change the current database query filter predicate from "=" to "LIKE" when the context menu item is checked. ("AND FilePath LIKE '{CurrentFolder.FilePath}%'")

Posted Tue 16 Jul 24 @ 7:37 am
IMO there's no need to make folders on your drive, add sub folders, then put only certain files in each folder.

DJ software uses a database, so once all your files are correctly tagged and added to the database, you can find anything - regardless of where it is on your drive.

Use playlists and smartlists to organise things into groups. Find genres, years, tempo ranges etc. without needing to divide files up into folders all over your drive.

Posted Tue 16 Jul 24 @ 7:56 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
The context menu item is there, but it's on the folder itself, and called 'recurse'
In combination with the rememberRecurse option, you only need to set this once for the root folder, then when you open the root folder it will show the subfolders as well (and searching will separate the folders+subfolders from the rest of the database results)

Posted Tue 16 Jul 24 @ 8:10 am
FilePath = Location on disk

FilePath starts with "C:\Music\".

Posted Tue 16 Jul 24 @ 1:01 pm
djkrysrPRO InfinityMember since 2010
I know this has been mentioned before but thought I would have another go as Virtual DJ becomes even more functional.

Could the 'Sideview' GeniusDJ tab have a ''Show Only' function the same as the main browser windows to isolate 'Video' 'Music' & 'Karaoke' depending on users needs.

I 'DJ' exclusively with video but have to take gigs where Karaoke is required and also work in Cabaret venues with regular performers who's backing tracks I keep on my PC for their convenience, DJing in between their performances.

When I am 'DJing' the 'Remixes' 'Recommended Next' & 'Linked Tracks' history are full of Karaoke and audio tracks to the point where I have to scroll down to find the video tracks that would be useful for me.
I can use a color rule to grey out unwanted results but I have to turn this on and off each time and it doesn't prevent the list filling up with unwanted suggestions, I have also partitioned my drive so I can tell Virtua DJ to ignore the drives with audio or karaoke on but again it's a manual process I have to do each time.

If (in the Genius DJ section) you could select what media to show it would be a great help as although I may not be a 'typical' user, there must be DJ's with Karaoke on their system that experience the same issue as me whether they use video or audio or both when doing live DJ sets.

PS, while writing this message it did occur to me that there may be a way to script a button to ignore or allow specific drives that I could program when DJing. If this would work as a workaround and anyone knows the correct syntax, any assistance would be appreciated, thanks.

Posted Sun 21 Jul 24 @ 8:55 pm
gvastePRO InfinityMember since 2019
can we have fixed width for columns please :(
can we have save presets for columns please :(

Posted Tue 23 Jul 24 @ 3:35 am
gvastePRO InfinityMember since 2019
Multiple folder selection please 🙏🏻
moving 100 directories inside virtual DJ becomes an awful task.
i known i can change de database.xml and moving on windows explorer but i want to have a fast workflow not just advanced tricks.

Posted Sat 27 Jul 24 @ 3:17 pm