Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: database history virtual folders issues

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

before bed I went to look and see if old playlist had been transferred over to v8 and next to the search bar in VERY tiny print I could barely read it said "Browsing..."
was tired and didn't think much of it so went back to playing with video.
go back to it after waking up and damn near everything is apparently shiny and new. I spent a day and a half re-scanning everything on 2 external drives when 8 dropped. don't want to have to do this on a regular basis.

Posted Thu 22 May 14 @ 5:01 pm
it is now re-reading tags every time I open 8.
this is getting irritating to say the least.

Posted Fri 23 May 14 @ 3:04 am
anyone?

Posted Fri 23 May 14 @ 5:30 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
when it says Browsing..it probably means that it tries to relocate missing tracks or rather broken links. VirtualDJ 8 is not "fixing" any links though, so it tries to do that each time you browse through your Playlists.
The most common reason of broken llinks of Playlists is the different letter that an External Drive can get and of course because you have moved the tracks to a different location or even renamed them.
I would still suggest to manually check and edit the paths of your Playlists , either by opening them with a Text Editor or even use the Playlists fixer (tool from the Plugins Page)

Posted Fri 23 May 14 @ 11:15 pm
not that simple i'm afraid.
I meticulously keep drives and folders locked in place basically - I don't add or play them to vdj or folders until after they are stored on external drives and they are then scanned and added to virtual folders
I also keep the external drives locked in their respective usb slots so there is no drive letter change.
the other issue is - the playlists and history had already been gone over to make sure they hadn't been lost or changed when I installed 8 and they had worked and played fine.
Wednesday they were fine. Thursday not so much.
file info I had added was gone from tags as well but filepath was unchanged.

Posted Sat 24 May 14 @ 3:33 am
told vdj to rescan folders again, got on the exercise bike and watched a movie, sat down to play with video again - it crashed trying to use a text plug in (text2d -yeah I know I keep forgetting they aren't ready) - and now they are back to not being read.

Posted Sat 24 May 14 @ 7:19 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)