Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Just give me back 7.4.1 - Page: 2

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

I too am learning the new version aswell what I need to change on my system to suit my needs. Trust me there are team members aswell as regular users like myself that are happy to help out if we can. I personally had an issue and it took me 2 weeks to figure out it was the way I was doing things. I had to step back and say this isn't 7.4 this is new.. Running flawless tonight because of that. Typing this while live.

Posted Sat 24 May 14 @ 11:22 pm
Brian, you are dead on. I only know how to use the basic stuff on 8. Last night was my first time using the video sampler. It's Memorial Day weekend, I needed my clips to put up, to honor our soldiers. The thing with the Chicago Bears logo, went over very well. I am taking it slowly, but still putting it through it's paces. No crashes yet, but have a back up if it does. I need to do some things to my machine, but not until I finish this sweet 16, next Sat. Unless I am forced to.

Posted Sun 25 May 14 @ 12:06 am
I too only play with a backup of 7.4 on my other license. I will not jeopardize my gig flying blind, although I have been flying blind in 8 for a few weeks. If I crash or hang all I have to do is switch the matrix to change over the video. I have songs loaded up on the other player just to be safe. Can not wait for my Firetext to work again!! But I am not one to bitch I know this stuff takes time. Already offered my help to Paul and the Firetext team.

Posted Sun 25 May 14 @ 12:17 am
Yeah, our matrix is too small for the club, they are planning some upgrades. We actually have a little mp3 player hooked up that continues to play some mixes. I just have to turn up that channel on the mixer, less than 2 seconds. I have a backup laptop, but have not even been hooking it up lately. Getting spoiled. I miss my Pangolin plug ins. May have to use 7 next week, if I don't get some scrolling text plugins. Actually, that's the beauty of this whole thing. We still have 7, just in case.

Posted Sun 25 May 14 @ 12:38 am
my backup is windows media player(default sound to my controller) with a premixed track for 6 minutes. enough time to restart or switch to vdj 7.4 .

Posted Mon 26 May 14 @ 4:09 am
gimmo wrote :
my backup is windows media player(default sound to my controller) with a premixed track for 6 minutes. enough time to restart or switch to vdj 7.4 .

Yes Gimmo, it's a good idea and a great safety net. I always carry a few playlists composed of different genres in Media Player also.

Posted Mon 26 May 14 @ 4:34 am
Before going 'live' with VDJ8 I used it at home to create a backup of a full night. I loaded from the History folder into automix 'May Bank Holiday Sunday' from a few weeks ago. It was a full 4 1/2 hours of general Chart & Dance normally played at that venue. Just set it away in automix recording in VDJ8 audio only at 320kbps. I then transferred the finished mp3 into my iPod. Now, at the start of every gig I press play on the iPod which is plugged into one channel on my MC6000. Any computer problems just push the fader up.

I have also done this for my Rock gig, obviously using music normally played at that venue.
I even put one of these mixes on my iPhone as a second backup ;-)

I used to make backup CDs, but, find this a more flexible elegant solution.

Posted Mon 26 May 14 @ 6:10 am
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
automix/ transitions worked fine ? Read there have been some issues with automix...?

Posted Mon 26 May 14 @ 6:13 am
Ha ha ha, dunno, haven't listened to it all the way through. It's just a backup, but what I have heard sounds fine for this job. ;-)

Posted Mon 26 May 14 @ 6:16 am
installed vdj8 yesterday, decided not to use it just yet for gigs, waiting for the updates, but reading the manual & learning the new features in 8 it looks great. running both vdj7 & vdj8 on the same laptop no crashes........yet.

Posted Mon 26 May 14 @ 9:35 am
hi guys hope your all having a good new yr so far :) im still running 7.41 cant get use to 8 my problem is that after 2 hrs or so vdj decides to stop interacting with my controllers 1st is the Hercules 4mx and the other is an American audio vms 4.1.
I have swapped leads used powered usb even deleted both laptops re installed vdj and still im getting cut off after about 2hrs
has anyone else had these problems as its driving me nuts
ive got both laptops maxed with 4gig of ram so its not the laps
suspect vdj has a time limiter on my pro licence (is that possible ) really need this sorted as its costing me gigs now with poor reps
hope someone can help me out :)

Posted Mon 19 Jan 15 @ 9:29 pm
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
Do you work on Windows ?
If so please check if USB Powersaving is disabled.
Do you run both versions of VirtualDJ on your laptops ?
have you tried to run a V8 installation only on one Laptop ?

Posted Tue 20 Jan 15 @ 1:01 am
4gb RAM is anything but maxed. It's the minimum amount required to run Windows.

Nothing to do with your issue but worth mentioning anyway......

Posted Tue 20 Jan 15 @ 2:02 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Lol, no it isn't
x86 4GB is the max.
Windows 7 32b 2GB running perfectly well here.

Posted Tue 20 Jan 15 @ 2:45 am
Also, PCs are often restricted in the amount of RAM they can accept. "Maxed out" could simply mean that it's got as much in it as it'll take.

Besides, not much use in more RAM with 32 bit anyway (and VDJ is 32 bit).

Posted Tue 20 Jan 15 @ 4:36 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Not quite correct groovin.
If your OS is 64bit it makes sense to have more than 4GByte RAM. Because the os needs RAM to work, other installed apps need RAM and vdj needs ram.
Vdj, as 32bit, is just able to allocate 3 GByte of RAM, but if you have 8 GByte installed there is plenty left for other applications running.

Posted Tue 20 Jan 15 @ 7:28 am
Yes I realise that, but we're talking about Virtual DJ. In most cases, DJs prefer to run only VDJ on their system to keep it stripped down. :-)

Posted Tue 20 Jan 15 @ 8:01 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
I can't wait until business laptops get cheaper, 128 GB of ram, by the time I could afford one we'll be on V12 128 bit, and I might have just bought a licence for 300 Renminbi.

Posted Tue 20 Jan 15 @ 8:19 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
groovindj wrote :
Yes I realise that, but we're talking about Virtual DJ. In most cases, DJs prefer to run only VDJ on their system to keep it stripped down. :-)

My bet, 90% of all VDJ useres don't use an optimized system.

Posted Tue 20 Jan 15 @ 9:41 am
That's why so many people are here complaining about VDJ :-)

Posted Tue 20 Jan 15 @ 9:54 am
89%