Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Just give me back 7.4.1 - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

So once again I open 8. It will not recognize any of my media. When I first loaded and tried out V8, it grab all my media without asking. So after issues, I decided I was tired of trying out VDJ8 and deleted it. It took 7 with it. So now I have No VDJ. How Can I get 7.4.1 back, and I'll quit messing with 8!

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 9:21 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
What do you mean by media ? Your music library or some MIDI devices ? Could you be more specific of the issues you are getting ?
How exactly did you delete version 8 ? Version 7 and 8 share the same folder. did you delete the entire VirtualDj folder ? Version 7 database was in there as well. Do you have backup of that ?

Version 7 is still in your Account page if you want to re-install , but we would rather need from you to help us resolving any issues.

thank you

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 9:23 pm
AsTheDJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Yes 8 Not seeing my music and the content Unlimited is NOT working right And NO BOOK about 8 the info they post don't work

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 9:32 pm
one thing,his user name its "so fitting"...:)

Posted Thu 22 May 14 @ 12:23 am
jucenicPRO InfinityMember since 2012
mrgrumpy1 wrote :
So once again I open 8. It will not recognize any of my media. When I first loaded and tried out V8, it grab all my media without asking. So after issues, I decided I was tired of trying out VDJ8 and deleted it. It took 7 with it. So now I have No VDJ. How Can I get 7.4.1 back, and I'll quit messing with 8!

To get back Virtual 7, go to your account, go to licence and download virtual 7

Posted Thu 22 May 14 @ 12:52 am
I've gone back to 7.4. I can't get 8 to work with my N4 :-(

Posted Thu 22 May 14 @ 6:24 pm
Ok guys, this is what happened. And yes, at times I do get Grumpy, but listen because this is interesting. I opened 8, it wouldn't open. Twice I tried. No luck. So I decided to uninstall 8 and reinstall 8. So I uninstalled 8, then went to 741 to make sure it was still ok. It would not open because it could not find a skins folder. Since 741 isn't available anymore, I was without an operating program. So on a whim I searched the trash bin where I found a VDJ folder of skins, mappers and etc.. I restored that folder and 741 opened and functioned fine. The point here is, 8 must not run beside 741 because obviously it has an effect on it. Now 741 running fine, reloaded 8 and running fine although it failed to open the first try. And if I get Grumpy, its because I want to see this program run as perfect as the VDJ staff does!!

Posted Thu 22 May 14 @ 10:40 pm
Then ask questions, "before" you delete stuff. As stated, version 7 is in "My Accounts", and you will always have it. You can run 7 and 8 on the same computer. If It works for us, it should work for you and everyone else. We all have the same software, only different computers.

Posted Fri 23 May 14 @ 12:03 am
When you uninstalled version 8 you would have been given a warning message:

Do you want to delete files and settings? Yes/No

If you pressed yes then this is why you had a problem. V8 and V7 will play well side by side but they do share some folders, skins being 1 of them.
In future if you have an issue with 8. Rather than uninstalling, just delete the settings.xml file. This will reset version 8 to factory settings. V8 has been designed so you never should need to uninstall and start from scratch completely.

Posted Fri 23 May 14 @ 2:41 am
i lost all my virtual folders too. but i learned later that if you just delete "database.xml" <-- this is where virtual dj 8 stores all the information such as tracks cue points etc. so if you delete the database.xml virtual dj 8 will be forced to read "virtualdj database v6.xml" which is where the old 7.4.1 stores all the info.

Posted Fri 23 May 14 @ 11:14 am
Im sticking with VDJ 7 for the time being . Supposed to be Plug and play with hardware ADJ MXR19 however i have to rewrite the settings as volume is set high. faders are such as you have to turn them full on to see any video which is still two dark .Yes I can change the settings with the former '' don't know about the others as I have no knoledge of how to but Dan was so helpful last week . The software freezes and you have to reset the factory settings. Other issues are yet to be fixed. Not knocking VDJ 8 As we had teething problems with 7 and then that became so stable. The only benefit of 8 for me is that fact it got rid of a search bug which is still in 7 . Something for nothing in the case of Pro users so when fixes are in place I look forward to using it but a big thank you to the team.

Posted Fri 23 May 14 @ 11:43 am
chriso710 wrote :
it got rid of a search bug which is still in 7

What bug?

Posted Fri 23 May 14 @ 12:15 pm
rlovePRO InfinityMember since 2010
gimmo wrote :
i lost all my virtual folders too. but i learned later that if you just delete "database.xml" <-- this is where virtual dj 8 stores all the information such as tracks cue points etc. so if you delete the database.xml virtual dj 8 will be forced to read "virtualdj database v6.xml" which is where the old 7.4.1 stores all the info.

That is the special magic!

Posted Fri 23 May 14 @ 12:50 pm
djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
As I'm mainly a karaoke jock these days, I'm currently sticking with 7.4.1 for gigs, as it seems there's still a few little niggles with karaoke in version 8, plus I need to wait for the good people at Pangolin to update their plugins before I can go "live" with it. However, I have both running fine on my gig laptop, and so far no problems with one interfering with the other. I'm currently building up a new "version 8 ready" collection of audio/video samples, eager for the moment when I can try it out live on a gig!

Posted Fri 23 May 14 @ 1:01 pm
Roger that Dan, and yes I did choose yes to delete those file as I thought they were isolated only to 8. One impression I'm getting which may sound odd is, 8 seems to run gracefully, while 741 was kinda mechanical. Maybe it's me. Thanks guys!!

Posted Fri 23 May 14 @ 5:41 pm
I'm back on 7.41 this weekend too... I'm missing 8.0, and yes, I wish it was working as we all anticipated... But tbh, there was nothing at all wrong with 7.4... Having a great night so far!!

Posted Fri 23 May 14 @ 5:52 pm
jeremtPRO InfinityMember since 2010
You folks seems having problems with VirtualDJ 8, may be your pc or your laptop having problems, thing is that I have windows 7 on my pc and I have VirtualDJ 8 and it is working well, broadcasting well, the sound quality is so clear and I have lots of listeners. I have still got the VirtualDJ 7.4.1 on my pc. The VirtualDJ 8 is new and lots of teething problem for you folks. I have choice to have the VirtualDJ 7.4.1 or VirtualDJ 8 to broadcast.

Posted Fri 23 May 14 @ 6:06 pm
This is my 4th week with 8. I am playing now, all video, on the forum, with 3 video sites open, in case I have to buy something. Also just got word that some Chicago Bears players are coming in. So I just went to You tube, to get a few of their logos. Mo Money, Mo Money, Mo Money. Stable for me.

Posted Fri 23 May 14 @ 8:36 pm
Ya know, I think all of us with problems with 8, need to slow way down, way down. Study the manual, and then start tippy toeing into it. I am realizing 8 is very powerful. And If WE don't know how to use it, then we'll have problems with it!

Posted Sat 24 May 14 @ 11:17 pm
Very well said Mr Grumpy!! It is a whole new beast with many new features and hidden gems!!

Posted Sat 24 May 14 @ 11:18 pm
44%